Didn't Realise This Site Was Only For Pure Breeds. Are We Still W

skyelea

I was just reading through another post when someone made mention that this site was 'a pure breed community'. Then I looked at the small print and saw that this was indeed what it says.

I was going to post some photos of our puppy as I did in the welcome mat section but our puppy is a mixed breed rescue puppy. Is that ok or is it only for pure breed owners? If so, does anyone know of a site that is for mutts or any dogs.

Cheers.

Hi and welcome to DOL.

While it is a purebred dog comminity many members own crossbreds and post about them. DOL has a large rescue section and a lot of members are involved in rescue. It is not the crossbreds or the designer mutts :) that people object to but the puppy farmers and backyard breeders who produce them.

You will learn a lot from this forum.

Please post some piccies of you pup.

Come on let's have a look at him?her?

I've got two bitza's no one seems to mind :cry:

OK, don't have to ask twice!! :)

http://i474.photobucket.com/albums/rr108/s...ly/SDC10292.jpg

http://i474.photobucket.com/albums/rr108/s...ly/DCP_2155.jpg

http://s474.photobucket.com/albums/rr108/s...ly/?action=view

Thanks, we are so excited and she is such a great pup, we just want to show her off but we don't want to contravene the spirit of the forum.

She looks very sweet, there is really something about kind puppy eyes. I just can't get enough of them :)

Thanks Bluefox. She really is a sweet girl. Born in foster care and we adopted her at 8 weeks so no traumas in her life. She is really smart and sassy!

Talk about practising what you preach! I always tell my students to read everything closely before answering a question or making a comment and I go off half cocked and then decide to read the forum rules!!!!

Now I understand. Just trying to get the whole 'designer doggy' moniker issue sorted. I will write out 100 times. Don't open your big gob before you have read the rules!

Happy New Year one and all.

Such expressive eyes. She is a cute girl.

Thank you all! We think she is adorable as well but of course, like all parents, we are ever so slightly biased!

She is a rescue puppy and those wonderful people rescued her mum from death row just before she was due to give birth. The mum was a german shepherd cross. Looked like a GS but much smaller. None of the puppies looked anything like mum so dad (whatever he was) had some strong genes happening.

It has been suggested to me that she might have some pointer. Who knows though, just a lovely cocktail I think.

Thanks for the welcome everyone.

She is beautiful, mind if I ask where she came from? She looks so similar to a little boy that I foster cared for about a year ago, really almost identical shaped face and sit! Same eyes too. He had less white but same colouring etc, a ripper little pup that certainly grew!