Rest In Peace Texy

Staffyluv

My sisters Sharpei was shot on Friday - we are still coming to terms with the loss of one of the most beautiful natured dogs I have ever know.

My sisters OH is one of those 'I can't get him desexed' guys and unfortunately Tex has paid the highest price for his owners negligence.

There was a border collie bitch across the highway on a farm and he went calling - the farmer shot him. (I am not knocking the farmer at all, it was his land and his bitch on heat).

Sisters OH chased after Tex trying to call him back, heard the shot and then saw the farmer dragging Tex toward the gate of his property - he turned and just walked home. He went back later to get his body and leave the farmer a note, saying sorry about him getting onto his property but if you had only known him, you would not have shot him, he was such a gentle boy.

He did not even kill the mice he caught in the shed, he would carry them in his mouth, so gently into the garden.

I am going to miss the big baby trying to sit on my lap every time I go to visit so much.

So very sad you are gone lovely boy.

post-1950-1220747674_thumb.jpg

post-1950-1220747692_thumb.jpg

That is so sad staffyluv, so tragic for the dog - and even more so because as you say, it could have been prevented.

I know accidents happen and dogs do get out, but sounds like this one could been avoided.

I'm sad that it's a dog you know & love too.

fifi

Sisters OH chased after Tex trying to call him back, heard the shot and then saw the farmer dragging Tex toward the gate of his property - he turned and just walked home.

How could he do that - was he is shock?

Such a sad situation......

RIP Tex. I hope you went quickly. :laugh:

Sisters OH chased after Tex trying to call him back, heard the shot and then saw the farmer dragging Tex toward the gate of his property - he turned and just walked home.

How could he do that - was he is shock?

Such a sad situation......

RIP Tex. I hope you went quickly. :laugh:

Heart broken and in shock I would imagine - he did go back to get him later and left a note for the farmer apologising for not getting to him in time before he went on the land and saying that if he had known him, he doubts he would have shot him.

It is just tragic and a seriously sad lesson to learn and has heart broken as I am over him too - the farmer had every right to do what he did.

Tex paid for his owners negligence - I just hope to God that this story saves one more dog from being in this situation.

Jodie

RIP Tex :laugh: Poor baby, you didn't deserve to go that way. How terrible.

Sorry for your loss.

Even though the farmer did what he felt he had to do, it doesn't make the loss of Tex any less heartbreaking.

Edited by baifra

So sorry to read this, please give your Sister my sympathy

I hope Tex has taught some a lesson, horrible way to learn and the dog paid the highest price of all

I hope he did not feel any pain

I have read your posts on Tex before and been happy that the mix worked well

RIP sweet boy

I keep coming in here to see his pics and thank everyone for the condolences and I cry every time. My sisters dogs are like my own, I love them so much - the only time they are allowed on the lounges is when I am at her house (because I sneak them on and under the blanket with me).

He was such a beautiful dog and his death was so avoidable, if only he had been desexed he would never have been interested in the ladies.

Thanks again for the condolences, I have passed them on.

• 2 weeks later...