Best Camera For Dog Photography

Lemonlime

DAwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Glad you are having fun with the new camera, Luke. I can recommend a litle HP Laptop, they are brilliant. You can keep windows too. This one is so adorable, its a 14 inch screen and lightweight. Its from the HP Pavilion Entertainment series.

The thing is that in honesty I am a bit over PC's as I work on one pretty much all day and all though it sound ridiculous I thought that an I-mac at home might be the change that is as good as a rest? Has anyone here tried/got an i-mac for some feedback?

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Luke, very generous offer, but I couldnt accept. Thanks so much though, very very kind of you :thumbsup:

I dont know if I can wait till up to November for a new camera...ill go down today and have a look at some.

Luke, those photos are awsome, were they taken with the kit lense?

Loving the GSP photos, well done :eek:

I got a Nikon D80 today and i LOVE it. I ended up opting for a kit and the next lens I buy will be a zoom lens.

I have given it a few test shots and even though it is dark here (night time), it is getting amazing shots. The focus is awsome, cant wait to test it out in day light.

Luke, very generous offer, but I couldnt accept. Thanks so much though, very very kind of you :eek:

I dont know if I can wait till up to November for a new camera...ill go down today and have a look at some.

Luke, those photos are awsome, were they taken with the kit lense?

Sadly no. They were taken with my new 70-200 f/2.8L IS USM which cost a kidney and one of my kids is currently on ebay for $100 to go towards paying for it.

I have to say that I am very proud of the pics as until 10 days ago I had not even held an SLR.

congratulations on your Nikon purchase I am sure you will not be dissapointed!

Edited by Luke GSP

Hi Folks ive been reading htis thread for a few days now - we just bought a canon 450D which arrived on monday :)

weve been reading and reading and trying to learn all the buttons! hopefully i should be able to work out enough to be able to get some ok shots at the w/e of the aggression workshop - luckily we got a 55-250 IS too so hopefully i wont have to get too close to get the shots!

... I got a Nikon D80 today and i LOVE it. .../

Congrats and good choice. We love ours too, not that I don't still want the D90 as soon as - but the D80 will be kept on.

Which kit lens did it come with? What memory card/s did you get? The blossom and pup are lovely, I did blossoms today but card is still in camera, bin bizzy.

When decyphering the small print in the manual becomes a pain, there is a very good D80 guide by David D. Busch, around $25-30, worth every cent.

Question. Is there a huge difference in the Nikon D300 - D200 - D80? I see f/stops and pixels. But if I am only wanting to potter around with photography would I (amateur) notice a difference in a D300 or D80?

Plus would it be a stupid idea to buy a D200 (as I have seen some cheap ones due to last years model I guess)?

Yes there is a huge difference, especially in the way they handle high ISO work.

If you are just starting out or are a medium user, I'd save the money and buy the D80 or D90 and get the best glass you can ... spend more on glass is usually a wise choice.

The D300 is a great camera. The new D3 is Nikon's best hands down for handling high ISO work but it's pretty pricey. the D90 is rumored to be much better than the D80 in this area so if you think low light, high ISO shooting is really a priority for you then you might want to wait.

Of course, if you have the cash, the D3 is a sweet option.

The D200 remains an excellent camera so if you can find a good deal this would also be an awesome way to jump in.

Note also that the D300/200 and D3 are bigger and bulkier than the D80/90...for me, that's actually a consideration when I buy a new rig - especially since I know I'm going to whap huge lenses on it and I do like to handhold. A bigger, bulkier body just doesn't work as well for me day in and day out so I'm willing to compromise on any features one might have. Happily, I didn't have to compromise too much with my Canon 40D choice!

www.dpreview.com is an awesome resource to compare cameras side by side and to read reviews (pretty indepth reviews usually).

Edited by kja

I'd get a D300 Roc, they sound great for the money :thumbsup: Im sorry, i cant tell you the difference.... I went from a 100 to a D3 :D

Is the 100 a film camera? :hug: The D3 would be awesome though.

Yes there is a huge difference, especially in the way they handle high ISO work.

If you are just starting out or are a medium user, I'd save the money and buy the D80 or D90 and get the best glass you can ... spend more on glass is usually a wise choice.

Thanks Kja.

Do you mean a good lens with a good piece of glass? I have the Nikkor AF-S 24-70 f2.8 to start me off. I put all my money into that first instead of a body...... working backwards I know. :)

The reason why I love my little D40x is because it is super small and light and it's been great to learn with. But once my lens is on even that gets heavy so I wouldn't want something were I needed a Inca trail porter to help me carry.

I do like the D3 but way out of my price bracket as I want more good lenses first. :)

I thought the D200 seemed like a good camera to start on being $$$$ cheaper then the new D300. But I might wait and look at the D90 for pure size and weight.