Kibble/dry Food That Premium Or Better

chuckie500

I don't mean to be scary but I am concerned about Orijen lately (in view of the poor cats) and the melamine issues from China last year. I used EP Fish formula then Orijen for about 40% of thier diet , but now am concerned. Some were sayig all foods into Australia get irradiated. Does include Ziwipeak from NZ?

Who has some suggestions of good premium food that is not irratiated, that has no corn or wheat, and i

has good safe & realiable supply chains so you can be sure that ALL the ingredients are good quality?

Thanks

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got a reply on the Ziwipeak :laugh:
Hello Fady

Thank you for your enquiry. I can assure you that no ZiwiPeak product is irradiated. Our dry range is simply air dried under low temperature until the moisture is low enough that micro-organisms do not grow and our canned range is retorted, which means cooked under pressure and low temperature.

ZiwiPeak is the natural petfood and we would never compromise it in anyway. I hope this alleviates your concern.

Kind regards

Geoff

Now my only problem is the price. :rolleyes:

Fady already emailed Ziwipeak - see response!

http://www.artemispetfood.com.au/

Artemis Pet Foods would like assure all our current and future customers that NONE of our products undergo any Gamma Irradiation Treatment whatsoever.

This is the Aussie website for this food!

http://www.artemispetfood.com.au/dog_23.htm About product - exert below.

Fresh Mix Maximal Dog GRAIN FREE

High Protein, low carb, GRAIN FREE diet. Maximal was created to ensure a balanced diet for those who have chosen the raw food option for their pet. A single source protein (chicken) eliminates possible allergy caused by multiple protein source.

No Grains no beet pulp.

Product Information

Chicken Meal, Potatoes,Chicken Fat (Preserved with Mixed Tocopherols),Chicken, Natural Chicken Flavor, Tomato Pomace, Choline Chloride, Dried Chicory Root, Kelp, Carrots, Peas, Apples, Tomatoes, Blueberries, Spinach, Dried Skim Milk, Cranberry Powder, Rosemary Extract, Parsley Flake, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Green Tea Extract, Barley Grass Extract, L-Carnitine, Enterococcus Faecieum, Lactobacillus Casei, Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Saccharomyces Cerevesiae Fermentation Solubles, Dried Aspergillus Oryzae Fermentation Extract, Vitamin E Supplement, Iron Proteinate, Zinc Protinate, Copper Proteinate, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Copper Sulfate,Potassium Iodide, Thiamine Mononitrate, Manganese Proteinate, Manganous Oxide, Ascorbic Acid, Vitamin A Supplement, Biotin, Calcium Pantothenate, Manganese Sulfate, Sodium Selenite, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (vitamin B6), Vitamin B12 Supplement, Riboflavin, Vitamin D Supplement, Folic Acid.

What country is Artemis from?

USA

USA product where the manufacturing facility/ies are approved by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA), and registered as approved for export to Australia

That would explain why.

Edited by poocow

Thaanks all for your comments.

Jessca, I think from your reply EP isn't irradiated , and i'm personally favouring going back to them.

I looked Ziwipeak today in the store, but the minimum amount you can buy is 5kg which is a big bag of it. i wish you could buy a little bag to sample. it looks good and the ingredients look excellent.

I use barf patties for about 40% of their meals as it is.

Thaanks all for your comments.

Jessca, I think from your reply EP isn't irradiated , and i'm personally favouring going back to them.

I looked Ziwipeak today in the store, but the minimum amount you can buy is 5kg which is a big bag of it. i wish you could buy a little bag to sample. it looks good and the ingredients look excellent.

I use barf patties for about 40% of their meals as it is.

I use Ziwipeak for treats rather than for meals. It's great for treats. I can get my dog off a bone by asking him if he wants some Ziwipeak.

I am thinking of trying Eagle Pack as our girl isn't particularly interested in Orijen anyway, but it seems to include a lot of grains - what do others think?

The EP Holistic Select is your best bet. I use the fish one and from memory it only has rice in it - no pesky wheat or corn...

I am thinking of trying Eagle Pack as our girl isn't particularly interested in Orijen anyway, but it seems to include a lot of grains - what do others think?

The EP Holistic Select is your best bet. I use the fish one and from memory it only has rice in it - no pesky wheat or corn...

Thanks for that, now I'm trying to decide between EP and Artemis - the decisions are never ending :scared:

Have a look at the holistic range - especially the sardine anchovy one

My 11 year old whippet has been on Orijen and she has never looked better. I 'm so frustrated at having to find another food, but i have no choice as Orijen are pulling out of Australia.

I think we might try Artemis.

I'm taking my Orijen back tomorrow for a refund.