Tv Dog Trainers

Who would you choose?  

80 members have voted

1. 1. You have to hand your dog over to be trained by a TV trainer. Someone has a gun at your head and you have to pick one. It is...

• Barbara Woodhouse
    • Dr Ian Dunbar
    • Cesar Milan
    • Victoria Stilwell
    • Dr Harry
    • Other TV trainer - please name in comments
    • Just shoot me

I picked Cesar just cos I love him, but I think he's a dog psychologist not a trainer? *shrug* I can't not choose him though :laugh:

Dr Harry is really a vet but in his role on TV he showed people how to train dogs so I'm calling him a TV dog trainer for the purposes of my unscientific poll.

This is a funny poll (funny ha ha, not funny peculiar!) :laugh:

I couldn't decide between Ian Dunbar and just shoot me.

Mind you, after a few very bad experiences with my previous dog, I now hate other people training my dogs, no matter how "expert" or "qualified" they are supposed to be.

Just shoot me!!! :laugh:

Actually, can I pick other? I'd let Kayce Cover, Patricia McConnell or Steve from K9 Force take the lead from me (is Steve famous enough? Perhaps not, sorry. The others aren't actually on telly either, I don't think, although they are both quite famous). But only after they've explained to me EXACTLY what they're going to do, and believe me I'd be watching them like a hawk the entire time. :)

Edited by Staranais

I totally hate handing my dog over to anyone - however for the purposes of the pole, I choose Caesar as he is not a trainer as such, and is the least likely to stuff something up that I am trying to train.

When Dr Harry can put a chain collar on the correct way around then he could be considered for the poll, Steve Austin is up there, some of them I haven't ever seen working with dogs so can't choose them.

I am thinking just shoot me is close to the first pick...............................

I went looking Barbara Woodhouse clips online and there are none on YouTube. This one crashed my browser and then my computer when I tried to download the plugin. :)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/ilove/years/1980/tv1.shtml

It's a BBC website tho', so perhaps Windows users might have better luck.

Edited - curses, the clip of Dr Harry singing Alice Cooper's Department of Youth won't play on YouTube either darn it all :eek:

Edited by SkySoaringMagpie

Victoria Stillwell as she appears to be a fantastic example of a pack leader, very sensible and practical approach to things.

ETA: Unless you mean you have to be on the TV show and then I choose "Just shoot me"

Edited by molasseslass

Mind you, after a few very bad experiences with my previous dog, I now hate other people training my dogs, no matter how "expert" or "qualified" they are supposed to be.

How about "dog swap", just like "wife swap"?

Owner of hounds swaps with owner of working breeds. Owner of toy breeds swaps with owner of utility breeds. Providing everyone has a base level of dog skills it could be pretty amusing.

Edit: FS

Edited by SkySoaringMagpie

How about "dog swap", just like "wife swap"?

Owner of hounds swaps with owner of working breeds. Owner of toy breeds swaps with owner of utility breeds. Providing everyone has a base level of dog skills it could be pretty amusing.

Edit: FS

What, if they give my dog a huge over-correction, I can give their dog one back too, kind of thing? :) Nah, I think I'll still pass.

(I should clarify - I'm joking, of course. And the idea you describe does sound like funny TV. I still wouldn't care to participate though, since I like being the only one who rewards my dog, and I definitely wouldn't like a stranger correcting her, especially in my absence.)

What, if they give my dog a huge over-correction, I can give their dog one back too, kind of thing? :) Nah, I think I'll still pass.

(I should clarify - I'm joking, of course. And the idea you describe does sound like funny TV. I still wouldn't care to participate though, since I like being the only one who rewards my dog, and I definitely wouldn't like a stranger correcting her, especially in my absence.)

Oh yeah, in a real world I'd never do it either.