Rally Obedience

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When do you think you'll have an available itinerary? How will we book and pay for ourselves in if we're not associated with the particular club holding the seminar? Sorry - I'm forward thinking and trying to plan around my unplannable life!

Sighthounds...yes....can be done....have a Borzoi that I've worked with....ok, well more her mother!

Schedule....can you email me privately [email protected] and I can fill you in on what is confirmed. Notmuch is totally set in stone yet....I"m still working on it and should have firm commitments within the next two weeks but can give you an idea on the pretty close times that have been requested from various clubs/locations.

Hoping that there is lots of time to allow for such planning, and doing my best to ensure that.

According to Angelsun the weekend of 30/31 May will work better for Sutherland. I am checking but think this will be OK from our end. Just have to get permission for the ground use on the Sunday, but this shouldn't be a problem. We have a reasonable size clubhouse and lots of chairs!

This will be open to anyone who wants to come, not just Sutherland club members, so if you are interested could you please let me know so that I will have some idea of numbers. Haven't got a final costing yet but think it will be something like $50 per person, which is amazingly good value. Will confirm this later as soon as I know.

As I understand the format Saturday will be a "learning day", not practical, and Sunday will be an "on course" experience with your dogs.

So keep this weekend free, it promises to be really special.

Noels.

Great!

OK...confirmed dates so far....

Hobart: May 23-24th (note that this was originally to be done in March but have had to make some changes)

Geelong: April 25-26th

Gympie: May 9-10th

Sutherland: May 30-31

Working something out hopefully with Albury

Available dates available at this point and not confirmed by anyone

Easter Weekend

May 16-17

March 28th-29th

Haven't started booking anything in June yet.

(Edited to make some changes in dates)

Edited by angelsun

Working on it....am in talks at the moment and it's looking fairly promising. no date even tentatively booked as yet but I suspect in the next couple of weeks that should be nailed down if the club there approves.

Thats great, are you going to have it at the Albury and Border Kennel Club?

Not sure of the location or site in Albury, still working on things..will post when I hear.

As for Brisbane...the only thing will be up in Gympie so far, so if there is interest, will have to get a group together and try to make it work.

There seems to be a lot of interest in the Sutherland venue - if you are thinking of joining us could you please let me know, just so I will have some idea of the number of people attending.

Saturday 30 May will be theory in the clubhouse and Sunday 31 May will be practical with your dogs on the oval. Fee will be nominal (very good value) but you will have to bring your own food or go into Sutherland to buy your lunch.

I will put up details when they are confirmed.

Noels.

Date just confirmed for HOBART for May 23rd-24th

I will be posting contact information for those not members of the organizing clubs or groups so that anyone interested in attending can get in touch with someone in the 'know'.

Still working on something for Albury and/or Myrtleford areas. With the current fire situation, that has been put on hold for a bit obviously.

• 2 weeks later...
According to Angelsun the weekend of 30/31 May will work better for Sutherland. I am checking but think this will be OK from our end. Just have to get permission for the ground use on the Sunday, but this shouldn't be a problem. We have a reasonable size clubhouse and lots of chairs!

This will be open to anyone who wants to come, not just Sutherland club members, so if you are interested could you please let me know so that I will have some idea of numbers. Haven't got a final costing yet but think it will be something like $50 per person, which is amazingly good value. Will confirm this later as soon as I know.

As I understand the format Saturday will be a "learning day", not practical, and Sunday will be an "on course" experience with your dogs.

So keep this weekend free, it promises to be really special.

Noels.

:laugh: Count me in :D

Dates currently available but under consideration:

March 28-29

April 25-26

These are weekend dates, however, should there be interest to hold the same thing through the week....we can certainly work on that. I'm hesitant to work only on the evenings as it really can take a lot longer to do this in 3 hour sessions compared to a full day thing, so not my first choice of things.

Hi

BDAG, Geelong, Vic would be interested in the weekend of 25-26 April. March 28-29 is the BDAG Flyballl Competition

(Bellarine Dog Activities Group)

I commence my Rally-O classes on Thursday. Have sort of set out the class structure as far as getting the members to learn the Rally-O signs and learn how to do the exercises.

Have you any suggestions for me that you feel should be added to the class structure?

Looking forward to the workshop

Wendy

BDAG Rally-O contact

Just wondering if the date is definitely set for us Melbourne people????

Wendy have you started Rally O already???

Hi Wolfgirl

I just know that BDAG's date of 25 & 26th April are a definate.

I've been running the Rally-O classes for 5 weeks now and I'm thrilled with the results the handlers are getting from their dogs.

The dogs enjoy it. They and the handlers are starting to work as a team.

My class members are all into setting out the courses (we now know why the signs are numbered, we had two courses side by side last week and it was a horrible mix up) as well as packing the signs away. that in it self is so helpful especially when I have a class following immediately after.

The girls and the guy are now understanding what they are to do coming up to a sign eg., turns, understanding that the Halt means a Sit and sometimes it doesn't.

The Step 1, Step 2 and Step 3 got them all completly bamboozled after I have been reminding them to lead off wtih the left foot and finish on the left foot.

But we are all having fun and the group want to continue next term.

Wendy

Dates currently available but under consideration:

March 28-29

April 25-26

These are weekend dates, however, should there be interest to hold the same thing through the week....we can certainly work on that. I'm hesitant to work only on the evenings as it really can take a lot longer to do this in 3 hour sessions compared to a full day thing, so not my first choice of things.

Hi

BDAG, Geelong, Vic would be interested in the weekend of 25-26 April. March 28-29 is the BDAG Flyballl Competition

(Bellarine Dog Activities Group)

I commence my Rally-O classes on Thursday. Have sort of set out the class structure as far as getting the members to learn the Rally-O signs and learn how to do the exercises.

Have you any suggestions for me that you feel should be added to the class structure?

Looking forward to the workshop

Wendy

BDAG Rally-O contact

Just wondering if the date is definitely set for us Melbourne people????

Wendy have you started Rally O already???