50mm 1.4 Or 1.8 Post Your Pics Here!

Kirislin

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Its not a technically great shot but I love it anyway :thumbsup: These boys belong to a friend of mine and are full brothers.

They are sooo handsome. :love: Love the background!

One of my puppies Jersey and Angus hanging out eatin' sticks!

Squishy Bernese! :love: :love:

5498765492_c8eafe2011.jpg

That is such a sweet photo.

wow more amazing photo's, I got my 50 out again for my week 23

brrrrrrrrrrrr it's winter time

Is that Frodo? He's a legend. :laugh:

Playing with my 50mm and my new 430ex sppedlite

:laugh: Mutant kitteh...

Gorgeous photos everyone :thumbsup:

I get so envious of people that can process beautifully.

And I get so envious of your processing abilities :laugh:

I get envious of anyone who can process at all. The most I can manage is to convert from RAW to jpeg and sharpen and colour adjust a bit, oh as well as crop and now straighten. hahahaha I sometimes wonder how my photos would look if I could do all the fancy stuff with them. Still, you need a good photo to start with dont you. I need to concentrate on acheiving that I suppose.

Its here!!!!!!!! Was scheduled for delivery for Tuesday - but I saw it arrived at Brissie airport this morning - so I called FedEx and asked them if it was possible to deliver it today for me - and its just arrived!!!! I am sooo excited and can't wait to start using it this weekend!!! Off to the Collie show on Sunday so I really wanted it in time for that! I know what I'll be doing all weekend!!!! :)

Watch this space, lets hope its easy to use!! Eeeee excitement!!!

I'm at work, got the lens delivered here so reception can sign for it :) my camera is at home & needs to be charged! I've got hubby on battery charging duty for when he gets home - so then by the time I get home tonight after work I can have a play!!!! :)

Wasn't due to arrive until Tuesday, but luckily for me that found a spot on the truck today for me! :) I knew I should have charged my camera last night... lol

Agreed LML.. get out there right now and use it!!! :)

Ok.. so composition is a bit boring but here's some shots I took this morning of Max with the 1.4 paired with the 7D - I am getting happier and happier everytime I use this camera with this lens!!! These pics are the sharpest I've had yet out of the camera. Happy kid this morning.

5816528029_cefbf4e04d.jpg

Ghetto Wei by Angela Solling, on Flickr

5817095028_ca125aa0d6.jpg

Max in da hood by Angela Solling, on Flickr

ETA one more..

5817114290_8d9ffb59cb.jpg

What Chu Lookn At?! by Angela Solling, on Flickr

Edited by :ange:

So am I meant to be moving while taking the photo - or do they mean because they don't zoom - I have to physically walk up to the subject and 'move' to take the pic!! Apologies if this is a stupid question!

Yes, this bit. Because it's fixed, it wont zoom things in closer, so if you want a close up, you move closer to the subject.

I've been trying to play around with my lens a little bit today. Takes great shots in doors, just amazing. I just can't get the crispness you guys get, and would love some help. I'll go shrink some pics and then upload them. Some have turned out okay, but not all amazing or wow, like yours! :)

when you have the really shallow depth of field you need to focus on the eyes, unless of course you wanted to get the nose. Otherwise increase the f/stop number, the bigger the number, the smaller the hole and the wider depth of field, alternatively the smaller the number, like 1.8 means you get that very shallow depth of field, like where just the collies nose is in focus.

You probably can sharpen your photos on the computer too which will make a difference.

have fun.