Hitting The Ring For The First Time

angelsophie

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am having such a hard time wrapping my brain around how all the classes work and when I need to go back in the ring etc. aaaarrrggghhh Lucky I'm only showing one dog at the moment or I would be in all sorts of trouble :cheer::cheer:

:( Yes Ive only ever had one dog of each breed now I have 2 x pointers BITCHES (and they are bitches :champagne: ) and this weekend is hooties first weekend in minor and looking at numbers they should both be in the challange line ups so i have to find handlers :laugh: i have a few options fingers crossed someone wants to handle the wild child thou!

You should so teach me how to handle a pointee in the ring hahahaha :eek::laugh:

I am having such a hard time wrapping my brain around how all the classes work and when I need to go back in the ring etc. aaaarrrggghhh Lucky I'm only showing one dog at the moment or I would be in all sorts of trouble :cheer::laugh:

:( Yes Ive only ever had one dog of each breed now I have 2 x pointers BITCHES (and they are bitches :champagne: ) and this weekend is hooties first weekend in minor and looking at numbers they should both be in the challange line ups so i have to find handlers :laugh: i have a few options fingers crossed someone wants to handle the wild child thou!

You should so teach me how to handle a pointee in the ring hahahaha :):(

:cheer: Dont tempt me...cause I could be arranged! :eek:

I am having such a hard time wrapping my brain around how all the classes work and when I need to go back in the ring etc. aaaarrrggghhh Lucky I'm only showing one dog at the moment or I would be in all sorts of trouble :laugh: :nahnah:

I know exactly what you mean!!!!

Most of my shows there have only been one or two dogs there... so when there are a few dogs I get completely lost! 10 months in I'm starting to get a clue... although you should have seen me at the Varieties of Bichon Speciality when Lola won BIS in the Open show... and on top of having to work out when to go in or not I had to work out when to have my photo taken and ended up never in the right place... embarrassing... but anyway :rofl:

Sammy - i havent entered sweepies as yet still trying to get a hang of everything, do you do show training lessons still? im looking for lessons...

I hope to see your pointer at a show :eek:

:bolt: a neo baby i need to get myself back into the ring! I'd even get to sit in awe of your baby being in your ring! haha, definately a motivator! Where are you located? There is also show training at raymond terrace.....but I would reccomend hills over it.

Hello Jessm :eat:

i live at rutherford, i may try and get to hills for training next week tuesday. Raymond terrace would be better but couldnt get any info and was told they dont do it?? Where are you located?

Sammy - i havent entered sweepies as yet still trying to get a hang of everything, do you do show training lessons still? im looking for lessons...

I hope to see your pointer at a show :eek:

:bolt: a neo baby i need to get myself back into the ring! I'd even get to sit in awe of your baby being in your ring! haha, definately a motivator! Where are you located? There is also show training at raymond terrace.....but I would reccomend hills over it.

Hello Jessm :eat:

i live at rutherford, i may try and get to hills for training next week tuesday. Raymond terrace would be better but couldnt get any info and was told they dont do it?? Where are you located?

Rain, I'd go the bit further and do the Hillsborough training - it's worth the drive. I have gone in from Raymond Terrace in the past (can't now because the kids have swimming lessons on Tuesdays).

Hi The Ark :bolt:

My daughter has swimming lessons tuesday arvo 5-5.30pm so will rush to get to Hillsborough for 6.30 unless hubby can watch her lol. So will make the effort to get to Hills then as i so need lessons, i have no idea what im doing running around the ring!

I am having such a hard time wrapping my brain around how all the classes work and when I need to go back in the ring etc. aaaarrrggghhh Lucky I'm only showing one dog at the moment or I would be in all sorts of trouble :eek::eat:

Most of my shows there have only been one or two dogs there... so when there are a few dogs I get completely lost! 10 months in I'm starting to get a clue... although you should have seen me at the Varieties of Bichon Speciality when Lola won BIS in the Open show... and on top of having to work out when to go in or not I had to work out when to have my photo taken and ended up never in the right place... embarrassing... but anyway ;)

Congrats on Lola's win, that must have been so exciting :D

I think it is going to take me a lot longer than 10 months to get it all worked out :bolt: In fact I can see myself in 10 years still with no clue what I'm doing :o

I am having such a hard time wrapping my brain around how all the classes work and when I need to go back in the ring etc. aaaarrrggghhh Lucky I'm only showing one dog at the moment or I would be in all sorts of trouble :vomit::eek:

Most of my shows there have only been one or two dogs there... so when there are a few dogs I get completely lost! 10 months in I'm starting to get a clue... although you should have seen me at the Varieties of Bichon Speciality when Lola won BIS in the Open show... and on top of having to work out when to go in or not I had to work out when to have my photo taken and ended up never in the right place... embarrassing... but anyway :laugh:

Congrats on Lola's win, that must have been so exciting :laugh:

I think it is going to take me a lot longer than 10 months to get it all worked out :p In fact I can see myself in 10 years still with no clue what I'm doing :mad

You'll get some idea way sooner than that, Gumnut! Even if you don't try, it kind of seeps into you somehow.... (says she who regularly misses taking dogs back in for their respective classes in group because she isn't paying attention.... :D :vomit: ).

