Do You Go To Dog School In The Rain?

Sitting here listening to the rain and trying to get up the oomph to go to agility training!

Thinking about watching Masterchef and Desperate Housewives.... A glass of wine and the fire....

How dedicated are you? Do you turn up to class in all weather? I used to but must be getting soft!

I've not long returned back for a walk and run at the park in the rain with my boy. It was actually super pleasant with no-one else around save for us and the water fowl :laugh:. And Mandela went really well and also had a lot of fun running around. So I didn't even have "class" as a motivation. But if it were outside agility - I'd skip it. Too slippery. Too much unnecessary risk for injury.

I think I deserve to now put my feet up, sit back and sip on a red wine. Wish the 'dinner fairy' would slip by to cook dinner :(.

I never used to go to obedience in the rain, but I had the perfect excuse - my dog shut down and refused to work in the rain! My new pup doesn't seem to be worried by the rain she's encountered so far, so I may not have that excuse this time round... :(

I also don't think I'd go to agility in the wet though - wouldn't working on the slippery equipment risk injury, or at best just teach the dogs to run slowly and cautiously?

Ditto JulesP I am getting soft. With my 9 year old we use to trek out to dog school regardless of the weather conditions. Now with my 15 month old I am quick to decide that staying home in the warm might be much more sensible. Thats not to say we won't head out for a walk in the rain - did that this morning, just figure sometimes that I can do that in the light and stay home when its cold and wet and dark :( . Also figure I can usually achieve a lot training at home inside anyway so no real point going to club, if I could work on something at home.

Agility is usually called off here if it's raining... The ground gets so soggy so fast, it gets closed by the council!

I used to go to obedience training in the rain though... But we don't train at a club anymore.

Agility has been cancelled a lot this year due to rain - the council closes the grounds when they get wet and soggy.

Yeah thats normally the case with ours too.

With show training we have a hall to use instead so thats ok.

Rain, cold, dark, miserable We have done them all.............They laugh at us and say, knew you would be here.

Have gone for an earlier class, instead of waiting for the later class

Edited by newfsie

Noooooooooooo

But Leopuppy is probably out there freezing her bum off.....

Sigh.

:laugh:

Nope - was my week off this week.... at least I hope it was :)

Took the dogs for a walk, but that was all I could muster :laugh:. Now I'm in bed sick :rofl:

I haven't had to yet, but I'm sure the day will come! I think I might have to go and purchased water proof clothing to be prepared. Maybe even a raincoat for my boy! I'm determine not to miss a lesson for as long as possible.

Not very sick in bed your still on here :laugh: .

Well I'm copying some stuff for a certain someone! Does that count?!

ETA: as for me - it depends on the day as to whether I'll trek out in the rain :)

Edited by leopuppy04

Rain, hail, sun or snow. :laugh:

Unfortunately I end up at training in some not so great weather because it can change so much in an hour and a 1/4 drive north. I.e was borderline sleet yesterday morning, pouring that heavily that the water wasn't able to drain off the road and the windscreen wipers couldn't keep up. Didn't get a drop on me at training! :laugh:

I used to love early classes at obedience in crap weather because the classes were so much smaller and your general joe public doesn't tend to show up when it's raining.

Still train in the rain for agility, our ground holds up amazingly well but always much more careful about what I do and ask for.

And yes we ended up training in the snow one day... didn't do much other than get wet and bloody cold but we had fun. :)