Rec's For A Dog Kennel Please

Anastascia

Hi all, I am looking to purchase a dog kennel for my 5 month old beagle puppy. I want something that is well made and waterproof. It will be going in our courtyard in an undercover, well sheltered area.

Does anyone have any suggestions or links to websitess with good kennels? I am in Brisbane northside.

Many thanks

Edited by Anastascia

ive looked into a kennel when my girl was sleeping outside, but i found a decent kennel to be far to expensive.

i was given one for free and its great but still, even that was about $300

google how to make a dog kennel and there is some great ones you can make that are wind proof ect, could make it for under $50,

ive looked into a kennel when my girl was sleeping outside, but i found a decent kennel to be far to expensive.

google how to make a dog kennel and there is some great ones you can make that are wind proof ect, could make it for under $50,

Thanks APBT, will do! I love making things out of wood so could be a good weekend job. Many thanks

Thanks APBT, will do! I love making things out of wood so could be a good weekend job. Many thanks

no problem, ive been trying to find the link i used to have its a great dog kennel and the way its's wind proof and insulated

as soon as i find it il post it up

EDIT: found it http://www.angelfire.com/nc2/uniquekennels...eblueprints.htm

Edited by APBT

no problem, ive been trying to find the link i used to have its a great dog kennel and the way its's wind proof and insulated

as soon as i find it il post it up

EDIT: found it http://www.angelfire.com/nc2/uniquekennels...eblueprints.htm

hi ive just brought one from pet direct in sydney a canvas one , warm in winter cool in summer brand name is houndhouse -for only $155 including delievery my dog loves it

BIG THUMBS UP for hound house love them

Light easily demountable, up off the ground, clean, warm

and even woosy whippets love them

How do you think a houndhouse would fare if it was NOT under shelter?

I've been struggling to get the ideal one that would provide good shelter, be waterproof etc.... I do not have a carport or verandah, so the kennel has to be pretty much a stand-alone thing. I have found most of the ones you can buy from regular pet barns etc are not very well designed. All the plastic ones are on ground level (no feet) so the minute it rains it splashes inside...

And I have got 2 left hands so building something nice myself is not an option :)

Seeing that it is going into a well sheltered undercover area how about just using a crate?

If you got the plastic ones you could just cover it over with a blanket and make sure you put loots of nice bedding in it.

If you got a wire one I believe you can get canvas covers for them and again you would put nice bedding into it.

with the houndhouse kennels u can buy a water proof spray to cover it with as ive done and u can buy a door flap that just attaches to the canvas , i love it , off the ground perfect !!!!

Burpengary Produce sell a reasonably priced wooden kennel with a lift up colourbond roof. I have a few of them.

The only downside I have found is the nails arent strong enough when one of my fully grown labradors, that has just had a bath and decides they want to throw themselves into the walls and floor rubbing themselves. :( But I normally just get a hammer and some nails and its fixed in no time.

Hi all, I am looking to purchase a dog kennel for my 5 month old beagle puppy. I want something that is well made and waterproof. It will be going in our courtyard in an undercover, well sheltered area.

Does anyone have any suggestions or links to websitess with good kennels? I am in Brisbane northside.

Many thanks

Hi Anastascia

Is it just for during the day or at night also? Will your cav and beagle puppies use it together as you only mentioned your beagle?

I use a Hound House during the day under a pergola, although I wouldn't recommend it for overnight use as it just isn't warm enough.

How about some pics of your babies?

• 11 months later...

Many thanks

Hi Anastascia

Is it just for during the day or at night also? Will your cav and beagle puppies use it together as you only mentioned your beagle?

I use a Hound House during the day under a pergola, although I wouldn't recommend it for overnight use as it just isn't warm enough.

How about some pics of your babies?

Bumping up this old thread.

I never purchased a kennel as I just used a big plastic crate I bought second hand. That worked really well in Brisbane but now I am in Canberra, it's freezing, and the crate has way too much ventilation!

Any rec's for kennels down here?? It will be used during the day only for keeping warm and out of the weather.

TIA