Proplan On Sale

I was out checking out the newhomemaker centre at Gepps Cross today and discovered they ahve a pet store in there called Pets Domain.

As you walk in the door they have large bags of Proplan on sale. All large bags reduced by $20. For the normal adult variety this comes to $90 per bag, Sensitive skin and stomach is $100. I am not sure on prices of the other varieties.

Where the rest of their dog food is theyhave a sign up for Proplan, Advance and I think Eukanuba that if you spend $200 or more there is 10% off the price. I am not sure with the proplan sale if this is on top of the already reduced price should you want to stock up.

There is also a Pets Domain at Gawler, not sure if the same sale is on there or if it is just an opening special.

I checked out the Pets Domain at Gepps Cross just after it opened - hoping it would be a 'good' pet shop.

But no - the back wall is a glass display of oodles and other DD's. :wave:

It's a franchise business, based mainly in QLD I think.

So I turned round and walked straight back out, vowing never to return :(

I checked out the Pets Domain at Gepps Cross just after it opened - hoping it would be a 'good' pet shop.

But no - the back wall is a glass display of oodles and other DD's. :wave:

So I turned round and walked straight back out, vowing never to return :(

I did the exact same thing :mad What a shame as it is a huge big store.

I'll be in adelaide on the 1st and 2nd. Hoping to pick up some Proplan, it is easier then posting 400kms.

If anyone could please keep this thread updated on cheap proplan in Adelaide; that would SERIOUSLY rock!

Yep new Pets Domain store out at Gawler (well Evanston I think) and we did the same thing, walked in thought beauty nice big store with lots in it, then discovered the glass cages with the DD's.

Don't think they appreciated us standing there commenting on their $1,100 SamoyedxGR puppy, picture 2 people talking very loudly as to why the hell you would you buy a crossbred puppy of those 2 breeds when you pay about the same or less for purebred puppies of which both of those breeds are gorgeous dogs and don't need crossing :wave:

Think they were about to tell us to leave, before we both turned around and left never to return. :(

Edited by Melo

But no - the back wall is a glass display of oodles and other DD's. :)

So I turned round and walked straight back out, vowing never to return :)

I know, I was very disappointed. I walked in hoping it was another petstock type place but was sad to see the wall down the end. Didn't venture right down there.

P&K Pets, 19 Magill Rd Stepney has Pro Plan for $90.00 (saving close to $40 bag) too, they do not sell puppies either. The special is for a limited time as they are bringing out 15kg bags (rather than the $17kg) that is made in Australia.

Pets Domain is based in Tasmania, it isn't a franchise rather, run by directors on behalf of Investors, it is also affiliated with Natures Best Grains. They have over 15 stores so far but aim for close to 100. The only way to prevent the spread is to support the smaller stores before they get squeezed out. I believe they sold between 10-15 pups on the opening weekend at Gepps Cross. So Industry gossip whispered!

DDs are what the general public call designer dogs.

DDs are crossbreds, mutts, mongrels. etc.

Ah, that's what I thought, thanks.

I agree it is wrong but I don't think you can stop it while the demand from the public is there.

We can hope for legislation, but I wouldn't hold my breathe for that either.

P&K Pets, 19 Magill Rd Stepney has Pro Plan for $90.00 (saving close to $40 bag) too, they do not sell puppies either. The special is for a limited time as they are bringing out 15kg bags (rather than the $17kg) that is made in Australia.

Just went and grabbed a bag, they are selling for $99 for a 17kg (not $90).

But still a saving of about $19 :thumbsup:

I went in and checked out the one at Gawler , looked around prices good BUT then spotted the puppies up the back sorry but I will NOT support any pet store that has puppies and kittens in them no matter what bargains they have.