Kibble/dry Food That Premium Or Better

chuckie500

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a small 1kg bag of ziwipeak for the dog, and a 500g bag for the cat. They couldn't find prices or anything for the bigger bags.

$132 for 5kg in my local pet supply shop... I've seen it cheaper online.

I bought 1kg the other day to see what it looks like and what the actual feeding guidelines are. All I could find online was that 1kg would last some smallish dog for 7 days.

The pack says 1kg will feed a 45kg dog for .... wait for it..... 2 days...

$28.10 div by 2 ...

Every dog will react differently to different foods. My dogs faecal matter has not changed since being on orijen.

My guess would be that it just doesn't agree with Henschke.

I agree. We will keep him on it until we buy something else - might just get the small bags first and monitor his 'movements' for a month before deciding to buy large bags.

I'm thinking about holistic eagle pack. Have you tried it?

Grumpy is on Eagle Pack Holistic Salmon and Anchovy as his breakfast food. Mini gets that, too, atm, for brekkie and dinner (until I get her Bonnie Complete again). Both have a Ziwipeak Venison and Green Lipped Mussel garnish on top.

i got a bag of the Great Barko today, im going to try a 50/50 mix with the Eagle Pack Holistics.

what i did is i put a small hand full if the GB in a bowl, a small handfull of the EP and a small hand full of another 'supermarket brand" in a third bowl. all three of the dogs chose the GB first EP second and the shity brand last. this may have been cause the GB is new and different to them. but i tell you it looks like crap compared to the EP, but the dogs seem to really like it, it has a smell to it where as the EP doesn't really.

i'll see how they go on a 50/50 mix for a couple of weeks, and if it doesn't work out to well, back to 100% EP. cause they are both doing quite well on it.

i found the same EP i bought last week, for double what i payed (i payed 36 for 7.5kg i found it today for 80). Pets at Home is sooo dear compared to Petstock. and lysterfield produce can be even cheaper, the GB was 27 for 22kg, thats so cheap.

I'm going back to Eaglepack Fish.

I got this reply from them. I asked them to put it on their website. I'd prefer something with less grain & no beet pulp, but at least there is no irradiation, no wheat, no corn, and they were never affected by the melamine issue in the USA last year.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for your enquiry and I am happy to inform you that Eagle Pack Pet food is not Irradiated upon entry to Australia. Please see below statement for further information.

We are currently in the process of getting this information on our website.

In the last couple of days an article has appeared in the Sydney Morning Herald highlighting a series of ‘illness and deaths’ amongst Sydney cats linked to Orijen pet foods. Be assured that, Eagle Pack, as an importer of high quality pet food uses human grade ingredients only in our food and does not apply any un-natural chemical preservatives in the presentation of our food. We would also like to assure our customers that whilst Eagle Pack is produced in the USA we are not linked to Champion Pet Foods (producing Orijen Pet Foods).

There was also mention in this article about the use of irradiation treatment on pet foods. We are responsible to AQIS to fulfil many stringent obligations before we can bring food into this country. Once again Eagle Pack would like to assure our valued customers that our Super Premium and Holistic Select Pet Foods do not require any irradiation treatment to be sold in Australia. Eagle Pack Pet Foods are made with the finest quality ingredients backed by world renowned quality assurance procedures and processes.

As our front desk to the marketplace, know you are supported by our company if you have any enquiries regarding these recent events. Please feel free to contact us either via our customer service email address [email protected] or call Jennifer Knowles on 1300 8 EAGLE.

Phoebe Barnett

Customer Champion

Eagle Pack Petfood Pty Ltd

Unit 1/ 320 Lorimer street

Port Melbourne Vic 3207

Telephone: 1300 8 Eagle

Email: [email protected]

~

In the last couple of days an article has appeared in the Sydney Morning Herald highlighting a series of ‘illness and deaths’ amongst Sydney cats linked to Orijen pet foods. Be assured that, Eagle Pack, as an importer of high quality pet food uses human grade ingredients only in our food and does not apply any un-natural chemical preservatives in the presentation of our food. We would also like to assure our customers that whilst Eagle Pack is produced in the USA we are not linked to Champion Pet Foods (producing Orijen Pet Foods).

There was also mention in this article about the use of irradiation treatment on pet foods. We are responsible to AQIS to fulfil many stringent obligations before we can bring food into this country. Once again Eagle Pack would like to assure our valued customers that our Super Premium and Holistic Select Pet Foods do not require any irradiation treatment to be sold in Australia. Eagle Pack Pet Foods are made with the finest quality ingredients backed by world renowned quality assurance procedures and processes.

~

Phoebe Barnett

Customer Champion

Eagle Pack Petfood Pty Ltd

'Customer Champion' is her official title? Should be 'Sales Manager'. Sneaky sod infers the problem with Orijen was due to the ingredients, by pointing out that Eagle Pack uses 'human grade' and no 'un-natural chemicals - thereby that inferring Orijen does. The main issue, the irradiation, is relegated to just an 'also..' in the next paragraph. She should be a politician.

So many of these threads going now, that I don't know were to post stuff!!!

Ingredients for Phuds is:

psyllium husk - polenta - oat - barley - rosehip -

dandelion root - coconut - dolomite - buckseed - seaweed - flaxseed meal

lentils - vegetables

You soak it in hot water for about 5 mins, then add mince. Dogs love it. 5kg is $39.95 and that lasts ages. I was using 1 cup (dry) between 2 dogs.

So many of these threads going now, that I don't know were to post stuff!!!

Ingredients for Phuds is:

psyllium husk - polenta - oat - barley - rosehip -

dandelion root - coconut - dolomite - buckseed - seaweed - flaxseed meal

lentils - vegetables

You soak it in hot water for about 5 mins, then add mince. Dogs love it. 5kg is $39.95 and that lasts ages. I was using 1 cup (dry) between 2 dogs.

Is that similar to the Vets all natural?