Blood In My 8 Week Old Cavalier King Charles Poo

cavalierlover

We picked up our 8 week old cavalier king charles cocker spaniel puppy two weeks ago on sunday, and noticed that when she had a bowel movement there was a small amount of blood in her poo. we bought her from a reputable breeder, and when contacted, said that it was normal for a pup to have some blood in their poop, for a few days after worming. Is this normal and correct. we have a two year old male and when we bought him home he didn't have this problem. Any thoughts would be great.

No it is not normal for a pup to have blood in their stools after worming. Is it a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel or a Cocker Spaniel you have?

she is a cocker spaniel

We picked up our 8 week old cavalier king charles cocker spaniel puppy two weeks ago on sunday, and noticed that when she had a bowel movement there was a small amount of blood in her poo. we bought her from a reputable breeder, and when contacted, said that it was normal for a pup to have some blood in their poop, for a few days after worming. Is this normal and correct. we have a two year old male and when we bought him home he didn't have this problem. Any thoughts would be great.

Cavalier King Charles Spaniels and Cocker Spaniels are two totally different breeds - is she a cross between the two breeds?

I'd be taking her off to the vet for a check up.

She is a cavalier king charles spaniel, not a cross however the breeders we bought our dogs off referred to them as cavalier king charles cocker spaniels, so i assumed that was the correct name. They are not cross breed dogs, and thanxs for pointing out the correct name for them.

Can you please post a picture of your dog/s?

What breed do you have??????

Having trouble uploading pics, maybe i could email them to you so you can have a look?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

She is a cavalier king charles spaniel, not a cross however the breeders we bought our dogs off referred to them as cavalier king charles cocker spaniels, so i assumed that was the correct name. They are not cross breed dogs, and thanxs for pointing out the correct name for them.

But you just said she was a cocker spaniel :hitself:

she is a cocker spaniel

Sorry, but they don't sound like reputable breeders at all, they sold her too young and don't even know what the breed is called! If the name they sold you the pup under is any indication I would bet that she's a crossbreed.

I found the breeder for our new pup on this website, and she also has her own webpage for her pups with quite an extensive breeding history, with many photo's and generations of dogs on her website, so she obviously is a reputable breeder . I could send you an email of our dogs if this would be o.k and you can tell me what you think?

So the 'breeder' has their puppies for sale on Dogzonline website, under Cavalier Breed puppies?

she is a cocker spaniel

Sorry, but they don't sound like reputable breeders at all, they sold her too young and don't even know what the breed is called! If the name they sold you the pup under is any indication I would bet that she's a crossbreed.

I found the breeder for our new pup on this website, and she also has her own webpage for her pups with quite an extensive breeding history, with many photo's and generations of dogs on her website, so she obviously is a reputable breeder . I could send you an email of our dogs if this would be o.k and you can tell me what you think?

So the 'breeder' has their puppies for sale on Dogzonline website, under Cavalier Breed puppies?

yes that's right

Do you have one or more dogs? You've said "my dog" and "our dogs"

we have two dogs a 2 yearold and a puppy.

So you have two dogs from the same breeder. Ok, just getting things straight in my mind. :hitself:

We neeeeed pics here. Do you have a photobucket account? You can use that to post pics. I want puppy cuteness!

If you post a picture of your pup we will be able to tell you what you have.

Has your pups poo been solid? Runny?

pups poo has been solid

If the poo is very solid sometimes they can strain so hard they burst a blood vessel which can result in some blood in their poo.

Is your other dog a cav or a cocker?

What colour is the puppy, how old is she (oops missed the bit where she was picked up at 6 weeks!!), what is the worming history (and vaccination hstory - you should have a vaccination card from the breeder's vet) and how much does she weigh? Also, did she come with a registered pedigree?

Edited by Toohey

No reputable breeder would let a puppy go to it's new home before it was 8 weeks old. It sounds like you took your pup home when she was just 6 weeks old. Not good at all.

The blood could be due to worming. Is there lots of it? And in every poo she does?

No reputable breeder would let a puppy go to it's new home before it was 8 weeks old. It sounds like you took your pup home when she was just 6 weeks old. Not good at all.

The blood could be due to worming. Is there lots of it? And in every poo she does?

she was born on the 16/5/09 and there is not alot of blood.

When you look at the papers from the breeder what breed does it say? Cocker Spaniel or Cavalier King Charles Spaniel?

her papers say cavalier king charles Blenheim

Well she is a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. Why did you think she is a cocker? Is your other dog a cocker or a Cavalier?

she is a cocker spaniel

yes that's right, that's where i found our new pup

So she is now 10 weeks.. I think

Anyway, it seems if there is not a lot of blood then she may just have had an upset tummy. Keep an eye on it and if it persists I would go to the vet, which you are anyway.

Jorj has had bloody poos.. infact no poos just blood and the vets just gave her hydrolytes and bland diet :laugh: at the time I was in a panic and even took in stool samples which the vet didn't even bother looking at :hitself:

What's her name cavalierlover? :crazy:

eta: snap kay & tlc.

Edited by KittyCat