What Do You Feed Your Dogs

I tried a variety of different dog food, from Beneful, Pedigree All natural and Purina One.

Surprising my dog did actually quite well on Beneful.

Pedigree all natural didn't work for her-poor condition, laziness and lack of energy.

Purina was the best result she had tones of energy, however purina one only came in 7kg bag.

So i wanted a bag that lasted a while, i found Proplan 17.5kg AT $110 at pets at home and was pretty impressed with the reviews and she thriving! She loves it and HAS A MARVOULOUS coat condition and fanastic energy levels. She got no gunky eyes. She now 10years old & 7month

I also tried advance, however she had gunky eyes, lack of energy, but still excellent coat conditon, however i find that it too high in fat for her.

I got a discount voucher for $10 for Science diet 7.5kg dog food, so i be trying that soon. However Science diet is just too expensive for me

Just finishing off Advance and then Proplan, then she be given the science diet treat.

She also gets human scraps and raw bones & the odd fresh whole apple-particular lately as she stealing the neighbour dog bones-that worries me because they appear to be chicken wings and i have no idea if there raw or cooked.

Royal Canin large breed puppy.

We originally fed science diet but the dog wind was rediculous.

RC fixed that.

Once we have finished this bag we are going to change to an adult food (still RC) as Knuckles needs to tone up a bit and although we have reduced the amount we are feeding her she isnt cutting weight.

Cheers

Bob

Encouraging if you do a quick search of this forum you will see that we have many a 'what do you feed' thread! :):rofl:

I feed raw to two of my dogs and a combination of raw and Royal Canin to my third. However, I am looking at changing her over to Artemis.

Royal Canin large breed puppy.

We originally fed science diet but the dog wind was rediculous.

RC fixed that.

Once we have finished this bag we are going to change to an adult food (still RC) as Knuckles needs to tone up a bit and although we have reduced the amount we are feeding her she isnt cutting weight.

Cheers

Bob

Sorry, but what do you mean by "dog wind"? was it bad for the dog?

What does Dr Chris recommend? :thumbsup:

The show just wouldn't happen to be sponsored by Purina would it?

Purina was the best result she had tones of energy, however purina one only came in 7kg bag.
Edited by poodlefan

Our guys are on Supercoat-Chicken Adult for the 18 month old.

The 3 & 10 yr old are on Supercoat Lite & Mature.

Tried the Purina/Pro Plan as I won several bags but I found the 3 yr old just blew up like a balloon even with extra excercise.

It didn't do much to the 18 month old either.

I buy them in the 18kg bags to last longer.

Also boiled fine chicken mince with pasta or rice, a shared can of sardines once a week.

Plus yogurt & cheese every now & then.

Raw bones occassionally.

BB

At the moment feeding Advance along with chicken frames or chicken wings.

They have also done pretty well on Pro Plan, but local store doesn't stock it. Despite all the hype around Eagle Pack, didn't find it was that great for my guys. The Kelpies were fine on Supercoat but it didn't agree with Diesel who has skin issues and LOTs of poos.

I did part raw/part Orijen with Buster, he did okay. I switched to completley raw for a few months and it wasn't great for him.

Now he eats probably 50%raw, 20% Artemis kibble and 30% restairant leftovers. I work in a bistro so a couple of nights a week I bring home Eye Fillet, Rump Mignon and Porterhouse for him lol, aswell as fish, chicken breast, leftover vegies etc.

This works really well for him, lots of energy, loves his food and I've seen a big difference in his coat condition.

She also gets human scraps and raw bones & the odd fresh whole apple-particular lately as she stealing the neighbour dog bones-that worries me because they appear to be chicken wings and i have no idea if there raw or cooked.

How is your dog stealing your neighbours dog bones? Do you let your dog roam, or do you not have a fenced yard?

How do you know they are chicken wings? If you know they are chicken wings then you must be able to tell if they are cooked or raw, or have you just seen your dog eating them, if that is the case why would you let your dog eat something that you have not given it?

Advance for Large Breed - main diet

will mix yogurt or sardine with dry food sometimes, mash pumpkin and carrot sometimes (just so she doesn't get bored with the biscuits)

Raw chicken neck/frame 3 times a week

Lamb shank, beef neck bones once in a while (like once a week)

She loves sardine

I cook a stew using beef mince, pasta and frozen mixed veggies then add rose hip granules and garlic powder but I worry whether raw would be better? They love it however and wont eat commercial dog food any more. :cry:

I cook a stew using beef mince, pasta and frozen mixed veggies then add rose hip granules and garlic powder but I worry whether raw would be better? They love it however and wont eat commercial dog food any more. :cry:

Definitely Robbi :cry: Dogs are designed to get all the needed nutrients from raw food and cooking it means that the meat loses a lot of those essential nutrients.

If you want to feed raw do a search on here for raw feeding or BARF, there is heaps of info around :cry: