2009 Brags Thread

No fair point Piper - I wasn't really feeling up to it why should she have been any different. Yes it might have cooled down by the time the trial started but it was still 40 when we arrived even Kenzie was definitely showing signs of feeling the heat yesterday (well more than she had been) and didn't have quite her usual energizer batteries.

And actually to be fair it wasn't that her UD work was bad - I had agreed with Ptolomy that I would withdraw her if she made any errors for the interests of the fact we had done little training and it was hot. She managed 28/30 for seekback which compared to the disaster of a seekback we had in that ring the last time we trialled in the same ring (actually the last trial we entered) where she was just being a little cow it wasn't bad. The mistake she made going out to the box was a genuine confusion not her blowing me off. There was sort of a mound in the ring (enough that the judge mentioned being careful during the heelwork) with sand then a darker green patch of grass and raced out to the dark green patch of grass. The judge was surprised that I had opted to withdraw and not continue. It wasn't as though I was pulling teeth. It wasn't a half hearted effort so I guess I was just being a bit unfair on her last night. Suppose coloured by her open performance after which I really thought she should have done better in.

Ah well thats trialling for you.

Rivsky - little feral seemed to have fully recovered this morning. Maybe she was feeling the heat too. They both had a lovely swim at the beach this morning early and Kenzie has come home, woofed down her breakfast and then proceeded to want her frisbee thrown so I think that she has recovered ok. Maybe it was just something she ate or the heat or goodness knows what.

Oh and I did find one positive out of last night - I got complimented on having a nice drop signal for my DOR :thumbsup: . So there you go Ptolomy all that flogging seemed to have paid off.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We almost passed novice... almost!!! Some how, stil not sure how, but we passed heelwork!! 34/40! Don't know how! 30 for SFE, 38 for recall, and then when we came to COP, Jess suddenly forgot how to drop :) I guess there is a first for everything! Think we might be doing dumbell next year :D

But.. she stayed!!! Jess... the dog that has about 10000 fails due to sit stays.. STAYED! Trust her to pass stays when we weren't passing :thumbsup:

Still very proud of little Jessie for working in the heat :rofl: Only one 0, I can live with that :(

We almost passed novice... almost!!! Some how, stil not sure how, but we passed heelwork!! 34/40! Don't know how! 30 for SFE, 38 for recall, and then when we came to COP, Jess suddenly forgot how to drop :) I guess there is a first for everything! Think we might be doing dumbell next year :D

But.. she stayed!!! Jess... the dog that has about 10000 fails due to sit stays.. STAYED! Trust her to pass stays when we weren't passing :thumbsup:

Still very proud of little Jessie for working in the heat :D Only one 0, I can live with that :(

I thought you were both doing great out there until COP. I felt so sorry for you, I know what it's like :rofl: Even tho' you didn't pass Jess did well on the exercises that she's failed in the past so there's light at the end of the tunnel for you both. I'm sure you'll get that CD title in the new year :D

Well done DSO - you don't have to pass to be really happy with your kids :mad and the hot weather made it even more impressive. WELL DONE :D

I hope that you asked the judge for a credit on your sit stays so that you can use it next time :(

Rubystar - I have just watched the video of your Friday night round and Ruby really was a good girl ;)

Hmm - interesting that nobody wants Blaize - I wonder why :(

Ness - I think you did the right thing pulling Ness out after she failed and a rest over Xmas break will do you the world of good and allow your batteries to recharge :)

Rubystar - I have just watched the video of your Friday night round and Ruby really was a good girl :(

Awww geez you get to see it before me!! How'd that happen? No fair! :( I need to see it to believe it, it felt like she was wide the whole time. But I know from past experience that it most of the time feels worse than it really is cos you can't see your dog! Will I get to see the vid tomorrow night? :mad

:( I just said to Ptolomy in a PM Blaize would make the perfect match for Ness if Blaize possibly didn't want to eat her for breakfast :( .

Not sure my yard could cope with Beans and her holes unless she has matured :mad .

Edited by ness

Rubystar - I have just watched the video of your Friday night round and Ruby really was a good girl :(

Will I get to see the vid tomorrow night? :(

I will do a deal 6.30 in the car park tomorrow night :D

This sounds like a dodgy deal or something :mad I'll bring the suitcase in exchange for the video :)

WOO HOO DSO!!!! I know how you must feel so that's amazing!!!! Huge congrats to you!!!

another brag for us today! Leo gained the final pass for his ADX title!!!! So proud of my man!

Kinta did no good - her handler stuffed her up in excellent jumping and she didn't get her weave entries today :rolleyes: Why can she weave a treat at training but never at a trial!!!!!

Congrats to Ptolomy and Leopuppy - fantastic results. And well done to those dogs who did lovely things for their owners, even if the score sheet doesn't show a Q.

Lp - love the photos - especially the last one - Kinta looks as though she really knows how well she's done. And had to laugh about you speaking in signals. Did that one time - Sam didn't sit, judge says "Make your dog sit" - I say "Sit." Judge says -"I carefully said make your dog sit :cry: ". As Ptolomy says - you usually only do it once - so you've got it out of the way now.

Kirra and I only had one Q at an agility weekend - but a nice one - 1st and only qualifier in one Open Jumping run - course just really suited us - nice feeling. Although we had no Qs in 6 runs yesterday, it was still a good day - for the first time ever, we had no DQs for the day :cry: - for us - that's big. Mostly little faults (my handling mostly) and a clear Master Jumping, but with 1 or 2 time faults.

Wow, there are some awesome achievements in this thread :hug:

Mine is not so grand, but my boy is learning to ignore dogs he used to have a lunge at and last Sunday he was spectacular. He was up the front of the class being used for clicker demonstrations and didn't lose his head over the staffy sitting neaby staring at him. I've very proud of my boofer.

Wow, there are some awesome achievements in this thread :mad

Mine is not so grand, but my boy is learning to ignore dogs he used to have a lunge at and last Sunday he was spectacular. He was up the front of the class being used for clicker demonstrations and didn't lose his head over the staffy sitting neaby staring at him. I've very proud of my boofer.

:mad And so you should be, jaybeece. A good reminder that some of our biggest achievements with our dogs aren't measured in Qs.