Adt Dog Training Closed

Just got this via email - does anyone know anything about this!!!!!

Dear Member,

Over the past two years the recession has hit many companies, especially those non essential services. For those who may not be aware the pet industry is one area which has been significantly affected. Due to the current economic climate, families have chosen one aspect of their lives to save a few pennies, and ultimately in many cases it is their pets.

After 24 years in business it is with great sadness that Australian Dog Training have regrettably been forced to cease trading and close the business, effective immediately.

Every endeavour has been made to try to keep the business open for the benefit of our staff and members, however this has been in vain. Not only has this unfortunately affected our members, but also our staff who will lose their employment.

We sincerely apologise for the inconvenience this will cause, however under the circumstances we have found ourselves with no alternative.

The entire business will be closing immediately as we cannot fund the payment of our instructors, rental and other costs with running the centre, for even one more week. As stated, the reason for our closure is the financial collapse of our organisation and as such we are not in a position to offer any refunds or financial reimbursements, etc.

In addition to our centres closing, our office will also no longer be operational. Unfortunately we will be unable to field any enquiries whatsoever. As such and regrettably, this will be the final communication from our organisation.

We would like to take this final opportunity to thank our valued clients for their loyalty and support over the years. We wish you and your dogs all the best in the future.

Good luck

Edited by Kalevi

The letter came via email but was on letterhead. Yes they are still supposed to be with NDTF, they are (were) also with Wellington Park Kennels.

You just wonder how this can happen - we paid $900 for our two less than 12 months ago. Guess you've got to also feel for the folks that signed up and paid their $595 for Platinum last week, not to mention the instructors who no doubt are finding out in such an awful way.

Poo...I loved the Berwick guys, very sad.

I'm very sad to learn this, not so much as a trainer (Ihadn't worked for quite some time) but mostly as a member who received so much help from everyone at ADT and through their advice and support was able to achieve so much with my own dog :D

Berwick, Doncaster, Hawthorn, Scoreby and Watsonia, my dog Zoe was enrolled for Platinum and I got the same email, unfortunately its true.

Im just lucky im on email, I know many who arent who will turn up..

I really liked some of the trainers. :D

I should imagine the closure will have serious implications for NDTF due to the options for practical experience of students or graduates?

In the long run, maybe practical experience may benefit rescue or pound dogs????

I should imagine the closure will have serious implications for NDTF due to the options for practical experience of students or graduates?

In the long run, maybe practical experience may benefit rescue or pound dogs????

ADT was not NDTF's only "practical experience" source.

On channel 10 in the next few minutes

On VCA site

Thursday 30 July - Watch the Channel 10 News at 5pm

A Channel 10 reporter arrived at KCC Park unannounced this morning, seeking our opinion on some news that a national dog training organisation was no longer in business and that no refunds would be offered to people who had paid fees. It was a great chance to talk about the philosophy of DOGS Victoria that all dogs should be suitably-trained to live safe and happy lives with their families and communities, and to discuss the way that our many breed and Obedience Clubs did this. Thanks to some helpful members who were exercising their dogs at the time, the TV crew shot some excellent footage of the wonderful dogs that were walking about the Park, practising with their owners for upcoming events.

This may be aired tonight in the 5pm news on Channel 10 so please tune in!

Regards

Elizabeth White

ADT was not NDTF's only "practical experience" source.

Oops. Sorry Erny when we were discussing ADT training expertise years ago(and the significance of NDTF's qualification), I must have misunderstood.

Remind me, where do NDTF trainees and graduates gain practical experience?

Edited by Lablover