Hitting The Ring For The First Time

angelsophie

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I missed meeting you all this evening - thanks for the SMS Poocow - I made it across the bridge eventually but I missed the Fields and the GSP's and a few others in the ring .... I did get to watch a little bit before I had to head back home to feed the animals but not as much as I wanted to and I didn't want to walk around peeking into gazebo's calling out DOL names to strangers :thumbsup: .... but I'm aiming to make the show training on Tuesday night (but likely to be without a dog and just watching to begin with I think) ......

Hey all -

how did all the newbies go??

we had a good weekend Toby got a hat trick this weekend with 3 BOB out of 3 shows :D We had competition at 2 of those shows so I was pleased :thumbsup:

And a HUGE congrats to Mr Chester Bear - aka Silverino Moon Rocket (the Ark's min pin) who in his first step out into minor beat an older bitch for BOB!!!

:rofl::rofl::cheer: :D :D He looked awesome out there Deb!!

Bec

Hey all -

how did all the newbies go??

we had a good weekend Toby got a hat trick this weekend with 3 BOB out of 3 shows :thumbsup: We had competition at 2 of those shows so I was pleased :D

And a HUGE congrats to Mr Chester Bear - aka Silverino Moon Rocket (the Ark's min pin) who in his first step out into minor beat an older bitch for BOB!!!

:rofl::rofl::cheer: :D :D He looked awesome out there Deb!!

Bec

WHOOOOOOO HOOOOO Go TOBY!

Gona have to give him extra big cuddles next time I see him!

Kite bombed out in the show on friday and then took Reserve challange on the saturday morning, she had good competition and I was so very proud of her and definately didnt expect it at all LOL! :D

Well done everyone! I can't wait to get back into it now!

What time is training tomorrow??

6.30pm I saw nikki at general specials and its def on :(

we'll be there

Ok awesome :) Thanks. I was just sitting trying to think of the time, and couldn't remember for the life of me!

Ok, so I am brand new...!!

So say u have a baby puppy bitch. You go in the ring with all the other baby puppy bitches.

How does it work???

First you all go around together? and then line up?? Then the judge might ask u to do a triangle?? then u come back to ur place? Then if the judge points at u you are best? THen he will pick a reserve?? Then if u are best u come back in after with the baby puppy dogs??

I have no idea? How do u know when to leave the ring? etc

Can anyone tell me how it works?

Thanks

Ok, so I am brand new...!!

So say u have a baby puppy bitch. You go in the ring with all the other baby puppy bitches.

How does it work???

First you all go around together? and then line up?? Then the judge might ask u to do a triangle?? then u come back to ur place? Then if the judge points at u you are best? THen he will pick a reserve?? Then if u are best u come back in after with the baby puppy dogs??

I have no idea? How do u know when to leave the ring? etc

Can anyone tell me how it works?

Thanks

Nope ok you started well but got lost some where in the middle, baby puppys dont get a reserve ect they arnt able to get points till they are over 6 months and in the minor class.

So say there are three baby puppy bitchs in your class, the steward will tell you what to do, either go round then stack or sometimes they get you to stack first, if its your first time let the steward know and they will guide you as best they can. After the judge has gone over the pup they will ask for an up and back or triangle then once all three pups have been gone over the judge will usually point at first second then third. And if you win your class and there isnt a baby puppy dog you go straight thru to baby in group if there is a baby dog you have to run of against him for baby of breed.

Am I making sense?

Most important thing is to listen to the steward and judge and klet them know its your first time showing and they will generally be very helpful!

Edited by sammy_ballerina

Show training goes back tonight :flame:

Hope there's no new puppies to make me clucky :)

LOL what show training do you go to poocow? I was reccomended on in sydney, apparently the lady is very good and its worth the drive ;)

Luci Ellem :rofl: she loves the moo