Elspan Barkly Blue

Luke W

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These shots are fantastic Luke. I hope one day I'll get some of this brillant whimsical and display quality shots of my girl. Think I'll have employ Dad though, he's the photo hound in the family, not me.

That shot of him on the chair at the table, it seriously looks like he's got one eyebrow cocked. :)

• 3 weeks later...
I guess when you find out what works for you, you roll with it :thumbsup:

How much PP did you do on that shot? I'm always fascinated with how much work you put into your work. I'm so lazy - I just open in lightroom and have a play around!

In the RAW processor (the equivalent of Lightroom) - White balance change, some minor changes to exposure, recovery, fill light, blacks, brightness and contrast.

In Photoshop, I added a soft focus layer to add extra saturation and a 'glow' to the shot. I then masked his face from the soft focus effect.

Not must post processing at all really. But a little can really give it an extra punch (for my taste anyway).

You do wonderful photos, Luke. You can probably do pet photography on the sideline - they're of amazing quality! I believe Barkly has sparked a love for Blue Roan Spaniels I never knew I had, and I'm certain you've inspired lots of DOL-ers to put in more time with Photoshop and Lightroom!