Behaviourist In Melbourne?

menacebear dont be too hard on yourself ... what a life to be medicated, penned up or in pain.

sometimes freedom comes like this, I have done this with my own dogs. Yes it hurts but you have done what is right for Jamaica and your family

fly free boy :laugh: you were obviously adored by all

None of us have the benefit of a crystal ball to guide us. You made a decision - the hardest one of all, at that. I'm so sorry that the burden of this decision had cause to befall you. It is a horrible one to make and if you are like me, you know you made the only decision you could that felt responsible and for the good of all, yet you feel dreadful for having the right to make that decision and acting on it. It causes pain simply for how conflicting that notion is. Not to mention your pain of loss. It is obvious that you and especially, by the sounds, your OH, loved Jamaica. Comfort yourselves knowing that.

RIP Jamaica .... run free, happy and without distress, at the Rainbow Bridge :laugh:

Thank you to everyone for your kind replies. I know it was the only sane, sensible choice we could make in the circumstances and without a doubt the most responsible. If we had of not done it we would be basket cases everytime we came or left the house wondering if he had done something and wondering which dog was going to greet us, the kind loving happy dog or the one who wanted nothing to do with anyone. Unfortunatly it is also the choice which has caused us the most pain. My OH had no idea it was going to hit him so hard and has been devestated. Jammi was his first ever dog and we just didn't get long enough with him. It's funny that this is a dog who caused us so many problems, from boiling your blood when he vanished at the park to putting me in hospital with a infection from his bites and yet we still loved him and would have given anything for it to not have come to this.

All our dogs are together in a very large dog run and we would seperate him from them when it came feeding time. Again you'd never know if you'd actually be able to get them out of the pen without him having a snap at one of them or at you. It would always depend on which mood he was in. We always said it that he would have to go if he attacked Menace or one of our 3 border collies. The fight with Bundy was almost able to be swept aside because Bundy is a young pup and may have done something to provoke him or jumped on him the wrong way. But even during that tiff Bundy tried to submit and leave the fight and Jammi just kept attacking him. My BRD Clifford, who is the sweetest, gentelest dog who yelps if you raise your voice, actually jumped in and got Jammi off Bundy. But then when he turned on Menace, who is 12 years old and whos back end is serverly giving way, not 5 minutes after this it was the last straw. He had menace by the throat and was trying to shake him. Thank god Menace is so big as he was unable to do any damage. My heart was in my throat when he got my baby. It would have been a terrible way for an old man to lose his life. Again Clifford proved his worth and took Jammi out, saving Menace's life in my opinion. I'd often told my OH that Jammi would take the choice out of our hands and he truely did it.

I will be forever thankful to Clover who was able to come with me while I took him to the vet and had the unthinkable done. My OH was unable to come with us and I truely think if he had of been there we would have walked back out of that vet clinic witha heavily sedated dog dragging behind us. She gave me the strength to go through with it and now the memories will haunt her to. To see such a proud, powerful animal lying broken on the floor is enough to haunt the strongest of us. Thanks mate, your the best and after this I will love you for the longest time ever XXOO :birthday: :D :angel:

Thank you to everyone for your kind replies. I know it was the only sane, sensible choice we could make in the circumstances and without a doubt the most responsible. If we had of not done it we would be basket cases everytime we came or left the house wondering if he had done something and wondering which dog was going to greet us, the kind loving happy dog or the one who wanted nothing to do with anyone. Unfortunatly it is also the choice which has caused us the most pain. My OH had no idea it was going to hit him so hard and has been devestated. Jammi was his first ever dog and we just didn't get long enough with him. It's funny that this is a dog who caused us so many problems, from boiling your blood when he vanished at the park to putting me in hospital with a infection from his bites and yet we still loved him and would have given anything for it to not have come to this.

All our dogs are together in a very large dog run and we would seperate him from them when it came feeding time. Again you'd never know if you'd actually be able to get them out of the pen without him having a snap at one of them or at you. It would always depend on which mood he was in. We always said it that he would have to go if he attacked Menace or one of our 3 border collies. The fight with Bundy was almost able to be swept aside because Bundy is a young pup and may have done something to provoke him or jumped on him the wrong way. But even during that tiff Bundy tried to submit and leave the fight and Jammi just kept attacking him. My BRD Clifford, who is the sweetest, gentelest dog who yelps if you raise your voice, actually jumped in and got Jammi off Bundy. But then when he turned on Menace, who is 12 years old and whos back end is serverly giving way, not 5 minutes after this it was the last straw. He had menace by the throat and was trying to shake him. Thank god Menace is so big as he was unable to do any damage. My heart was in my throat when he got my baby. It would have been a terrible way for an old man to lose his life. Again Clifford proved his worth and took Jammi out, saving Menace's life in my opinion. I'd often told my OH that Jammi would take the choice out of our hands and he truely did it.

I will be forever thankful to Clover who was able to come with me while I took him to the vet and had the unthinkable done. My OH was unable to come with us and I truely think if he had of been there we would have walked back out of that vet clinic witha heavily sedated dog dragging behind us. She gave me the strength to go through with it and now the memories will haunt her to. To see such a proud, powerful animal lying broken on the floor is enough to haunt the strongest of us. Thanks mate, your the best and after this I will love you for the longest time ever XXOO :birthday: :D :angel:

Clifford sounds like a very brave/clever dog.