Bloat

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad she seems to be on the mend. I had a Dobe bitch with GDV twice and bloat once. It is an emotional roller coaster as you will know un twisting and getting things back where they should be are just the beginning. She will need to kept very very quiet for the next few weeks.

My vet told me never to fees more than 3 cups of food at any one meal(if dry food need to consider swelling of the food once in the stomach). ALso do not let her guts water and get a belly full. My Dobe had her last surgery at 7 and a half and died from old age related problems at 12 so while stressful, they can be okay.

I really feel for you all and am glad it is looking okay, my best wished to you all.

Thanks again everyone for the well wishes!

Millie came home this morning and has spent the day flat out. She was a bit active this afternoon, trying to keep her quiet is going to be tougher than we thought. She is the crate in the loungeroom at the moment and is getting taken out the front on lead for toilet breaks, away from the other dogs.

So far, so good. She is licking at her stitches a little but hopefully everything else heals well. It's been quite a ride.

Great news that Millie is home :-)

Hope she had a good night & everyone got some rest.

wishing Millie a smooth recovery and the hoomans a wee drinky or two to relieve the stress !!!!

fifi

• 2 weeks later...
Great news. Don't be complacent about her food though, small meals often for the next few weeks. Her outside will be looking better than her inside.

Not at all, she is on 4/5 small meals a day and will continue on them for a while to come, not taking any chances :thumbsup:

Lizzy, if you check out the links posted at the start of this topic it will give you more information