• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Proposed Local Laws Printer Friendly

Numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 & 7

Warrnambool City Council proposes to make new local laws.

The purpose and general purport of the proposed laws can be downloaded by clicking on the link below.

A copy of the proposed local laws are available from Warrnambool City Council, 25 Liebig Street Warrnambool or downloaded by clicking the links below.

Any person affected by the proposed laws has the right to make a written submission to Council under Section 223 of the Local Government Act 1989. Written submissions must be addressed to the Chief Executive, Warrnambool City Council, PO Box 198 Warrnambool 3280 and received no later than 5pm Friday 27 March 2009.

You may also request to be heard in support of your submission at a Special Council Meeting on Monday 6 April 2009.

Proposed laws affecting all those that reside withing the Warrnambool City Council boundaries. There is no mention of how/what is involved in getting a permit, or even if they are going to/not going to issue permits.

From the Council website

Number 6

The purpose and general purport of the proposed laws can be downloaded by clicking on the link below.

A copy of the proposed local law is available from Warrnambool City Council, 25 Liebig Street Warrnambool or downloaded by clicking the links below.

Any person affected by the proposed laws has the right to make a written submission to Council under Section 223 of the Local Government Act 1989. Written submissions must be addressed to the Chief Executive, Warrnambool City Council, PO Box 198 Warrnambool 3280 and received no later than 5pm Thursday 16 April 2009.

You may also request to be heard in support of your submission at a Special Council Meeting on Monday 20 April 2009.

KEEPING ANIMALS

Unless permitted under the Planning Scheme, no owner or occupier of property may without a

permit keep or allow to be kept more than 4 different types of animals on anyone property at any

time and must not keep or allow to be kept any more in number for each type of animal than as set

out in the following table:

Type of Animal Maximum Allowed

Dogs 2

Cats 2

Poultry (not including Roosters) 10

Roosters Nil

Peafowl Nil

Guineafowl Nil

Domestic Birds 100

Domestic Mice 10

Guinea Pigs 6

Ferrets 4

Domestic Rabbits 4

Domestic Fish No maximum limit

Domestic Turtles, Tortoises, Frogs No maximum limit

Horses, Donkeys, Mules Nil

Cattle Nil

Sheep 1

Goats Nil

Pigs Nil

Reptiles Nil

Any other agricultural animals Nil

The number of dogs, cats and roosters allowed to be kept has been reduced. Where an existing

animal is lawfully kept, the new limit will not apply to that owner or occupier in respect of the

excess numbers of dogs and cats for 5 years and in respect of roosters for 2 years ending on the

anniversary of the operational date

LITTERS OF ANIMALS

For the purpose of calculating the maximum limit of the numbers of animals kept, the progeny of

any dog or cat lawfully kept will be exempt for a period of 12 weeks after their birth.

ANIMAL SHELTERS

The owner or occupier of any land on which animals are kept must provide reasonable shelter in

accordance with the Council requirements.

ANIMAL LITTER

No person in charge of a dog may allow any part of the dog's excrement to remain on any road,

street, nature strip, reserve or public or Council land.

Any person in charge of a dog in a municipal place must have at all times in their possession bags,

containers or other facility for removal of that dog’s excrement from the municipal place or road

and must produce such facility upon the request of an authorised officer.

No person in charge of a horse may allow any part of the horse’s excrement to remain on any

road, street, nature strip, reserve or public or Council land, when specifically requested by the

Council or an authorised officer to remove the excrement.

NO no no Pandii you got it wrong he wasnt going to be a lawn mowing man he is going to be a landscaper and a hot one at that!!!!!!!!!!! And YOU are paying. Now Linda just because I am married does not mean I am dead and cant appreciate a mans hot bod.

tlc you are welcome to join us in our perve session when ever Pandii gets her but into gear and employs this great hunk of spunk to do her garden.

Jerojath ummm I dont think this would be your scene but you are still welcome to join us on our mission of finding perfection :o:):(:)

110 only 40 to go :party:

You're right - not my scene :cry: But... as long as tenties is bringing a bottle of plonk...

Proposed Local Laws Printer Friendly

Numbers 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 & 7

A copy of the proposed local laws are available from Warrnambool City Council, 25 Liebig Street Warrnambool or downloaded by clicking the links below.

Any person affected by the proposed laws has the right to make a written submission to Council under Section 223 of the Local Government Act 1989. Written submissions must be addressed to the Chief Executive, Warrnambool City Council, PO Box 198 Warrnambool 3280 and received no later than 5pm Friday 27 March 2009.

You may also request to be heard in support of your submission at a Special Council Meeting on Monday 6 April 2009.

Proposed laws affecting all those that reside withing the Warrnambool City Council boundaries. There is no mention of how/what is involved in getting a permit, or even if they are going to/not going to issue permits.

From the Council website

Number 6

A copy of the proposed local law is available from Warrnambool City Council, 25 Liebig Street Warrnambool or downloaded by clicking the links below.

Any person affected by the proposed laws has the right to make a written submission to Council under Section 223 of the Local Government Act 1989. Written submissions must be addressed to the Chief Executive, Warrnambool City Council, PO Box 198 Warrnambool 3280 and received no later than 5pm Thursday 16 April 2009.

You may also request to be heard in support of your submission at a Special Council Meeting on Monday 20 April 2009.

