Where To Buy Raw ?

laffi

I hope I'm posting this correctly. I wanted to let anyone know who lives around the Wyong area, that I am getting good quality beef hearts from Pete's Butcher at the Cutler Centre. I picked up 2 hearts today and it cost $7. I think that's a great price compared to Woolworths. The butcher makes his own pet mince too but uses a lot of offal in it, so I didn't buy any but from memory it's $2.50/kilo. If he hasn't got the stuff you want, he will order it in for you. I will be finding out lots more as time goes by, but wanted to let you know about the hearts. He sells lamb hearts too. I bought two for $1!!

Sandra, Bella and Cody

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A kennel owner tipped us off to a good wholesale meat supplier in Lansvale, western Sydney. I think they are called Ashfords. On the Hume just down from the McDonalds in Lansvale. We got lamb breast for about $4/kg, turkey thighs for a little under $3/kg, chicken liver, hearts and giblets for around $2/kg, I think, pork bones and trotters, chickens (3 small for $11), and they do a chicken pet mince that is apparently good quality. There were also pig heads, very cheap fish fillets, chicken wings and necks, and a little goat and more exotic poultry.

Unless I am reading the packet requirements wrong, vets all natural doesn't seem very cost effective for larger breeds...

Hi Sparky Tansy, the Complete Mix is available in a 15kg bag which makes it more affordable. We believe feeding VAN, cost wise, sits between supermarket brand food and super premium dry food. Sourcing good value kangaroo meat will make the overall cost lower.

Complete Mix has some relatively expensive ingredients such as organic barley grass, parsley, vitamin c, lecithin, kelp, plus with Sensitive Skin CM we add Protexin and colostrum.

I wish the VAN didnt have grains it, it would be great for my allergy dog but oats are a big problem for him

Hi Mason_Gibbs, have you tried VAN Sensitive Skin with your allergy dog? If you have any questions regarding it please, send us a PM, we would love to help.

High levels of cooked carbohydrate is bad (note: this is carbs, not grains), but grains are not the cause of allergies. You will find the odd dog that will react to them, just like you will find dogs that react to lambs wool beds, but that does not make lambs wool the cause of allergies. Oats and barley are hypoallergenic grains (we don't use wheat for that reason) and the reality is Dr Bruce Syme has cured thousands of dogs with allergies using his formula. These grains can't be the cause, but can be part of the cure...part of a carefully balanced, nutritionally complete diet, with all 76 macro and micro nutrients - that is the cure for allergies. Its all about having the strongest immune system possible, and not in a pro-inflammatory state.

The difference between oats in dry food and oats in VAN is the cooked status. VAN grains are whole grains, raw, and sprouted - just like they would be in the stomach of a rabbit or rat or chicken - as eaten by dogs and cats.

I wish the VAN didnt have grains it, it would be great for my allergy dog but oats are a big problem for him

me too. i think the grains are what give Wilbur the runs too :( he likes it, but it sure doesn't agree with his little tummy.

Hi suziwong66

Poor Wilbur, can we ask how you introduced the VAN into his diet? Was he already on raw food and you tried adding the VAN, or was Wilbur on dry food? Dry food changes the pH of the dogs stomach from its natural, raw eating state, so sometimes if swapping from dry to raw the stomach takes time to adjust and lower the pH. The change over should take up to 10 days of slowly altering the ratio of dry to raw.

Interestingly as the stomach becomes more alkaline the gastric digestion and emptying slows down. With a pH closer to neutral, its easier for bacteria to survive the stomach, and with the delayed gastric emptying effect (from roughly 12 hours up to 24 hours), any bacteria that do survive are also able to grow up into much larger numbers and it can result in loose stools.

Any questions about VAN please send PM's and we will be happy to help.

• 1 month later...
Guest Augustine Approved

Hello Everyone,

My boxer Augustine and I will shortly be launching a new line of Augustine Approved food products. Although our flagship product "Augustine's Super Food" is suitable for all dogs, it has proven to be a huge success for dogs with allergies and weight management issues. We are looking to add to our list of testimonials for our upcoming website so if you would like your doggies to be among the first to try Augustine's Super Food, please contact us directly.

Here are some of the key benefits of Augustine's Super Food:

- 100% Certified Organic Ingredients

- Made fresh to human standards

- Works wonders on dogs with food allergies

- Combats obesity and promotes a lean and healthy weight range

- Contains Super Food consumed by top performing athletes

- No preservatives, no fillers, no by-products, no grains or meals, no added colours or flavours, no salts and no more smelly poos!

Boxer kisses,

Phivo & Augustine xo

Augustine Approved - Human food for dogs

1300 909 330

The world's greatest dog food started with a puppy named Augustine. Read our story on Facebook. Search: augustine approved

Edited by Augustine Approved

• 4 weeks later...

I can highly recommend www.australianpettreatcompany.com.au I get all my food from them and their service and price is excellent, its not worth leaving home!!!!!!! I have used them for many year now and have never been let down!

We used too feed Dr B. barf but the quality went down hill (not sure why???). we have a found a local company (aproperdogsdinner.com.au) who home deliver human grade monthly boxes of a variety of barf with bones and our dogs love the stuff. i still top up from vic market as still like to make their dinners now and then - does anyone know of where to get cheap human grade roo?

Guest Augustine Approved

From what I have seen raw mince is the cheapest roo you can at coles or safeway $7.85kg. Naturally if you would like cheaper prices you would have to go wholesale but you may find this is still an expensive exercise because you will have to buy a lot of roo and have the freezer space. Let us know if you find anything better always on the lookout.

Just dropping back in after a long absence to share that we found a great source of raw in Girrawheen - Nyguen Phat Farmer Jacks supermarket in the Summerfield Shopping Centre (Wade Court). Chicken for $1.99, plus lots of hearts, chicken giblets, tongue, trotters, chicken feet, everything you could want, and all human grade.

(also some lovely produce for the humans!)

I feed roo from a supplier here in wa - $3:80 a kg, my big dog only eats 300g a day plus van, the roo works out to $30 a month about

Could you tell me where you get your roo meat Mason_Gibbs? I'm going to need a lot (750g-1kg per day) for my dog to do an elimination diet, so I'm looking for a good supplier!

Might PM you in case you don't look in here regularly. :)