Hitting The Ring For The First Time

angelsophie

We had our first show last friday at Hillsborough and have another coming in October at Hillsborough, anyone else come in here that is doing it? We are in Utility. :rofl:

RAin we were most likely at those shows I just havent been in here for ages. Are you entered anywhere soon? What sort of dog do you have so we can all keep an eye out!

Hi all, We've just entered our first ever show so we have less than a month to get ready and we're really not ready :rofl: . I feel a little odd since he's never been shown and he's in junior class and i have virtually no clue on how to show. I'll be getting some one on one training this Friday so we'll see how we go.

Wish me luck.

Hey pixie good to see you hitting the ring! One on one training will be good for you, its really not that hard but it does take abit of training outsiode the show ring and some dogs are naturals and some arnt...wheres your boy from?

He is from Argowan at Newcastle. He's got great personality, its more a matter of calming him down around other dogs that'll be the problem. i'm nervous but excited.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

We had our first show last friday at Hillsborough and have another coming in October at Hillsborough, anyone else come in here that is doing it? We are in Utility. :champagne:

RAin we were most likely at those shows I just havent been in here for ages. Are you entered anywhere soon? What sort of dog do you have so we can all keep an eye out!

Hi all, We've just entered our first ever show so we have less than a month to get ready and we're really not ready :happydance: . I feel a little odd since he's never been shown and he's in junior class and i have virtually no clue on how to show. I'll be getting some one on one training this Friday so we'll see how we go.

Wish me luck.

Hey pixie good to see you hitting the ring! One on one training will be good for you, its really not that hard but it does take abit of training outsiode the show ring and some dogs are naturals and some arnt...wheres your boy from?

He is from Argowan at Newcastle. He's got great personality, its more a matter of calming him down around other dogs that'll be the problem. i'm nervous but excited.

Ahhh i see, I have seen the Arogowan people around abit at shows, dont know them thou. A friend of ours shows borzios for someone around here so we get zoi's visiting our little gazebo area quit abit. They are such a different type of dog than I am used to but theres sumthing about them I really like. Alot of them seem to almost float around the ring! :rofl:

And now you are showing maybe you will end up with a show pointer eventually..if you enjoy yourself of course :rofl:

Hiya Sammy :rofl:

I have a neapolitan mastiff, i should be at hillsborough again in november, 3 day show then.

Good luck with showing pixie meg :rofl:

So hubby has shown twice now and i have shown once lol im hooked, i want another show puppy !!

Hopefully it all goes well.

She is prone to going a little hyper though. At least it is indoors so I don't have to worry about rain and mud.

You should've seen her sister's display on Saturday morning... She was aptly named "the loud one" by the judge. She would.not.stop.BARKING!!!!!!!!! And instead of gaiting around the ring decided that she would try and see if she could go visit every single dog she saw that was walking outside the ring! :rofl: I'm sure it can't get much worse than that :rofl:

I will be at Sunbury on cup day.

This week we are showing at Southern Cross.

Everytime I take Alera to training she starts off by trying to visit every dog in the ring but once she goes around a few times she settles nicely.

I am hoping to get her there early enough to work off some of her energy or at least make it not as interesting as food anymore once she has seen everything. She does love food so I can get her attention easily.

While she is a big barker at home she does not do it as much out of the house so I hope she keeps to that. She can get slightly annoying when in a talking mood.

Edited by Evolving

Everytime I take Alera to training she starts off by trying to visit every dog in the ring but once she goes around a few times she settles nicely.

I am hoping to get her there early enough to work off some of her energy or at least make it not as interesting as food anymore once she has seen everything. She does love food so I can get her attention easily.

Yeah having a food driven dog makes life a lot easier! Unfortunately for us, Fable couldn't give a flying piece of fur about food which is fine for her other training, but in the ring is very limiting in how you can bait her! I have been known to bait her with a rock that she was playing with before we went in the ring :rofl:

Hiya Sammy :rofl:

I have a neapolitan mastiff, i should be at hillsborough again in november, 3 day show then.

Good luck with showing pixie meg :laugh:

So hubby has shown twice now and i have shown once lol im hooked, i want another show puppy !!

OMG neo baby...I will definately keep an eye out for you at the next lot of shows...do you normally enter sweepies?

Yeah having a food driven dog makes life a lot easier! Unfortunately for us, Fable couldn't give a flying piece of fur about food which is fine for her other training, but in the ring is very limiting in how you can bait her! I have been known to bait her with a rock that she was playing with before we went in the ring :laugh:

Um yes we had a pug that liked to bait for leaves so mum would take a container of leaves to every show rather than treats just incase we went to a show ground that had no leaves LMAO...yes mums abit odd! :rofl:

We had our first show last friday at Hillsborough and have another coming in October at Hillsborough, anyone else come in here that is doing it? We are in Utility. :D

Hi all, We've just entered our first ever show so we have less than a month to get ready and we're really not ready :eek: . I feel a little odd since he's never been shown and he's in junior class and i have virtually no clue on how to show. I'll be getting some one on one training this Friday so we'll see how we go.

Wish me luck.

Ahhh i see, I have seen the Arogowan people around abit at shows, dont know them thou. A friend of ours shows borzios for someone around here so we get zoi's visiting our little gazebo area quit abit. They are such a different type of dog than I am used to but theres sumthing about them I really like. Alot of them seem to almost float around the ring! :)

And now you are showing maybe you will end up with a show pointer eventually..if you enjoy yourself of course :laugh:

Pointers are still on my list. :thumbsup:

Alera is lovely Evolving!

Rain, Show training is held at Hillsborough every second Tuesday night (this Tuesday) starting at 6:30 if it isnt raining! Cost is $2 per dog!

We go as well with a red merle Aussie shepherd and SB's pointers brother, Frank