KEEPING ANIMALS

Unless permitted under the Planning Scheme, no owner or occupier of property may without a

permit keep or allow to be kept more than 4 different types of animals on anyone property at any

time and must not keep or allow to be kept any more in number for each type of animal than as set

out in the following table:

Type of Animal Maximum Allowed

Dogs 2

Cats 2

Poultry (not including Roosters) 10

Roosters Nil

Peafowl Nil

Guineafowl Nil

Domestic Birds 100

Domestic Mice 10

Guinea Pigs 6

Ferrets 4

Domestic Rabbits 4

Domestic Fish No maximum limit

Domestic Turtles, Tortoises, Frogs No maximum limit

Horses, Donkeys, Mules Nil

Cattle Nil

Sheep 1

Goats Nil

Pigs Nil

Reptiles Nil

Any other agricultural animals Nil

The number of dogs, cats and roosters allowed to be kept has been reduced. Where an existing

animal is lawfully kept, the new limit will not apply to that owner or occupier in respect of the

excess numbers of dogs and cats for 5 years and in respect of roosters for 2 years ending on the

anniversary of the operational date

LITTERS OF ANIMALS

For the purpose of calculating the maximum limit of the numbers of animals kept, the progeny of

any dog or cat lawfully kept will be exempt for a period of 12 weeks after their birth.

ANIMAL SHELTERS

The owner or occupier of any land on which animals are kept must provide reasonable shelter in

accordance with the Council requirements.

ANIMAL LITTER

No person in charge of a dog may allow any part of the dog's excrement to remain on any road,

street, nature strip, reserve or public or Council land.

Any person in charge of a dog in a municipal place must have at all times in their possession bags,

containers or other facility for removal of that dog’s excrement from the municipal place or road

and must produce such facility upon the request of an authorised officer.

No person in charge of a horse may allow any part of the horse’s excrement to remain on any

road, street, nature strip, reserve or public or Council land, when specifically requested by the

Council or an authorised officer to remove the excrement.

Geez - those restrictions are pretty tough! Luckily I am looking for a dog property out of town but hope they don't implement them too soon! Also wonder why Nil reptiles are allowed yet no limit to tortoises???

Thanks for posting that Munchin! :o

The WCC at its best!

Edited by jerojath

Guest Pandii

And horses are NIL

The guy 4 houses down has at least 4

and some one near here has pigs because I have seen them in my front yard

Jerojath, have been giving the ear problem some thought, if I was to buy the correct stuff over the counter are you able to teach me how to clean them please

Thanks Munchin, for posting all that info, the only thing im a bit unclear on is basiaclly it is saying for now if you have permission to have the animals that you have then thats fine, say in my case 4 dogs 3 is the limit and I have a permit for number 4 but after 5 years it will change, I guess they are not going to make me get rid of two dogs but more likely asses the situation and Ill have to apply for a permit to keep the extra 2??

What do others think they will do?

Tenties how many are you allowed to have in the Moyne shire? or is there no limit??

Im just checking out the photos will try to get some on this arvo.

Hey Pandii, the Butcher shop was sold out in 20 mins!! You would think if they were going to have a special they would at least have enough to last the time!!

Just a quick question about the photos, there is a lot with people in them so is there anyone who would prefer thier picture not be posted and only the dogs cause I can crop out people, just thought id better check before i post some. There are not real good but all the doggies look like they are having fun!!

Jerojath your girls are lovely and obviously very devoted to you!!

Pandii, Tyson and Seb are great, I think your right about Ty, he would make a great therapy dog!!

RJ, Your big boy is georgous, and little sniff is very cute.

Tenties, your little pups (sorry I cant remember thier names) are so cute, I think they think they are big dogs too!!

Shannon, We love Maws, and Migs, glad Mawson didnt pee on me today!!

I was really impressed with how all the dogs got on today, I thought they were all very well behaved, and we cant wait to do it again soon!!

Edited by tlc

Here are a few pics from today, will add more later.

IMG_2967.jpg

IMG_2972.jpg

IMG_2973.jpg

I was very proud of Tully getting over her fear of bigger brown doggies

IMG_2974.jpg

IMG_2975.jpg

Boof and Cooper checking out the girls

IMG_2981.jpg

Sweet Sebbi

IMG_2984.jpg

IMG_2993.jpg

beautiful girls

IMG_2994.jpg

IMG_2996.jpg

Hey tlc you can post me but can you shrink me first :D

Hey guys that was great. Rreally enjoyed the romp and both the dogs have been asleep all arvo (sooks, no stamina)

Jerojath I do appologise about the ummm air humping , but I am sure boof enjoyed it :thumbsup::laugh::) although I have to say those girls of yours are pretty special If they go missing hehehehe dont bother looking at my house cose I would hide them way too well for you to find them LOL. And you and your wife are more than welcome to come look at my frogs anytime. just p.m me and I can give you my address and ph no's.

Tenties your dogs really really havent looked in the mirror have they LOL they think they are boofs size hehehehe one day I am going to whisper the truth in there little ears hehehehehehehe I love the tricks pip? can do little show off LOL.

Cant believe what a great bunch of dogs they ALL are. Will happily do this again and LOL next timne I wont be a sook and I will let both off lead for a bit longer hahahahaha.

Mawson I will ask about flyball on Sunday and let you know after that as WE are REALLY interested in it :)

tlc do you still think the dogs that you had the problem with are Ridgies after seeing my guy???? and your guys where great with all the dogs and oh so cute LOL I want to steal them too.

Pandii dont think we will have a prob with sniff and ty after today they do like to play together, which is great after that other incident :)

ok I have rambled enough for 6 posts doh there goes my post count DOH.

Cheers Janet