I am having such a hard time wrapping my brain around how all the classes work and when I need to go back in the ring etc. aaaarrrggghhh Lucky I'm only showing one dog at the moment or I would be in all sorts of trouble :D :(

Most of my shows there have only been one or two dogs there... so when there are a few dogs I get completely lost! 10 months in I'm starting to get a clue... although you should have seen me at the Varieties of Bichon Speciality when Lola won BIS in the Open show... and on top of having to work out when to go in or not I had to work out when to have my photo taken and ended up never in the right place... embarrassing... but anyway :p

Congrats on Lola's win, that must have been so exciting :D

I think it is going to take me a lot longer than 10 months to get it all worked out :confused: In fact I can see myself in 10 years still with no clue what I'm doing :rofl:

You'll get some idea way sooner than that, Gumnut! Even if you don't try, it kind of seeps into you somehow.... (says she who regularly misses taking dogs back in for their respective classes in group because she isn't paying attention.... :o :D ).

I hope you are right The Ark :D

Hello Jessm :confused:

Ahk, it's been a while since I went to training at r/terrace, so they may have stopped. It used to be on of a weds night. Like The Ark said, hills is a lot better anyway, I only went to the terrace for convenience and it didnt help me a whole lot, they didn't have a proper set up so you dont really get an idea of anything (if you are a complete newbie like me!) and the trainer wasn't the most reccomendable! Im from raymond terrace.

Is hills training this tuesday? If it's nice weather and I have a chance of meeting a neo baby I might just go!! How old is your baby? any photos?!

I am having such a hard time wrapping my brain around how all the classes work and when I need to go back in the ring etc. aaaarrrggghhh Lucky I'm only showing one dog at the moment or I would be in all sorts of trouble ;) :laugh:

Most of my shows there have only been one or two dogs there... so when there are a few dogs I get completely lost! 10 months in I'm starting to get a clue... although you should have seen me at the Varieties of Bichon Speciality when Lola won BIS in the Open show... and on top of having to work out when to go in or not I had to work out when to have my photo taken and ended up never in the right place... embarrassing... but anyway ;)

Congrats on Lola's win, that must have been so exciting :o

I think it is going to take me a lot longer than 10 months to get it all worked out :rofl: In fact I can see myself in 10 years still with no clue what I'm doing :D

You'll get some idea way sooner than that, Gumnut! Even if you don't try, it kind of seeps into you somehow.... (says she who regularly misses taking dogs back in for their respective classes in group because she isn't paying attention.... :D :rofl: ).

Hahaha or you do my thing and stand near the ring going 'what did the steward say?' 'which class is this?' 'are they up to intermediate yet?'

Hello Jessm :laugh:

Ahk, it's been a while since I went to training at r/terrace, so they may have stopped. It used to be on of a weds night. Like The Ark said, hills is a lot better anyway, I only went to the terrace for convenience and it didnt help me a whole lot, they didn't have a proper set up so you dont really get an idea of anything (if you are a complete newbie like me!) and the trainer wasn't the most reccomendable! Im from raymond terrace.

Is hills training this tuesday? If it's nice weather and I have a chance of meeting a neo baby I might just go!! How old is your baby? any photos?!

Yes tomorrow night if im correct, i can't make it now as we were meant to pick up our 4wd from the mechanics today but wont be ready til end of week now, bummer! was to be my first night of learning, as my next show is this sunday and i dont know what im doing :laugh:

There are photos in the breed sub forum - neapolitan mastiff

Edited by Rain

Hello Jessm :D

Yes tomorrow night if im correct, i can't make it now as we were meant to pick up our 4wd from the mechanics today but wont be ready til end of week now, bummer! was to be my first night of learning, as my next show is this sunday and i dont know what im doing :(

There are photos in the breed sub forum - neapolitan mastiff

Hi Rain,

Shame you cant make training tonight as we are going!

We will be at the show on sunday (mum and I) not showing just watching so if you need any help with anything (and we can find you) we are more than happy to help out! :o We are only realitively new ( been showing 2 and abit years now) but will help answer any questions we can! :(

Get out Rachel! Hootie/whitey are my second handling dogs (when I am actually there, you can be second pick :( )

You've so been fired! :o Unless you can out to T and Claires fine work this weekend!

We had a sucessfull weeken last weekend. Hooters first show in minor and the young girl got 2 x RBCCs with lots of decent competition! Niles was the star for the weekend with 2 x puppy in groups 2 x BOBs (beating his grand champ dad and his siter both times) and he finally cracked it with a PUPPY IN SHOW! We were very happy with his results!

Thanks sammy, i will definatley be at show training for the next one in 2 weeks. they are saying it will be 33 degrees this sunday, eck! i hate the heat.

Im going to be doing the 18th and 19th at Morriset in december, should be fun :) Santa will be there lol

You've so been fired! :) Unless you can out to T and Claires fine work this weekend!

I shall do my utmost to fall over in front of you :rofl:

I'll be there as well tonight, just me and the Aussie as OH is at work (WAHOO! no pointee!!)