Puppy Not Well

SoL

Well, he's definitely getting there :cry:

His ears have only relaxed ever so slightly but the rest of him is nice and supple. He can run properly now, jump and is a lot happier in himself. His meds have been reduced to 3mg instead of 5mg (which is better for all of us - poor kid is very lumpy from being a pincushion) and I've just asked if I can take him off the Valium. The vet is also very happy with his progress. I just wonder how long recovery will actually be?

And yep, he's teething so fingers crossed there as well.

Em

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, he's definitely getting there :cry:

His ears have only relaxed ever so slightly but the rest of him is nice and supple. He can run properly now, jump and is a lot happier in himself. His meds have been reduced to 3mg instead of 5mg (which is better for all of us - poor kid is very lumpy from being a pincushion) and I've just asked if I can take him off the Valium. The vet is also very happy with his progress. I just wonder how long recovery will actually be?

And yep, he's teething so fingers crossed there as well.

Em

:) I bet that's a relief.

Thanks guys :D

I can't actually tell you how much of a relief it is to see him getting better. It'll take a bit longer I think but he's definitely on the right track. Can't wait for the day when the vet says he doesn't need meds anymore.

I've just finished reading this whole thread. What a terrible experience. You are very strong and I'm glad your pup has you as it's owner. I can feel your relief at him getting better. Poor boy.

I have just seen this thread, and my first thought was Tetanus, I have nursed three dogs with it. Two survived, the third the owner chose to let the little one go due to cost restraints. The interesting thing with the third puppy was he had lived in town, Esperance, all his life, the other dogs we had seen had been off stations where they from time to time had sheep and horses affected by Tetanus. He had no wounds any of us could find, and about the only thing the little fella could move was his tail. It just so didn't fit the senario a tetanus affected dog should. I am so glad your boy is recovering, it will take time but he will get there in the end, bummer about the injections, no human tablets you could possibly use? Hugs to a brave boy.

:laugh::cheer::rofl::rofl:

The need for twice daily injections is OVER :laugh: He's doing really well, ears are almost fully down and he's charging about like there's no tomorrow. He's now been put on Amoxyl tablets (I personally am very happy about that LOL). I think I can actually take him for a walk now :rofl:

I'll put a photo up of him when he's fully recovered.

:cheer::laugh::rofl::cheer:

The need for twice daily injections is OVER :) He's doing really well, ears are almost fully down and he's charging about like there's no tomorrow. He's now been put on Amoxyl tablets (I personally am very happy about that LOL). I think I can actually take him for a walk now :)

I'll put a photo up of him when he's fully recovered.

:laugh::rofl: :rofl: :rofl::cheer::rofl::cheers::cheer::rofl:

Congrats you were able to get the right diagnosis and it all worked out well :)