Do You Have Any Of Your Own Pictures Displayed In Your House?

ruthless

I was just having a little look at GayleK's website and #77 in her "100 things you didn't really need to know about me!" is "I have none of my photography displayed anywhere in our house". I'm shocked ;) Why not?!!

Even I do! These were taken on a trip to Croatia a few years ago [in the days before manual settings and post processing :rofl:]. I got quite into photographing these stone mounds. There were hundreds of them. I went down at different times of the day to try and get the best lighting. [i uploaded to PB, so the quality's a bit crap.]

stonesA2r.jpg

I'm hoping to get these four printed on canvas soon too ... or I might change my mind and decide I want there to be some sort of theme or similarity to the pics ...

3182241288_57f13976d5_m.jpg3164301317_49567a0659_m.jpg3166275072_5ae860048e_m.jpg2994521838_90a40943fa_m.jpg

I also have a Kikki K DIY calendar that you put a different photo on every month, not to mention the mini gallery of friends dogs on the side of the fridge! :confused:

If you've got work on your walls, let's see it. If not, why not?!

Edited by ruthless

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't got one single paper copy of any photos I've taken with this camera yet.

They're all still just on my computer.

I do have a couple of horse photos taken with old film cameras. One, must be about 25 years old. I have a couple of drawings of horses and whippets but that's all.

Ruth, love the stones! Where in Croatia was that? And those four would make great canvases (or canvas?), do them really big!

I've got a couple of old abstracts on canvas that i got for OH, they've been up on our walls since we moved in together though recently i've been getting really sick of them so i might need to put something new up.

I've also got a framed series from my final project for my photography class at uni - the only HD i got in all my uni years, not even my main area of study :confused: - they're a series taken in an old sandstone bunker site at Middle Head, my own hand made prints; printing technique-wise rather perfect, if i may say so myself ;) :rofl: . Also got shown at a small exhibition, which was pretty cool. :(

I also like to make little miniproofs and whack it on a blank card for birthdays and xmas, just little abstractey/quirky ones, patches of colour etc. It just makes it a little more special and personal than standard cards, which I haven't bought in years and years.

Any pics RD? I'd love to see them ;)

I used to love doing hand prints when I was studying. I had a darkroom at home. Friends and family almost always got pics for birthdays and Christmas!

ETA The stones were in Novigrad. Not the prettiest town in the world, but we stayed in my parents friends apartment for free :confused:

Edited by ruthless

So how big did you have the stone triptych printed?

Printed on an A2 piece of photographic paper, but mounted and framed with more space between them and around them.

Have you tried those 3M sticky hooks? They're pretty good!

Yup, that's what we use :confused:

Edited by ruthless

Since writing that, I had 3 pics framed and are now on our walls. Two are pics from Tassie, one is a still life of white daisies on a white background.

Why not? I just hadn't got around to it and at that stage, our living room walls were red, which does not flatter any art. Walls are now white and my husband keeps bugging me to hang some more photos.

I do have lots of matted prints. I have entered a lot of print comps and had professional mats made for them. I also have a digital frame on my desk at work with lots of pics on it, and small framed prints of kids and pets.

One thing I found with digital photography, is that it's very easy to build up a large supply of very good photos and not do anything with them.

Since writing that, I had 3 pics framed and are now on our walls. Two are pics from Tassie, one is a still life of white daisies on a white background.
I have one ind of but its in a calendar I had made of severl photos. At work I have the tearsheet of a magazine cover my photo was used for and a home printed version of same photo.

Wanna seeeee :laugh::thumbsup:

what's the story behind the stone pillars Ruthless?

No idea! People were just making them along the coastline. Maybe someone made a few and then others followed suit?!

Oh yeah, I have two in the Aussie Shepherd clubs 2009 calender. They ran a contest for pics for the calender and I didn't enter it, so the president rang me and asked me to please submit two she particularly liked. One of them has Leopuppy's girlie Kinta in it with Dusty. The other one is Dusty floating alongside Benson at the beach.

I also had some published in a book....a real book, not one you make yourself. It's about our local region and I have about 20 local landscapes in it and a collage of my pics on the cover.

And a few years ago I had some published in Australian Camera magazine.

One thing that gives me a real thrill is when my adult kids ask me for framed pics of mine for gifts to hang on their walls.

2994521838_90a40943fa_m.jpg

I also have a Kikki K DIY calendar ...

I love the Kikki shops - I've bought the calendar and a set of the pens, but haven't played with it yet.

The half-tail and cut-off legs in this shot are "okay" but they would bother me sometimes. I think it would look good and have more impact as square format, cropped to just above the ears and just below the medal.

We need to get new prints made for our walls: we took down the lot when we just re-painted some rooms at Christmas. Our camera club has an exhibition coming up soon, so I'll probably wait til it's over and use those prints to start with. It's restricted to natural Australiana (no dogs or horses, bother), but that still gives plenty of scope.

I got tons printed out to be framed for a Christmas present for my dad and had some left over, so I've framed all of those and have them in my bedroom :thumbsup: I plan on getting myself a Pixma at some point so I can print off whatever I want at home, though. Have also bought a framed print of mine from Redbubble for a birthday present for my mum, so that'll be hanging up when she gets given it :laugh:

Edited by iltby

2994521838_90a40943fa_m.jpg

The half-tail and cut-off legs in this shot are "okay" but they would bother me sometimes. I think it would look good and have more impact as square format, cropped to just above the ears and just below the medal.

It didn't annoy me before, but now it's all I see! :thumbsup: I'll just have to try and get a better one of her! Pity the grass is nowhere near as green anymore :thumbsup: