July Photography Challenge

Ashanali

Oh R & A Love your shots especially the one where the light looks to be coming out of the bottle, How did you get that effect??

Shell, your shots are awesome too, Is the last one in Sepia or is it strait off the camera?? Well done, love the sexy lesbian vampires!!

RJ, you are going great guns, The bundy bottle is my favorite, did you have the light behind the bottle??

Mmmm....secret of trade...:laugh:

Glow sticks :) in and out of the bottle finishing with an 'out' and away from the bottle. (Had a red glow stick behind the bottle, giving the red light effect on the back of the bottle)

• Replies 480
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well after thinking about it for a few days, I finally roped a few friends into making a late night trip to the cemetary with me for some photo taking. It was a little creepy but the results were great!

The front door to a family crypt:

3684712820_b82e8ef5c8.jpg?v=0

This one would've been better if it wasn't mounted on marble! The marble makes it look grainey when it's this small:

3683898961_cabd07c6a3.jpg?v=0

They were supposed to be dead in this but meh, it turned out well anyway - I call this photo "sexy lesbian vampires" :cooldance: :

3684714058_81999b29ea.jpg?v=0

3683902015_b8c132ecc5.jpg?v=0

Mourning

3683902597_3ca22b9091.jpg?v=0

evilgrin0017.gif nice work love them

evilgrin0041.gif

evilgrin0041.gif

Oh R & A Love your shots especially the one where the light looks to be coming out of the bottle, How did you get that effect??

Shell, your shots are awesome too, Is the last one in Sepia or is it strait off the camera?? Well done, love the sexy lesbian vampires!!

RJ, you are going great guns, The bundy bottle is my favorite, did you have the light behind the bottle??

Mmmm....secret of trade...:cooldance:

Glow sticks :cry: in and out of the bottle finishing with an 'out' and away from the bottle. (Had a red glow stick behind the bottle, giving the red light effect on the back of the bottle)

Very clever!!

DA Please post, gee if I can post mine anyone can!!

Pointee, great shots, both of them excellent!!

Is everyone using manual focus?? Just curious because I did last night but usually I illuminate the subject get the camera to focus then turn the lights off then shoot.

Another question for those doing the challenge with dslr what lenses are you guys using??

Is everyone using manual focus?? Just curious because I did last night but usually I illuminate the subject get the camera to focus then turn the lights off then shoot.

Another question for those doing the challenge with dslr what lenses are you guys using??

Yes using manual focus, I do everything in full darkness. Shutter speed at 4" F6.8

ETA: ISO 400

Edited by Roxy_n_Axle

Ok :love:

Want to do some more tonight and use some better light i think.

Not really focused well and pretty crap but: :p

P1014897.jpg

P1014906.jpg

P1014917.jpg

Ive got some better ones loading which is just using natural light

Edited by Dust Angel

I'm just using my kit lens for the challenge which is a EF-S18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS - the camera was on manual for everything, including focus. I shine my torch on a detailed point of something, get that in focus and then use a remote trigger to set off the camera.

Maybe we should start posting the exif data?

3684713572_dd37e84589.jpg?v=0

Camera: Canon EOS 450D

Exposure: 30 seconds

Aperture: f/20.0 - I can set the number higher on my camera but didn't like the look of the shots I took with it set that high.

Focal Length: 53 mm

Exposure: 0.00

ISO Speed: 100

Flash: Off, Did not fire

I'm loving the absolute bottle pointeeblab! It looks like a promotional shot!

The one of your girl sleeping is great DA - I'm not game enough to try anything that I can't control. At least with my friends, I can say to them "I'm about to shine the torch on your face, stay very very still" - with Zero I'd just wake him up! I love the second shot in your natural light photos too. That needs to become a loldog!

Edited by ~*Shell*~