No I Did Have An Appointment Booked In For Today

OhMarley

Well friday is my day off however work just called to say some man came him with his dog insisting that he had a grooming appointment today! Well they informed him I dont work fridays and he said "No we have special arrangements and she's coming in to groom just my dog and have him ready by 1" .... sure mate i'm going to come into work for just 1 dog on my only day off!?

Don't you just love the x-mas spirit, people will pull anything at this time of the year! They realise they've left it too late, everywhere is booked out so they think if they just rock up and insist they did have an appointment you'll squeeze them in!

Anyone else have to deal with this?!?!

That and abuse on the phone when you tell people you're booked out on the 24th dec and have been for around 4months... BUT I NEED MY DOG GROOMED BEFORE CHRISTMAS!! One again sorry mate that you've neglected your dog and now the relatives are coming around and will see that...not my problem how about being a responsible pet owner and a little moreo organised!

The closer it gets to xmas the more people just turn up on my grooming days claiming they had appointment, they lie to the nurses but when i come out ha ha! quickly back down with ..oh maybe i did get the dates wrong/ wrong clinic.

And as for the 'man' from today the stupid nurse admitted him and now THEY have to groom him ... ha ha... poor dog after seeing their cat clips the dogs going to look tragic, however thats what you get for lying!

Well that's my vent i'll be glad when xmas is over and people stop acting so crazy... oh wait NEW YEARS is just around the corner :noidea:

This time of year does seem to bring them out!! I've taken the phone off the hook as it gets silly with people last minute wanting favours.

The simple way to go is tell them that it is $200 to have the dog fitted in now - may as well make it worth your while if they are so insistent!

I am just about to leave to take my dog off to get clipped.

I always put it off to late but usually get him done once a year when it starts to get hot. But it has not really been summer weather to push me towards it.

I hope that I got my times right but if I turn up and they say it was the wrong day/time I will just leave.

I've had a few people not turn up and then get upset when I let them know they can't get back in til March :laugh:

Then they say they'll call back then and I try to explain by then I will be booked out too.

Moral of the story is not to miss your appointment :noidea:

As much as clients can sometimes let me down I still feel blessed that as a single Mum I can earn good money and work from home. I'll never take that for granted.

Edited by Clyde

yep the 10 calls a day & then the abuse.

It isnt that hard to make an appointment early & right down in the diary or calendar .

Sadly many people treat our jobs like its slum work & feel what they say goes at this time of the year.

I especially love the but my dog is desperate.Yep it was desperate 2-3 months ago yet that dint worry them.

All our clients where told & pre booked for xmas in July.If they didnt book in then we didnt squeeze in.

We had 38 degress on sunday ,the phone went all day sunday & monday was tragic

It can be such a frustrating job but nothing beats the reaction from the owners when they get a very clean well groomed doggie back + xmas bows :noidea:

I will always do what i can for polite and understanding people, the moment someone is rude then thats it! And i have a very good memory i dont forget rude people readily! So a lesson to all, make appointments around ANY holiday period in advance, write the date down and DO NOT miss your appointment there simply isnt the time or space to reschedule if u miss it!!! And be polite! We're just trying to do a jobs at a very stressful and busy time of the year and abusing us will NOT get u where u want... in fact it'll take u 10 steps back!

Thankfully my phone has settled down the last few days. I dont advertise and any of my usual customers know not to bother calling now!

However 4 dogs turned up 30 minutes late today. grrrrr These people are regulars too and should know better!

Yes I know its Christmas, Yes I know Christmas time is busy for everyone but its Christmas for us too you know!!

Could be worse though. Our hairdressers computer crashed a couple of weeks back and they lost all their appointments!! I can just imagine the abuse they are getting

Edited by Ari

I'm having Zero bathed on sunday. I just get him washed and then i take him home and do the rest myself.

I can't believe what people will try on to get their way - the groomer who i used to take Zero to (before i learned to do it myself) has been booked out for the 2 weeks leading up to christmas since the end of august! I feel for all the groomers - i hate people sometimes, especially at christmas!

Yep after a hell of a xmas period last year we decided to be prepared this year...we arnt working 10 days straight like we did last year and we are finishing up on the 22nd instead of xmas eve

We also decided that we wernt going to book in any dogs we hadnt all ready previously washed or clipped thru out the year...no one timers, only exception was people with puppies but even then we werent too helpful...the last three weeks of work were booked out like 4 weeks in advance which is great for us not so great for them!!!

We have had stupid ammounts of abuse also!!!

I was working in an office and a guy there heard I had dogs and started asking me questions. I have hairy dogs so he asks do I get them done professionally. When I tell him that I do them myself he then asks if I groom other peoples dogs... Cheeky b*stard wanted me to groom his new Shih Tzu cross!!

I told him I've tried working in a salon but it's really hard work and I get paid more to sit comfortably in air conditioning :D

I did tell him to book a regular appointment at a groomers well in advance so he didn't have to do the ring around.

we have been booked out at work for over 3 months, i have been abused at least one a day from people who want to book their dogs in over chrissy, they dont believe it when i say we have been booked out for months

got abused over $4 yesterday :D I was about to tell her not to worry about it, then the abuse came, so i didnt say anything and took the money

Well I got my 3 boys done today, booked in advance, and they look beautiful. Bows in hair. Love it

All credit to the groomers, because, seriously, I have tried to do my dogs myself, and I just butcher it. I think you are all very talented.

My groomer is fantastic. I have to confess, I only booked mine about 3 weeks ago, and she squeezed me in, and thats 3 dogs. I am a regular though

When i was doing grooming we had those kinds of people. Plus the ones who complain that their dogs had to go short when they were in disgraceful condition with the matted fur from head to tail nearly down to the skin, most had to come off on a #7blade because of the lack of care from the owners. They ask us to get the knots off but expected still to be on a #3 blade.

I got so frustrated with some people especially the ones who came and insisted they had appointments and they didnt and my boss would just give in to them and do them anyway. It meant i had to be there til anything up to 11pm at night having started at 8am that morning. I absolutely hated it those terribly long days and nights.

My advice, always book very early in advance to avoid disappointment.