• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

http://www.k9pro.com.au/pages.php?pageid=89

Read that, see what you think :laugh:

Yes I've read that before (or similar information from another site) and offer such information within my puppy packs for pup buyers.

While it's certainly a possibility, it wouldn't make complete sense, as she is virtually bullet-proof in all other areas.

However, if this IS the case, at least I've been handling her the right way, ie; not mollycoddling her when she shys.

If the behaviour persists I shall seek further advice.

I am going to start formal training for her soon at the Club, so I'm sure we'll see what's going on then!

I am hoping it's just a stage and she reverts back to her old confident self as quickly as she changed. :eek:

Ta Jess! :idea:

It is probly just a "stage" Not to long ago TEz's jane went through something similar also she is at a similar age.

Jj are you going to go to Harris Street??

Thanks tlc, yes I'm sure it's just a stage and I'm probably making to big an issue of it - I don't think she's as bad as all this must sound!

Yes we'll be going to Harris St as we will eventually trial. I think she's definitely got what it takes. (taken me 16 months to figure it out though!)

Sheesh, I haven't trialled for YEARS! Guess we both in for some fun ahead.... :laugh:

Great I'm always up for extra training with my lot. We could take it in turns at calling some routines and work on problem areas etc.

Might get some others interested as well? I've always wanted to do mid week obedience but there is No club that does it mid week although a casual thing would probably suit me better.

Roll on summer or at least daylight savings.

Great I'm always up for extra training with my lot. We could take it in turns at calling some routines and work on problem areas etc.

Might get some others interested as well? I've always wanted to do mid week obedience but there is No club that does it mid week although a casual thing would probably suit me better.

Roll on summer or at least daylight savings.

Yep can't wait for summer. :eek:

Most nights suit me and a casual arrangement suits me fine... doesn't have to be the same night every week as that may not suit everyone.

Problem areas????? Think there'll be plenty of them with Tarni! :rofl:

Would we be allowed to use the grounds your Club uses? I'm sure it's public land but you don't wanna upset anyone.

That would sure be handy for most of us!

What level did you trial to previously JJ?

I wouldn't mind coming and doing some obedience with Darcy occasionally as the distraction work is always handy. Just fun stuff though, I won't ever put her in an obedience class type scenario again. :eek:

Don't worry Jess it definatley would not be serious obedience, just some fun for us and the dogs and I like to keep my lot in toe and with 4 they don't get enough regular obedience, so it will be good for me. And happy to work with anyone on problems of any kind. I'd like to advance my lot a bit more than what they are but it's hard to get enough time with volunteering at Sunday obedience. Tez will tell you my classes are definatley not hard cor!! : laugh:

Jj we should be able to use the area at brierly near the new play ground as long as the dogs stay on lead in that area. We are only allowed to use the oval on a Sunday so that's out. If we wanted the dogs to have some off lead socialization we can move down the other end away from the play ground.

What level did you trial to previously JJ?

I wouldn't mind coming and doing some obedience with Darcy occasionally as the distraction work is always handy. Just fun stuff though, I won't ever put her in an obedience class type scenario again. :eek:

I was trialling for CD.

The more the merrier! :rofl:

JJ...Maybe I missed something speed reading but what the hell bit you??? The curiosity is killing me!

I'm sure Tarni will be fine...she's probably just going through a stage!

Must get Gus out and about more with people as I have noticed he is abit fearful when strange people want to pat him ( similar to how you described how Tarni is with strange dogs). Two groups of people wanted to say hello to him tonight on our walk and he was abit uncomfortable. Problem is that its been so bloody cold and wet and dark since we have had him that we really haven't encountered alot of stranger interaction on our walks til now so its a new experience for him. I had some training treats in my pocket so gave the people some to encourage him which helped but of course, even though I asked them to pat him under his chin and neck, they all wanted to do the 'pat on the head' thing...very frustrating! Funnily enough, he is very comfortable with the strangers at dog training so it is environment specific at the moment. Took me abit by surprise tonight. At 7 months, I think he may be in a 'fear stage'.

We might be interested in some mid week training over summer if possible too.

Pandii...Thanks for letting us know where you saw us. You must have caught Gus on his rare moment of not pulling on the lead!

Tlc...Love the birthday shot of your doggies...very very cute!

Don't worry Jess it definatley would not be serious obedience, just some fun for us and the dogs and I like to keep my lot in toe and with 4 they don't get enough regular obedience, so it will be good for me. And happy to work with anyone on problems of any kind. I'd like to advance my lot a bit more than what they are but it's hard to get enough time with volunteering at Sunday obedience. Tez will tell you my classes are definatley not hard cor!! : laugh:

Jj we should be able to use the area at brierly near the new play ground as long as the dogs stay on lead in that area. We are only allowed to use the oval on a Sunday so that's out. If we wanted the dogs to have some off lead socialization we can move down the other end away from the play ground.

I'm sure we can find somewhere suitable around there. :eek:

I'm looking forward to this already....

warm evenings...

like-minded people...

great dogs...

kids at home...

cold beer in hand... :rofl:

Yep... I reckon I could get used to that!

Wouldn't mind the drive...It would be great to train after work in the cool of the evening in Summer and the Dogs (and I) would love it! Couldn't committ to every week as my finishing hour changes depending on the roster at work but I reckon I could manage it most of the time!

Wouldn't mind the drive...It would be great to train after work in the cool of the evening in Summer and the Dogs (and I) would love it! Couldn't committ to every week as my finishing hour changes depending on the roster at work but I reckon I could manage it most of the time!

:eek:

I love it when a plan comes together! :rofl: