Eagle Pack

We have always fed our dogs a raw diet that includes meats of all description, sardines, eggs, meaty bones and of course biscuits. But we have one dog that scratches a bit and we have tried many things without success. OUr bitch has been having feet trouble lately and the vet believes its a fungal infection similar to tinea because the ground has been so wet lately.

Someone suggested we try them on a wheat free diet and that we should try eagle pack.

I was wondering who else uses this and what the results are.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

which biscuits are you using? Wheat free would be the way to go if there is skin problems

I used it and it was OK, I never got good coats out of it the way royal canin did :thumbsup: My rottweiler is allergic to most of the EP range anyway so I just gave up :rofl: others have had real success with it

there is a fish fomula (anchovy, salmon and sardine) as well as duck/oatmeal, lamb etc so at least there is a selection for you to try

We have always fed our dogs a raw diet that includes meats of all description, sardines, eggs, meaty bones and of course biscuits. But we have one dog that scratches a bit and we have tried many things without success. OUr bitch has been having feet trouble lately and the vet believes its a fungal infection similar to tinea because the ground has been so wet lately.

Someone suggested we try them on a wheat free diet and that we should try eagle pack.

I was wondering who else uses this and what the results are.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Artemis products are gluten free. There is also a grain free (Maximal) but the very high protein is a bit of a worry for me.

After years of totally raw feeding my dogs are now getting some Artemis kibble. I'm very happy with it.

There is a LOT of talk that Eagle Pack has changed, friends of mine used to swear by it, but have now changed to Artemis.

I am trialling a wheat intollerant dog on Eagle Pack Hollistic, and its good, but he is very very hungry on the prescribed amount, so I have been adding a few chicken necks to his meal as well.

I am thinking of trying Artemis, but would like to get a sample to try first, but have not been able to lay my hands on any yet.

I had Cruise on EP i tried both the Turkey and Chicken varieties, and Cruise seemed to develop an issue around his mouth. (started approx when we changed his diet to it, and has started to clear up since taking him off it) I am on the hunt for a new biscuit, as he is on Advance which I won, but his gas smells horrible!!!

I've got Darcy on Artemis Maximal Grain Free and hes doing really well on it. He can't tolerate grains in his diet and I've been really happy with how hes going on the Artemis. Hes the heaviest hes ever been on it - which is a good thing because he used to look anorexic!

Jake has been on EP holistic for a couple of years now. His coat is much better than when he was on eukanuba and no itching.

I like the duck best for him, he seems best on it.

Some people says it can make dogs' coats greasy but because Jake's was a bit flakey and dry before it probably balances him out.

Edited by Quickasyoucan

There is a LOT of talk that Eagle Pack has changed, friends of mine used to swear by it, but have now changed to Artemis.

I am trialling a wheat intollerant dog on Eagle Pack Hollistic, and its good, but he is very very hungry on the prescribed amount, so I have been adding a few chicken necks to his meal as well.

I am thinking of trying Artemis, but would like to get a sample to try first, but have not been able to lay my hands on any yet.

Contact the distributor Rysup - they sent me some sample packs.

Their website is here

I get mine from Pookinuk though.. very good suppliers!

Thank you for the link above

I have a Poodle who is driving me crazy scratching she is on Royal Canin

I have samples coming of Eagle Pack and Natural choice which is apparently close to to Eagle Pack but made in Au

I have now also contacted artemis as well

its hard to know what is best for your dog very expensive if the dog doesn't like the bag your bought without trying first

Have you treated the feet with Tinea cream??

Tinea is a common issue with dogs but very few treat it as tinea.

Go to the chemist & buy cream & wash the feet in a vinegar solution.

as for EPholistic i feed my young lad it simply due to him growing rapidly but as a product didnt like it.

We do use the power formula with much better success on some of the dogs

Thanks Poodlefan, I will contact them for a sample. I dont want to fork out all that money if it just goes straight through him.

They have quite a few different types Rysup.

My young Whippet gets the Power. The older poodles are on Seniors. I got about half a dozen sample packs so be sure to ask for all the stuff you are interested in trying. :rofl:

My dog is on EP Holistic (variety of flavours, depending on what I can find in the store) in the morning and raw meaty bones at night. You can always buy them a packet then return if your dogs don't like it...that is what the Petstock staff told me. But my dog will hardly reject anything edible---rubbish truck I have here. Yah if you feed just EP Holistic your dogs might lose some weight----my dog did that when he was sent to boarding with just EP Holistic. He came home rather thin after just 10 days.

Have you treated the feet with Tinea cream??

Tinea is a common issue with dogs but very few treat it as tinea.

Go to the chemist & buy cream & wash the feet in a vinegar solution.

as for EPholistic i feed my young lad it simply due to him growing rapidly but as a product didnt like it.

We do use the power formula with much better success on some of the dogs

I wasnt actually game enough to go and buy tinea cream but since others have contacted me and said they have done it I will give it a try. She chews her feet - over cleaning really and has done it since she was a pup and is now 4. But because we have had so much wet / damp weather this winter her feet havent had a chance to dry out.

I am reluctant to spend over $100 on biscuits - we have several dogs and Labs are pretty good doers anyway and some have suggested that it might be extra weight.