Hand Held Hair Dryer Recommendations

Luke W

Hi All

Any recommendations for a hand held hair dryer to dry my cocker spaniel with?

Something that blows out a HUGE amount of air I suppose.

Brands models?

If you can't recommend a hand held one - what what you recommend (I'm not a groomer, so only need to use it when I bath my dog)?

Thanks

Hi All

Brands models?

If you can't recommend a hand held one - what what you recommend (I'm not a groomer, so only need to use it when I bath my dog)?

Thanks

Why not just use the hair dryer we use on our own hair. I used one for years.

Hi All

Brands models?

Thanks

Why not just use the hair dryer we use on our own hair. I used one for years.

Seems to take a long time.

Hi All

Brands models?

Thanks

Before I got my fored air dryer, I just used m hair dryer. I would say just go into some shops and look for the stronger 1s and the other thing ot keep in mind is a cool setting as hair dryers can get too warm. Mine has a little button I could push to change it to cool but I had to hold it down constantly which was a nuisance but did the job when the dryer started to get too hot. I think mine is a Schwartzkopf.

I'm looking at getting a forced air dryer too - hair dryers don't work on Zero.

A forced air drier literally uses a stream of air to blow the water off the coat whereas a hair dryer uses a smaller amount of air and heat to do it. Because dogs hair doesn't move around as much as ours does when we dry it with a hair drier and because it's thicker than ours, hair driers don't work as well which is why it's taking so long.

If you don't want to spend a lot of money, try ebay (or clipperworld - they'll sell you quality rather than something cheap, even if it costs a little more).

okay i have top notch stand dryers & a super human hand held.I can dry the same dog in the same time with both the only difference is the dog ones are easier to hold,work with & i have more options with there use.

Should add my hand held cost about $180 & is one when used fully for over 2 hrs

Edited by settrlvr

okay i have top notch stand dryers & a super human hand held.I can dry the same dog in the same time with both the only difference is the dog ones are easier to hold,work with & i have more options with there use.

Which Super Human model?

I'm looking at the dryers on CLipperworld here: http://www.clipperworld.com.au/shop/index....Cat&catId=6

Do you know if the SD1000 mentioned can be used hands free?

Edited by Luke W

My hand helds are Parlux brands 3200 or 3500(just released) .

The canister dryers are fine for drying.For long coats though i do prefer to have a hose & not hands free

I suppose you'd say a cocker in a show clip would be a long coat?

I'm thinking now that hands free would be better so I could brush the coat at the same time I dry it...Correct?

I dont like stand dryers alone.

For me it must have a a hose attachment so i can blow to all areas plus brush.

The stands can be fine aslong as you either train the dog to lay down so you can dry the underneath .

The cannister/cyclinder ones are on the clipperworld site(oldfield) .

If your currently using a hand held just think how you use it & how close you get to certain areas(underbellyetc) & then determine which dryer would suit what your after .

For my setters i use the liberty stand dryer with hose.

We also have an oldfield stand & super cannister one which i dont use on the setters as i find them to powerful & the blow the coat too much & dries it to quickly BUT they are super for sibes, goldies ,labs etc etc.

I want power but not too much.if its to powerful it swirls the coat around to much & causes all sorts of issues so its a case of the right dryer with the right pwoer for what breeds one has.In my view anyway

Dog dryers are quite expensive. If you want a "people" dryer, see if you can try them in the shop. I have a Tiffany which puts out a lot of air, gets quite hot, and was as cheap as chips, and it dries the cockers in a reasonable time. I have another, more expensive people dryer which doesn't work all that well on the dogs. Otherwise, if you are going for a cheap one, and can't try it, take it home, and if it isn't good enough, return it.

My dogs don't like the sound of the human hair dryer, so I bought a 2nd hand Laser Lites dog dryer (table stand model). It's fabulous, it's about 15 inches tall so I can sit it on the floor then swivel the head to direct the airflow where I want it to go, which leaves both hands free to control and brush the dog. It's not a force dryer but it dries them very fast and gets way down into the roots of the undercoat, which the human one doesn't do.

Check out the DOL classifieds, there are often second hand dog dryers for sale there.

Which Super Human model?

I'm looking at the dryers on CLipperworld here: http://www.clipperworld.com.au/shop/index....Cat&catId=6

Do you know if the SD1000 mentioned can be used hands free?

You can buy something like a groomer's arm thing to hold the SD1000. I think Clipperworld have them.