Fun Heeling Games

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:rolleyes: SD - but problem with the wind up Kenzie bear is the longer you play heeling for the more OTT she becomes and then she just decides stuff yah and attaches herself to your sleeve :confused: . As for her recalls well hmmmm we need some serious work on application of brakes :rolleyes: . Her retrieves are for the same reason going to be difficult due to lack of brakes on the return. I have to say I think she has been watching that Moe Strenfel foundation dvd in my absence as there is a lot in there about having the dog jump up in front to receive there reward - Kenzie seems to have taken that as gospel :thumbsup: so she will coming flying in and throw herself at me.

Now SD are you sure that you are just not trying to delay entering a trial?? ummmm. tell the truth! :rolleyes:

Um, yes....I am delaying :rolleyes: I am THE worst fibber so I don't even try!

The 'judge' at FOO last night asked if we were trialling yet......when I said no and explained that I think he has a bit more to give in the heel work, she was very understanding and said I was right not to rush. She had some nice things to say about his work which was very encouraging. I've been waiting for FOO this year and the cooler weather......then I don't think we will have much more of an excuse......unless I can find something :thumbsup:

:rolleyes: actually considering each of the sessions is only $10 (so $40 for the weekend) and the value of the information that she is bound to share it makes it a very good deal to attend - especially if you have free accomodation :confused: . Forms and money have to be submitted by the 6th of April and they can be downloaded from the DogsSA website :thumbsup: .

WOW what great value - Gees I might need to consider coming over for it..... :rolleyes:

In-laws are wrapped with my potential Adelaide visit - and have already worked out which bus I need to catch and when they can drop me in the car :laugh:

Flights are really cheap too!

Just spoke with OH and he is supposed to fly to Sydney on the Saturday for ANZAC day......he is going to try to swap with someone so he can do the Melbourne gig instead :)

Fingers crossed please :cool:

In-laws are wrapped with my potential Adelaide visit - and have already worked out which bus I need to catch and when they can drop me in the car :laugh:

Just spoke with OH and he is supposed to fly to Sydney on the Saturday for ANZAC day......he is going to try to swap with someone so he can do the Melbourne gig instead :)

Fingers crossed please :cool:

Going to throw a spanner in the works and tell you that you really need to take a dog and get a working spot!

Fingers crossed please :)

Going to throw a spanner in the works and tell you that you really need to take a dog and get a working spot!

Nooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!! In-laws' Sheltie will have an apoplexy :cool:

I think there are only working spots for agility though? And the dog has to be at trialling level....which we are not!

That is correct SD - only working spots for agility for dogs at trialling level and minimum of 18 months - which I wasn't too happy about at all :laugh: :cool: - anybody think I could pass my 13 month old baby off as a pre-trialling 18 month old :) .

Thanks for these suggestions - they are awesome!!!!!! I was just trying to think of some new heeling games to play with my crew :cool:.

Ptolomy - how do you use more than one squeaker? Do you have on in each pocket, play the 2 toy game or is there a special game you play that utilises both?!

:)

All geared up to do more heeling with the fatty now :laugh:

Thanks for these suggestions - they are awesome!!!!!! I was just trying to think of some new heeling games to play with my crew :cool:.

Ptolomy - how do you use more than one squeaker? Do you have on in each pocket, play the 2 toy game or is there a special game you play that utilises both?!

:)

All geared up to do more heeling with the fatty now :laugh:

Yep have an i-sqeak in all my pockets - play with the dog and then leave the current i-sqeak on the floor and start heeling again. This acts as a distraction and you can either release the dog to get it when you reward or produce another one from your pocket.

Thanks for these suggestions - they are awesome!!!!!! I was just trying to think of some new heeling games to play with my crew :).

:o

All geared up to do more heeling with the fatty now :D

Yep have an i-sqeak in all my pockets - play with the dog and then leave the current i-sqeak on the floor and start heeling again. This acts as a distraction and you can either release the dog to get it when you reward or produce another one from your pocket.

Awesome :) That's what I've been doing and it's really helped improve heelwork :D

Even had treat containers, tuggy toys, pigs ears etc all scattered around and toys in my pocket.... they absolutely loved it and heeled around thinking "What am I going to get next?!!?!?" It's very amusing when they see something on the floor and press harder against your leg as if to say "OMG - did you SEEE that thingy on the ground mum?! See - I didn't even LOOK :thumbsup: " :laugh: