Hitting The Ring For The First Time

angelsophie

Hi All,

I'm probably adding a pup to our family that *may* be of show quality.

Anyway, I'm wondering if there's anywhere in the western suburbs of Melbourne where show training takes place, as I'm a total newbie to showing. And I think that I'll need all the help I can get. I've had a quick look through this topic, but it's too long to go through properly!

Thanks in advance

Nik

Edited to add: I know it's on a Bulla, but that's a good hours drive for me, as is KCC park (although that's probably further)

Hey Nik,

The only show training that I know of is at Bulla 7.30 pm on Wed nights... I haven't been yet because at the end of a long day it's just a bit much. I really really really need to go though.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

not sure guys I might head there about 6 and see :thumbsup:

Ash - cant wait to be in a baby line up with Jazz and Cuteso! How much fun is that gonna be!

cya there :thumbsup:

atleast it ups our chances of someone in our group taking it out LOL! :cry:

Didn't see you there, Hunterhound?? We were told last night that it is starting at 6pm from now on, because it is getting too cold & dark. It will be on in 2 weeks' time, so hopefully we'll get to see you there. :)

Might I just say that I am getting so much out of show training! It is quite a drive for me, and a bit tricky juggling kids, but Nicky & Sam have so many tips that it is well worth the drive! After having Aurea lunge around the ring last night (happily, though, which is great :)) it was so nice to get Dragon out and have him motor around the ring like he does it every day. He's a good boy (when he's not pulling washing off the line, or ripping standard roses out of pots.... :)). Got to love a puppy.... :laugh:

I haven't been able to make it for weeks...but does anyone know if show handling training is still on at Hillsborough on Tuesday, seeing that daylight savings has ended. If it is on..what time is it starting & is it this week??

Toby had so much fun but he came home exhausted!! Poor baby LOL

Didn't see you there, Hunterhound?? We were told last night that it is starting at 6pm from now on, because it is getting too cold & dark. It will be on in 2 weeks' time, so hopefully we'll get to see you there. :)

Might I just say that I am getting so much out of show training! It is quite a drive for me, and a bit tricky juggling kids, but Nicky & Sam have so many tips that it is well worth the drive! After having Aurea lunge around the ring last night (happily, though, which is great :) ) it was so nice to get Dragon out and have him motor around the ring like he does it every day. He's a good boy (when he's not pulling washing off the line, or ripping standard roses out of pots.... :) ). Got to love a puppy.... :laugh:

I haven't been able to make it for weeks...but does anyone know if show handling training is still on at Hillsborough on Tuesday, seeing that daylight savings has ended. If it is on..what time is it starting & is it this week??

:cheer: nobody loves me, everybody hates me, think I'll go eat worms.................

hmmm that reminds me time to worm the new puppy :) at least she loves me :cheer:

completely and utterly jealous of your new baby!!!!

Toby had so much fun but he came home exhausted!! Poor baby LOL
Didn't see you there, Hunterhound?? We were told last night that it is starting at 6pm from now on, because it is getting too cold & dark. It will be on in 2 weeks' time, so hopefully we'll get to see you there. :cheer:

Might I just say that I am getting so much out of show training! It is quite a drive for me, and a bit tricky juggling kids, but Nicky & Sam have so many tips that it is well worth the drive! After having Aurea lunge around the ring last night (happily, though, which is great :) ) it was so nice to get Dragon out and have him motor around the ring like he does it every day. He's a good boy (when he's not pulling washing off the line, or ripping standard roses out of pots.... :) ). Got to love a puppy.... :laugh:

And yep kite was toast when she got home she slept in my bed...spolit? i think not!!! :)

Mine were still hypo when we got home. bwoken :laugh: LOL

I agree both the girls have fantastic ideas to try with Peach, even though it makes me look crap! Gives me plenty to work with for practicing at home. Wont make it next fortnight though, doing a favour for my boss and working a Tuesday where i'll finish late.. Might talk OH into meeting me there and i'll be half hour late.

Ive gone late before as one go round is better than none. Yep no matter what the habit or bad behaviour of the week nikki has always found a strategy that works.

Like what I was doing to him on the table as soon as she told me it was a lightbulb moment. I swear he will be in veterans class and I will STILL be going to training with him :provoke: :D

Bwoken - i think not! sparky was ready for brace I want to steal him and do obedience with him :cool: I need a I :) sparky tshirt. Funny moment of the night was janelle and I with the toy toy dogs on the ground - look back and there is a sooky pointer and aussie that have been picked up off the cold wet grass!! nice tough dogs!

Ive gone late before as one go round is better than none. Yep no matter what the habit or bad behaviour of the week nikki has always found a strategy that works.

Like what I was doing to him on the table as soon as she told me it was a lightbulb moment. I swear he will be in veterans class and I will STILL be going to training with him :cool: :D

Bwoken - i think not! sparky was ready for brace I want to steal him and do obedience with him ;) I need a I :provoke: sparky tshirt. Funny moment of the night was janelle and I with the toy toy dogs on the ground - look back and there is a sooky pointer and aussie that have been picked up off the cold wet grass!! nice tough dogs!

Kite likes being picked up for cuddles! :) Shes such a sook :D Sparky is well.....Sparky!!!

I think the I heart Sparky shirts could be a go'er :D