How Many Times A Day Should A Dog "go" No. 2's?

LizT

Sorry, a bit of an 'unsavory' topic but....just wondering what is normal for a dog? I know that a horses goes every two hours at least (I've counted up to 18 a day when paddock cleaning! :laugh: )

You see the dogs are fed in the evening and usually, but not always a poos follows soon after, or later on in the evening when let out before bed.

Then there is another first thing in the morning on going out.....and another later on during the morning. Then another in the afternoon. I work night shift so when I get up at 1.00 am they ask to go out and wees and poo at that time too! So that's four or five that we know of..."that we know of" you say...yes I have found evidence that they go sometime between me leaving for work and my husband taking them out at 6.00 am. They have been partaking in the dreaded crime of....POO EATING!!!! :birthday: Little poo smudged on the polished boards but no poos.

I know there will be questions about what they get to eat. Diced beef (pet quality) and Advance dry. Once a day at around 4.30 pm. Should I change the time of day I feed them?? Not sure if it'd make a difference as they seem to poo around the clock!

These little monkeys are Cavalier King Charles Spaniels and my German Shepherd who lives outdoors seems to only go a couple of times a day (I've never spotted him poo eating??) at least that is what appears to be the case as I don't clean up outdoors every day.

2 times a day. But he sqeezes everything out if he is out at the park....sometimes mushy piles my OH calls "unbaked" poo. My dog is fed 2 times a day. He does one time when he wakes up in the morning...and another time right after dinner.

take the dog off the advance. Try something different like Eagle pack, royal canin etc which is more digestable. High filler foods or low digestable protein can make more poos!

Are any of these brands Australian Made?

take the dog off the advance. Try something different like Eagle pack, royal canin etc which is more digestable. High filler foods or low digestable protein can make more poos!

What difference would it make as to where it is made. ?.If it is better for your dog.

I purchase what suits the dogs best.

Edited by oakway

What difference would it make as to where it is made. ?.If it is better for your dog.

I purchase what suits the dogs best.

If it came down to a matter of health it wouldn't make a difference one little bit. I'd get the import

BUT....as a person I generally try very hard (AND it's becoming extremely difficult these days) to BUY AUSTRALIAN MADE PRODUCTS.

Also other countrys have a different Food Administration Standard than Australian, this goes particulary for dog food too. Some can put in many things that are disallowed here.

This countrys' economy has been going down the gurgler since I first left school in 1977 and our industry is completed stuffed. The rest of the world is following suit. Check the labels on your clothes. I used to work in the clothing inductry when I first left school, now most is subcontracted offshore. I swore I would not by another packet of Arnotts biscuits when the company sold out to American in the 80's. And I haven't bought an Arnotts product since. So it makes a difference to me.

Edited by LizT

they are not australian made, Royal Canin is French and Eagle Pack is American. Neither use imported/chinese fillers and they are not irradiated. I haev used both foods and find them better and more digestable then Advance.

Artemis is made in Australia but can be very rich for some dogs.

they are not australian made, Royal Canin is French and Eagle Pack is American. Neither use imported/chinese fillers and they are not irradiated. I haev used both foods and find them better and more digestable then Advance.

Artemis is not made in Australia. It's American.

I would consider Great Barko or Uncle Alber's for the Aussie made stuff :love:

I thought Artemis was american Im sure the bag I bought was made in the US?I agree its rich it didnt aagree with my dogs at all.Its a shame coz the ingredients are good but it didnt suit my dogs

Good for you for buying Australian made, obviously our dog's health is the #1 priority but it's also so important to be keeping jobs in this country, especially in the current economic crisis.

Hill's Science Diet is Australian made and my dog does equally well on that is she does on IAMs or Eukanuba, so we opt for Hill's. (I don't feed raw or supermarket.)

There's a full list of Australian made pet products here: http://www.australianmade.com.au/directory...ct_contains=pet

Oh and she 'goes' twice a day :love:

I linked to my reference in my post, that shows which Hills products are licensed to Australian companies and made here.

So yes, while it may be an American owned company, as least the Hills Science dog food is Australian made.

My dogs generally seem to go twice a day but my dear departed Dixie would always squeeze out a poop whenever we went down the road on a lead and that could have been several times a day when I first got her because I used to take her everywhere with me! I haven't had another dog do the same.

My dogs generally seem to go twice a day but my dear departed Dixie would always squeeze out a poop whenever we went down the road on a lead and that could have been several times a day when I first got her because I used to take her everywhere with me! I haven't had another dog do the same.

Ah, nothing like a bit of exercise to get things moving!! LOL

I linked to my reference in my post, that shows which Hills products are licensed to Australian companies and made here.

So yes, while it may be an American owned company, as least the Hills Science dog food is Australian made.

Yes, it's cetainly good to try to keep Aussies in a job but it makes me mad when I think of all the Australian Companies that have been sold off to overseas concerns, so they still look like Aussie companies but all the profits still go overseas.

I used Hills previously and I believe (have been told) it's more palatable than most others (not that eating has ever been an issue with my dogs) but when I bought a puppy from an "Advance breeder" and received the Puppy Pack I was please to see it was Australian Made, which I consider to be an added bonus, so I've kept on using it.

Horrible thought......is the "extra" pooing because of the nasty poo eating episodes??? It does have to come out again??

Also would changing the time of day I feed my dogs make any difference??? I think most feed in the evenings.

Edited by LizT

Yes, it's cetainly good to try to keep Aussies in a job but it makes me mad when I think of all the Australian Companies that have been sold off to overseas concerns, so they still look like Aussie companies but all the profits still go overseas.

Oh absolutely! Australian made AND owned is the ideal, but IMO Australian made is better than a complete import.