Corn On The Cob?

huski

I sometimes give Bonnie bits of corn...she seems to really like it, but it goes right through them (in one piece)...the evidence is visible the next day :thumbsup:

Edited to add: def no actual cobs though, just corn kernels!

Edited by Miss Helena

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :thumbsup:

not the cobs :laugh:

I have seen a few dogs with blockages caused by indigestible corn cobs :cool:

Have also seen a couple of favourite labs years ago- deliberately fed them,by a sick person, and then die from resulting obstruction/infection :thumbsup:

My computer won't let me put up the link for some reason but if you do a seach in general for corn cobs there was a topic from last Feb. titled 'Help. Ate a corn cob'. I used to let my guys chew them but after reading that thread I decided not to take the risk.

I wouldn't, corn / maize comes out as it goes in. Chuck cobs in a sealed bin, they are dangerous.

Just because dogs can eat corn doesn't mean they should, they are not Chooks. :thumbsup:

Edited by Ashka

Cats sure love it , get a load of this one http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=ljMODw-fXaI :thumbsup:

That's cute. I don't let my cat eat corn as she is small, and I didn't let the Hamster eat it either (she was < 2kg). I suspect that a couple of pieces of corn stuck together could cause obstruction in a small bowel so I don't risk it. My labs eat it a few times a week (cobs are well hidden though as Boney steals them out of the bin).

I can't be bothered pureeing it but that would be the only form in which I would feed it to a small animal.

Edited by blacklabrador

my dog loves eating corn on the cob as a treat - i'll hold the cob and he munches on the corn whilst i rotate it :cheer: . never any of the actual cob though.

he's gotten pretty good and polishes all the corn off neater than i can when i eat corn cobs :thumbsup:

Edited by tiramia

all the animals have eaten corn. our cats used to get the corn cobs when we were finished and pick all the bits out for hours. One is no 19 the other 16 still going no worries. The old GSD lived till 14 and loved corn cobs which we took away when she at all the kernels.

I know someone that gives their dog cooked bones everyday and always has done with previous dogs who all lived to a very old age. The dog also regularly gets other no nos such as onion plus has free access to the compost bin. No way would I allow my dogs to eat cooked bones or anything I have learnt to be a danger (as in something that has been known to cause problems in many dogs) but for some reason I am the mug with all the vet bills. :thumbsup: