Where To Buy Raw ?

laffi

The place in Ashfield, NSW, has closed. I went there today. They had been running down their stock for some time, although they always had plenty of raw food.

It was called "Aussie Pet Supplies". It looked like a Petbarn style place. It was Parramatta Rd, Haberfield. But now it's gone :( The last time I was there, the sales assistant mentioned they were closing. And they have.

They still exist :) Located at 10 Shirlow St, Marrickville or online at http://healthypetsmeatsandtreats.com.au

• 3 weeks later...

I have to say, I went to the poultry place in Oakleigh on my way home from work last night and the two women there were fantastic and the pet mince is great, Lady behind the counter told me the turkey necks sell very, very fast but gave me their card to call the night before and make an order and she'd pop it aside.

Everything was lovely and fresh and I am very impressed! Even got us some chook...

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't read the entire thread, so my apologies if this was already mentioned - petbarn in the ACT now stocks the K9 natural frozen raw diet, including frozen green tripe (I got rediculously excited about finding the tripe :) )

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone know a good supplier of roo mince either close to NW MEL subs or can deliver, happy to buy in bulk as Koda is currently eating about 250g a day (1.8kg a week) with his van mix.

• 6 months later...

I just wanted to add Raw4paws in the Brisbane area, been using it for a short time, but very happy with the results. I have discussed the food with the owner multiple times and very happy with her answers. Its great food, human grade and all complete, so very easy to use. I use it in conjunction with Vets all natural and fresh meat :)

Edited by fluff1234

There's a lovely pet food shop in Croydon, Adelaide. I get all my kangaroo from there and they stock a whole heap of other stuff too. Super helpful and lovely owner, I always request my meats whole (=not ground) and he's happy to put stuff aside for me whenever I need it. I find the pricing very reasonable too.

Their meat quality is excellent, every time I buy I feel like throwing some on my own pan lol. I regularly get beef & lamb hearts, lamb necks and big kangaroo chunks.

...And as an additional bonus my dog gets chicken necks & cuddles every time we go there! :D

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone have a recommendation for RMBs, poultry, or offal in the Pascoe Vale/Glenroy/Broadmeadows/Coburg area? I have been travelling to Preston but if there's a decent supplier closer to my new home, I would love to try it.

The Coles in Pascoe Vale is pretty rubbish for raw dogs... they just have chicken necks. Nothing else. However, there is a butcher next door that I am yet to try.

Does anyone have a recommendation for RMBs, poultry, or offal in the Pascoe Vale/Glenroy/Broadmeadows/Coburg area? I have been travelling to Preston but if there's a decent supplier closer to my new home, I would love to try it.

The Coles in Pascoe Vale is pretty rubbish for raw dogs... they just have chicken necks. Nothing else. However, there is a butcher next door that I am yet to try.

Have you turned this place in Essendon?

http://www.petandaquariumwarehouse.com.au

Helpful staff who can offer diet advice.

Cheers,

Sorry I don't have a recommendation for you but I would love to know where you recommend in Preston?

Sorry I don't have a recommendation for you but I would love to know where you recommend in Preston?

Preston Market! Turkey necks, turkey chops, pork bones, beef, chicken... all the good stuff. I also love Psarakos (corner Normanby and High) for chicken (offal is same price as at the market, but the rest is more expensive - though not by much), and salmon heads there are very good value. There's EA Salce on High St, and they won't let you look at what's in their freezer but they have some good value stuff. I liked going there for frozen roo tails. I think they have VAN refrigerated food, and maybe Big Dog BARF.

Have you turned this place in Essendon?

http://www.petandaquariumwarehouse.com.au

Helpful staff who can offer diet advice.

Cheers,

Thanks for that. I hadn't seen them. I will check them out!

Preston Market! Turkey necks, turkey chops, pork bones, beef, chicken... all the good stuff. I also love Psarakos (corner Normanby and High) for chicken (offal is same price as at the market, but the rest is more expensive - though not by much), and salmon heads there are very good value. There's EA Salce on High St, and they won't let you look at what's in their freezer but they have some good value stuff. I liked going there for frozen roo tails. I think they have VAN refrigerated food, and maybe Big Dog BARF.

Thank you :), I keep meaning to check out Preston market.

Probably a silly question but Is green tripe considered muscle meat or organ? Is there an animal that is preferred , beef, lamb?

USA based friend regards green tripe as a type of combination of both.

They have Smooth & Wire Haired Vizslak raised on RAW.

I swear the dogs are like movie stars..... beautiful coats, skin, the lot.

When I stayed with them I used be charged with preparing the green tripe. Man, did the dogs love me. :)

Edited by VizslaMomma

• 3 weeks later...