Warrnambool (vic) Dolers

jerojath

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Ness there is house type units there now but definatley not finished? Am I being to nosey if I ask why you are interested? I would be happy to go down there tomorrow and take some photos to send you if you want me too.

Edited to add yes some of the buildings are occupied now.

Edited by tlc

Pandii has also kindly offered to go and take photos for me but thanks tlc. You can be nosey - my PhD is looking at contaminated sites law and policy. The Mill is a site that has been remediated prior to redevelopment. It was suggested as a site by the Victorian EPA because apparently they have left some of the contamination on site.

I am looking at the legal measures put in place in such instances to ensure that the remaining contamination is appropriately looked after in the future.

So its one of my ten case study sites - 2 in each of SA, Qld, NSW, Vic and WA :love: .

Not very exciting LOL.

Usually what happens is they remove the contaminants from where the houses are and place them in common area - like a roadway and then the local council is responsible for the upkeep of the repository. One of the SA examples actually have the containment cell where the remaining contaminated soil is stored located underneath a recreation park and again council are responsible for ensuring the integrity of the cell. My thesis is looking at the law and policy to make sure this happens and what means of enforcement is available against whom and by who if something should happen in the future.

Hey Ness, sounds very interesting... My hubby is doing the the bricklaying etc on the town houses in the mill site... He was saying the other day they will be putting a shopping complex or something in there also... Pretty sure there are heaps more town houses to go in there...

Guest Pandii

TLC, you can take the photos for Ness, you are a better photographer than me and I am flat out atm :love:

Will PM her

:hug: :D ;) :p @ Tanya LOL

Funny you mentioned the "horse" as he was what I had noticed first then went oh its Tanya and Tim with Bruno haha

The child was like huh big dog Mum.

Hope all is well with everyone.

Busy here with house and other things.

Not to mention bloody sinus infection has kept me lying pretty low.

Having said that the inlaws are coming home tomorrow so I prob will be out and about far more often now hahahaha.

I love em but not so keen on living with them hahahaha.

Not sure how they will go with the dogs living at the back door and the cats sleping on their waterbed hahahaha.

MIL is NOT a animal lover god love her being willing for us to move in with all these animals

So roll on the next few months a the new house being built maybe we should move a caravan out there and live in that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JJ how have you gone with the home hunting for the dogs??? Hope you find some one great!!!!!!!!!!

TLC Gee we really need to catch up been way too long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tenties :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: to the car being finished and home.

Cavelblase OH those chicks looks gorgeous and I cant wait till we are moved in and have our own chooks.

Ok best be gone to clean the house so its presentable when the ILs turn up (or they might kick us out :rofl::rofl:)

Cheers Janet

TLC Gee we really need to catch up been way too long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It sure has!

I went for a drive today and took some snaps for Ness and I was so suprised to see so much water just laying around and all the rivers and creeks so full. The mill is a little community now so many houses in there. I quite often drive past but just never take any notice. However I did feel a bit like a spy today with the picture taking :laugh: I definatley think there is something sus about the place when you really think about it. Why wouldnt they knock the rest of the building down beofre they start to build all them houses and units. Maybe some of it is heritage listed?? But it is really derelict now and looks to me dangerous! where the houses are used to be the old car park and most of the old building is still there. I came across some old photos earlier some of fletcher jones, and a couple of london bridge before it was broken, they are in a face book album if anyone wants to have a looky.

Tez you training on Sunday and up for a walk after? Anyone else wanna walk Sunday arvo bout 12.30pm at a place to be decided, the weather is supposed to be clearing up by then so hopefully it will be ok. I think I will be going rain hail or shine and get the lounge lizards out and about.

Hi everyone :)

We will be at training on Sunday...along with half the dog population in the great south west if last weekend is any indication! A walk after would be great...and happy to go where ever!

Jane has been disgraceful this week...phone, fridge...again! and the couch (although I think young Gus had a hand in that!!) so seems she is over being cooped up with this weather as well! Thank God I love her to bits otherwise she would be an ex-dog :eek:

Hi everyone,

Is anyone from the Portland area on here heading down Gippsland way in the very near future?

A friend of mine is wanting to save a staffy x border collie who is in Portland and she lives in Lang Lang, he is going to be sent to the pound if a home is not found.

He is approx 9 months old.

If anyone can help please e-mail Meagan at [email protected]

Thanks

Sorry reneenumbers I may have been of use a couple of weeks ago as I went to Gippsland but not going back for a while now, is it possible for your friend to come half way you might have more chance of someone being able to help out then. I'm sure there would be a Portland person heading to Melbourne.

:thumbsup: @ Jane!! mine are champing at the bit this week too, but nothing so serious as your black girl Tez :rofl:

So anyone else up for a walk tommorow about 12.30 ish??

Sorry Renee - not heading to Gippy until early October and I'd have camp gear & trial gear plus my own dogs on board.

Looks like a beautiful day for a walk - kind of day where you feel you should start on the spring garden clean-up but a walk sounds like more fun ;) I'm off trialling tomorrow so can't make it. Have fun! Hope tomorrow's weather is a little more prevalent :rofl: Bring on Spring!! :thumbsup:

Hi everyone,

Is anyone from the Portland area on here heading down Gippsland way in the very near future?

A friend of mine is wanting to save a staffy x border collie who is in Portland and she lives in Lang Lang, he is going to be sent to the pound if a home is not found.

He is approx 9 months old.

If anyone can help please e-mail Meagan at [email protected]

Thanks

Gippsland...no but I could manage South eastern suburbs Melbourne but only on the weekends. When does this dog have to get to Gippsland??? Probably need more info before committing though.