Vale Nanna-bear

masador

:provoke: The moment we first met, you lay your great head in my lap looked up at me and I knew we were meant to be together. You changed our lives with your gentle loving nature and although we didnt realise it our world began to revolve around you. Our home became a place of monogrammed drool towels, we stopped wearing black, squeaky toys that lasted no more than ten minutes lay peaking from under chairs. A car whose windows and rear seat were glazed with drool and smelt like wet dog from your daily swim in the dam and we got so used to stepping over you to put wood in the fire that we do it still without thought.

Even before the heroic deed that took you from us you were my Hero. You saved my life. You were the reason I lived through horrendous cancer surgery, when things were darkest and the will to live had left me my children kept telling me that if I left you would not understand -you would think I had anbandoned you. And so I fought not for me but for you and as I got better all I could think of was that if I could make it home and lay my head on your neck and wrap my arms about you I would be ok. After a month in ICU and time in the ward they let me home and all the tears and the pain and horror that I couldn't reveaL to my family who had dealt with so much already were released on your great shoulders. You became my self appointed assistance dog. When I didn't have the strength to rise out of a chair you lent me your strength when I could walk no more than a few steps it was you who were there to steady me. You were always my hero and your last effort to protect your family cost you your own life. The snake that took you paid with its life but oh how i wish you had not seen it that my daughter and her horse had been elsewhere that day- that that day had never happened....You fought so hard to stay with us and we did everything to try to save you but in the end it was no good.

The grief I feel is enormous, the house is too quiet , too clean. i miss your face Henry-bear. I will miss you forever...

:thumbsup: The moment we first met, you lay your great head in my lap looked up at me and I knew we were meant to be together. You changed our lives with your gentle loving nature and although we didnt realise it our world began to revolve around you. Our home became a place of monogrammed drool towels, we stopped wearing black, squeaky toys that lasted no more than ten minutes lay peaking from under chairs. A car whose windows and rear seat were glazed with drool and smelt like wet dog from your daily swim in the dam and we got so used to stepping over you to put wood in the fire that we do it still without thought.

Even before the heroic deed that took you from us you were my Hero. You saved my life. You were the reason I lived through horrendous cancer surgery, when things were darkest and the will to live had left me my children kept telling me that if I left you would not understand -you would think I had anbandoned you. And so I fought not for me but for you and as I got better all I could think of was that if I could make it home and lay my head on your neck and wrap my arms about you I would be ok. After a month in ICU and time in the ward they let me home and all the tears and the pain and horror that I couldn't reveaL to my family who had dealt with so much already were released on your great shoulders. You became my self appointed assistance dog. When I didn't have the strength to rise out of a chair you lent me your strength when I could walk no more than a few steps it was you who were there to steady me. You were always my hero and your last effort to protect your family cost you your own life. The snake that took you paid with its life but oh how i wish you had not seen it that my daughter and her horse had been elsewhere that day- that that day had never happened....You fought so hard to stay with us and we did everything to try to save you but in the end it was no good.

The grief I feel is enormous, the house is too quiet , too clean. i miss your face Henry-bear. I will miss you forever...

They leave a giant footprint on our hearts that seem to never heal...

people say you will get over it.....na...I say you get around it...

Stay strong and he will be with you....

Thank you so much for your messages. I re-read the post and even now there is so much more that he was I just dont seem to have the words. I was so lucky to have had the time we had and I will treasure his memory forever.

Henry Bear you are a HERO and you have made many people very grateful for your precious gift LIFE.

Hugs to all the family on the loss of your courageous Henry Bear.

Amoungt us all are Heroes all kinds and shapes

J xox

:o The moment we first met, you lay your great head in my lap looked up at me and I knew we were meant to be together. You changed our lives with your gentle loving nature and although we didnt realise it our world began to revolve around you. Our home became a place of monogrammed drool towels, we stopped wearing black, squeaky toys that lasted no more than ten minutes lay peaking from under chairs. A car whose windows and rear seat were glazed with drool and smelt like wet dog from your daily swim in the dam and we got so used to stepping over you to put wood in the fire that we do it still without thought.

Vale Henry Bear, your earthly deeds have been done, but your spirit will live on in the hearts of those who shared your love. Condolences to you all... How special you must have been to be picked by Henry-Bear to love.

• 3 weeks later...