Warrnambool (vic) Dolers

jerojath

Hello everyone,

I asked reneenumbers to post on here for me while i was awaiting for approval to join here.

Dexter is currenty living in Portland and due to a break up his owner cannot keep him and her ex wants to take him to the pound, the lady is trying to find him a home as she doesn't like pounds but cannot afford to keep Dexter herself as she is now a single mother.

I would be extremly greatful if someone would be able to bring him to melbourne for me or the south eastern suburbs, as I have a bad back and am unable to drive all the way to Portland.

Please feel free to pm me or e-mail.

Thanx

Meagan

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Gotta work all week but could maybe manage Sunday or maybe Saturday. I work in Colac on Saturday Til 12. Any chance of your friend meeting me in Colac on Saturday?

Hi Tez, Thank you so muck for the offer but Colac would still be abit too far for me to drive.

I'm a little confused....

You are hoping someone can drive to Portland, pick up a dog and drive the dog to Gippsland, or at least Melbourne,

but you wont get the dog to Colac?

It can't be 'too' urgent(?)

:thumbsup:

It's not that I "wont" drive to Colac, it's that I can't.

If you must know, my back is buggered and I am unable to drive that far.

If I could I would drive to Portland and pick him up myself.

All I was hoping is that someone in the Portland area was heading down this way/Melbourne.

I do NOT expect anyone to go out of their way.

Yes to me it is urgent that he doesn't go to the pound, there are too many dogs there as it is IMO.

Not sure if you can do it or not but have you thought about putting the dog on the train and having it transported that way????

At least that way you only have to worry about getting ot from Portland to Warrnambool.

Just a thought anyway.

Good luck with it.

Cheers Janet

Sorry I missed the walk today :thumbsup::laugh::laugh:

Have a sinus infection so feeling sorry for myself and spent most of the morning in bed with an ear ache :eek::)

Not to mention Inlaws are back so felt I had to stay for at least the first day LOL

Cheers Janet

You are hoping someone can drive to Portland, pick up a dog and drive the dog to Gippsland, or at least Melbourne,

All I was hoping is that someone in the Portland area was heading down this way/Melbourne.

Yes to me it is urgent that he doesn't go to the pound, there are too many dogs there as it is IMO.

In such a case if you can't find someone able to help, maybe try DogTainers or another pet-freight company.

They offer door to door service, but it is gonna cost you!

Hope you can sort it out.

In such a case if you can't find someone able to help, maybe try DogTainers or another pet-freight company.

They offer door to door service, but it is gonna cost you!

Hope you can sort it out.

No worries, thanx for that

Hey Janet, hope your sinus infection clears up soon they are horrible...

Ran into your hubby and son with fur babies in tow at the Blue Hole this morning, boof came up to say hi and your hubby was calling him back then I did put two and two together... Your son wasn't quite sure how I knew the dogs, told him that Bruno goes walking with you and sniff, did forget to say Boof and Bruno went to school together for a bit..

Hahaha Tanya,

You must have read my mind I had started to post here about OH seeing you and Bruno and got side tracked.

He said to me Oh I saw that lady with the BIG dog at the beach today LOL I put 2 and 2 together and figured out it was you :laugh::eek:

I asked if Bruno and Boof had a play but OH said Bruno was too big to play ROFL cose Boof is a midget himself????? I suppose compared to Bruno Boof is a light weight but still!!!!!!!!!

We take the dogs down there most days now as we live just up the hill from there now so is good and the dogs love love love having a run on the beach.

And Riley likes to go and see what treasures he can find on the beach LOL He dragged a huge big stick home one day :thumbsup::laugh:

Ok off to bed for me to TRY and get some sleep so I can actually function @ work.

Cheers Janet

Hey Peeps,

Where have you all gone? How good is this extra light been after work, bring on day light savings I say...

Hey TLC, been walking past your place lately, I will drop in one day to say hi... Have noticed there is a beautiful cat in your street, Bruno and I pass it walking, I would love to know what it is... Nice big fluffy one...

Well hopefully this wkend, is full of sunshine so we can catch up for a doggy date...

GSD's......... we dropped in to see you today but you wernt home ......Mum came down with me to see you and Terry,

oh well, maybe again soon ???

Hi Tenties,

I must have just missed you (according to mum) 'cause I got home about the time you left. I had to get a prog test done for Vegas at Highton and then drop it off to Pathology in town (Geelong), so it took me a bit longer than normal. I take it you didn't have any luck with finding a car?

We hope to get down to W'bool on Saturday (tomorrow) to see how dad is. Only problem is we have to take the big dog trailer with all the oldies on board, so I best get out and wash all the dust and dirt off it from NO USE for a few years and make sure there are no big hairy ipsies inside. We'll try to call in for a cuppa either on the way up or on the way back...depending on time. Will you be home? I can bring my own teabag!! :(

Did mum tell you we lost our best mate Peppi on the 14th Aug and then his son Red two weeks later? :crazy::mad:rofl: Pep was a month short of turning 14 and Red was almost 12. I haven't felt much like socializing lately, can't stop missing them. ;) ;)

Hope all is going well with you and the dogs etc

Theresa

Theresa, sorry to hear about your losses, it takes so long to get over when they go, my thoughts are with you!

Have noticed there is a beautiful cat in your street, Bruno and I pass it walking, I would love to know what it is... Nice big fluffy one...

Well hopefully this wkend, is full of sunshine so we can catch up for a doggy date...

Did the kitty look like this

P1090404.jpg

The weekend is supposed to be fully rained out but we will see, I hope they are wrong. I have had two great walks today and yesterday its been great to get the dog out they have loved it. If Sunday is Ok I will probly be heading out after training.

GSDs sorry to hear about your loss. Double blow it's even harder. They will be together over the other side of the rainbow bridge.

Kitty looks like a ragdoll to me, choc seal point with mittens? :laugh: :D ;)

I have a soft spot for them. We loss our Birman to kidney failure 2 yrs ago, he was 10 years old. I had been debating getting a ragdoll since, but it's the fur factor. They do shead lots of fur, should be kepted indoors and brushed daily. Both breeds are exceptional, temperment and appearance. Blue eyes are devine.

Our boy, RIP.

winnie.jpg

Your boy looks lovely, he lived to a good age.

My kitty is in fact a Birman (seal point) he is a pure bred boy from a breeder up near Hamilton. He was out of a litter of 3 and two of them were miss marked so not show quality. (see the little white on his nose and there is a bit under his chin)

I don't find Bailey loses a huge amount of hair, he never matts and I brush him about once a week. He even doesn't mind a bath on the odd occasion. And he is definatley not an indoor cat, he comes and goes during the day and hangs around the yard or plays with the neighbours cat. We are lucky we live in a quiet street. They are beautiful cats but he doesn't spend a lot of time around the dogs as they want to play with him and drag him around and he just lets them and I'm scared they will hurt him in play as there is four of them. One on one he is fine although Im sure Tully thinks he is a toy :laugh:

This was a while ago

P1080279.jpg

0012.jpg

P1090366.jpg

This is Bailey with my older girl Holly she will be 19 this year

P1020754.jpg

Sorry about your loss GSD... hope your ok...

Hey TLC, yeah i'm pretty sure it was one of those cats, it's beautiful, i'm not a cat person but if I did that would be the breed.... If Sun is a good day, i'll be in for a walk... Hoping we don't get the floods as predicted... Imagine the creek behind you, it's flowing pretty hard at moment...

Just saw your updated pics TLC... That's the kitty I've been seeing, is that yours???

Edited by Tim & Tanya