Douge De Bordeaux Bunny Hops When She Runs

sabertooth

Most Petstock stores sell Eagle Pack as well as plenty of other pet supply chains. I cannot speak for Royal Canin as I am not too sure of the contents of the food. I just know that the Eagle Pack large/giant puppy formula is designed for slow growth of large breed puppies and has fixed puppies with growth malformations. Having said that however, have you confirmed that your pup DOES have a malformation?

she has had x-rays of her hips and all is good. so no growth malformations.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have used the eagle pack giant & whilst good my dog had chronic runs on it & had to be switch to another

Settrlvr, my dog was on Advance and he suffered copraphagia, dull/flakey coat and bad breath. A reaction to the food is one thing, what the food contains and the calculation of nutrients it provides is another.

Truth be known, young puppies could be best fed on pig pellets, but this would be a topic of much debate and/or argument from accross the board.

Edited by Kelpie-i

where do i find eagle pack?

or what about royal canin puppy for large breed?

:thumbsup:

I raised my Saint pup mainly on Royal Canin Giant and he looks excellent. Now he gets mainly a raw diet, but RC is in my opinion a fine kibble if you want to feed that. I'm a fan of Eagle Pack too.

I have used the eagle pack giant & whilst good my dog had chronic runs on it & had to be switch to another

Settrlvr, my dog was on Advance and he suffered copraphagia, dull/flakey coat and bad breath. A reaction to the food is one thing, what the food contains and the calculation of nutrients it provides is another.

Truth be known, young puppies could be best fed on pig pellets, but this would be a topic of much debate and/or argument from accross the board.

I now that after 24 years as breeder im fully aware just pointing out whislt it is good it like many products doesnt agree with every dog.

No food is worth it if the dog has the squirts constantly & gains no benefit from the product

did you see a vet chiro or just go for xrays?

asking because whilst xrays can show no HD they will not show a pinched nerve or a back being out.

i did just get x-rays, but she is also running better 1/2 the time. maybe it was just her running very clumsy, but i will still be watching her closely.

where do i find eagle pack?

or what about royal canin puppy for large breed?

:)

I raised my Saint pup mainly on Royal Canin Giant and he looks excellent. Now he gets mainly a raw diet, but RC is in my opinion a fine kibble if you want to feed that. I'm a fan of Eagle Pack too.

i did go and buy royal canin giant puppy today as i could not find eagle pack, so i wil see how she goes on this while i look for eagle pack. :laugh:

I use Pro Plan large breed puppy first then Adult for my DDB

I've found quite a few dogs allergic to the grains in pro plan, especially dogues. I cant even consider it otherwise I would have two bald dogs and folliculitis covered DDB in no time

Funny that no one has mentioned having pup's patellas checked? Bunny hopping in many dogs can be related to a patella that pops in and out.

I was thinking this also. We had someone showing one of our puppies, she rang and said puppy was skipping and she thought it was patellas. We got him checked out and it wasn't patellas, he had 3 broken ribs and was skipping because when he extends it pulls on the ribs and cause's pain. How he got broken ribs is still unknown :eek: He runs normally most times but then throws in a skip now and then and sometimes he skips all the time.