Looking For A Really Caring And Thorough Vet In Sa

Hi guys :laugh:

We are looking to find another vet to treat our pets.

Ours are ok, but they seem to be losing the passion in treating our pets, and with others that we have observed IMO

They are handy for us, location wise, especially in an emergency but..... we still would like to find another one..

Would prefer one within Adelaide Hills, but would come down towards the city areas, if one was very highly recommended..

We are looking for a vet that is very caring, very thorough and knows what they are doing, doesn't push yearly vaccinations onto you if not needed ...and not too overly expensive (well more than they have to be IYWIM), and preferably has payment options available in some circumstances.

Thanks ! :cool:

Edited by JulesLuvsCavs

Hi Jules :laugh:

Derek Mc Nair at the Parade Norwood Veterinary Clinic - can't recommend him highly enough and worth the travel in my opinion - 8363 5323. And he's reasonably priced.

Closer to you I've heard of a very good vet at Littlehampton - Catherine Motter - 8398 3988 - friends of mine swear by her - but I haven't used her myself.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Westiemum

Edited by westiemum

Hi guys :cool:

We are looking to find another vet to treat our pets.

Ours

I love my vet in Gawler but I would say that is too far for you. Can't help with anything closer, sorry.

Thank you piper :rofl:

Yes Gawler might be a bit too far for us .. :laugh:

When I lived in Gawler many years ago, I had a good one ! :(

Derek Mc Nair at the Parade Norwood Veterinary Clinic - can't recommend him highly enough and worth the travel in my opinion - 8363 5323. And he's reasonably priced.

Closer to you I've heard of a very good vet at Littlehampton - Catherine Motter - 8398 3988 - friends of mine swear by her - but I haven't used her myself.

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Westiemum

Hi westimum hello3.gif

Thankyou for those recommendations, especially coming from you !!! (as I know how much you love your 2 and would only want the best for them!) :cool:

I might look into the LittleHampton one first ..

Hope you and your gorgeous furbabies are all well?

slider_thankyou.gif

Edited by JulesLuvsCavs

OOOO Yep! I do adore my two... spoilt as they are!

Yes thanks Jules we're all well - sorry I didn't make last Sunday - just far too much on at the moment.

But I hope we can catch up in the new year. Good luck with the vet search.

Have a blessed Christmas.

Cheers,

Westiemum and the westies :cool:

Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Westiemum

Hi westimum hello3.gif

Thankyou for those recommendations, especially coming from you !!! (as I know how much you love your 2 and would only want the best for them!) :rofl:

I might look into the LittleHampton one first ..

Hope you and your gorgeous furbabies are all well?

slider_thankyou.gif

I had a very good vet - Dr Douglas Wilson at 'the Holistic Vet'. They have since closed and now offer 'holistic services' once a month instead. :| I will go see them in the new year and see how different it is... Dr Wilson isn't there anymore and I really did like him. :laugh:

I have used The Southern Animal Hospital in emergencies but have really liked the staff there when I have.

I have heard good things about:

The Brighton Vet (Brighton Rd, Brighton)

Colonel Light Veterinary Clinic. (59 Springbank Road COLONEL LIGHT GARDENS)

Though I haven't personally been to either.

I have heard good things about:

Colonel Light Veterinary Clinic. (59 Springbank Road COLONEL LIGHT GARDENS)

Excellent Vet Clinic have been taking my dogs there for twenty years now and Dr Cole is a legend, Bless him. :)

He is a true animal lover. All staff at the Clinic are great. :(

Hi, I reckon I have the two best vets in Adelaide, husband wife team, just adore every animal that go to their clinic, very gentle loving and kind to both pet and human and the girls they have working for them have certainly been hand picked for their caring as well.

The clinic is at Aberfoyle Park Hub shopping centre, the clinic is named Hub Veterinary clinic and the phone number is 8370 5155, if it is a big procedure they will organise a payment regime, but do expect to be paid on the day if it is for a health check etc., also they do not push for yearly vaccinations, they send you a reminder when it is due but if you do not want to go ahead with boosters they do not pester you.

I have been going to them since they set up their clinic nearly ten years ago and with almost 40 years in the pedigree dog world I must say that they are definitely the very best thorough vets I have ever encountered. :(:)

Hi, I reckon I have the two best vets in Adelaide, husband wife team, just adore every animal that go to their clinic, very gentle loving and kind to both pet and human and the girls they have working for them have certainly been hand picked for their caring as well.

The clinic is at Aberfoyle Park Hub shopping centre, the clinic is named Hub Veterinary clinic and the phone number is 8370 5155, if it is a big procedure they will organise a payment regime, but do expect to be paid on the day if it is for a health check etc., also they do not push for yearly vaccinations, they send you a reminder when it is due but if you do not want to go ahead with boosters they do not pester you.

I have been going to them since they set up their clinic nearly ten years ago and with almost 40 years in the pedigree dog world I must say that they are definitely the very best thorough vets I have ever encountered. :) :D

Thanks Mjosa, I'm in Woodcroft and was wondering where to take Ringo, Abefoyle park is not too far. :(

(Thanks JLC, for the topic. :p )

Rob (can't think of surname) at Gawler, the practice on the next corner from the railway line.

Great bunch.

fifi

Riverside vet clinic :( Auricht (I think that is how you spell the last name) It is there or Gawler South Small Animal Hospital (which Rob used to co-own) to see Chris Arnold for me.

Way way way too far for you Jules :) But in case anyone else is interested I would always highly recommend Dr Chris Girling at Noah's Crossing out at Lewiston. He knows his stuff inside-out, ESPECIALLY when it comes to large and giant breed dogs :( A very caring and considerate man who always goes the extra mile for you. I'm very happy with him.

Hey there, my partners das owns and operates a number or vet clinics but the one I would really recommend is Adelaide Animal Hospital on Magill road near the McDonalds the number is 8364 1577, there is about 12 vets that work there so they have a HUGE amount of experience there and the facilties are second to none and they treat every animal there as it it was their own

Hey, haven't we got some great vets all over Adelaide!! North, South, East, west and the Hills for Jules. Great to hear!!

Leema interesting your comments on Southern Animal Hospital on South Road at Morphettvale. I too thought they were good when my Mum's old cat got taken there by the RSPCA (when he was boarding there) - but they charged like wounded bulls - that one really hurt!!

Cheers,

Westiemum :)