Dap Collars

Riayn

Does anyone know if the DAP collars or other brands of pheromone collars are available in Australia?

I have seen them for sale in the US and UK, but no Australian stores seem to have them and the nurses at my vet clinic haven't heard of them.

My GSDx suffers from anxiety including fear aggression of other dogs and excessive barking when we are not at home. I am getting the DAP diffuser for the house and some Rescue Remedy, but I love the sound of the collar as it sounds the perfect solution for him when we are not at home and he isn't inside and when we are out on our daily walks.

Does anyone know if the DAP collars or other brands of pheromone collars are available in Australia?

I have seen them for sale in the US and UK, but no Australian stores seem to have them and the nurses at my vet clinic haven't heard of them.

My GSDx suffers from anxiety including fear aggression of other dogs and excessive barking when we are not at home. I am getting the DAP diffuser for the house and some Rescue Remedy, but I love the sound of the collar as it sounds the perfect solution for him when we are not at home and he isn't inside and when we are out on our daily walks.

Hi Riayn.

I order them over the net, from Amazon usualyyy. Not cheap, but great and worth the cost!

ESLE

• 2 years later...

check your online canine chemists, they generally stock them (do in the UK anyway) and want have the vets mark up on the price.

Thank's for the "heads up" with the canine chemists idea. I just placed an order for a couple of DAP collars. we are going away

for a couple of long trips in the car fairly soon & my girl is not the best traveler, gets very anxious, so you never know this collar

may just do the trick. Thank's again. :)

You could get the DAP spray and put it onto a neckerchief around the dog instead of the collar - it will last a lot longer.

On the dap spray it says not to spray on the animal or anything that will be in close proximity to the animal.

You could get the DAP spray and put it onto a neckerchief around the dog instead of the collar - it will last a lot longer.

On the dap spray it says not to spray on the animal or anything that will be in close proximity to the animal.

Wherever you spray it is going to be in close proximity to the animal - eg on bedding - using a neckerchief and allowing it to dry on before putting it on the dog is no different.

Hi,

The collars are available thru Dr Cam Day, 59 Fairfield Rd, Fairfield.

Cheers,

Annette

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone who is interested I have two unused collars; one is a DAP still in the packet but no box and the other is another brand still in the box. I bought them online from the UK but never needed to use them and forgot about them until I saw this post.

For anyone who is interested I have two unused collars; one is a DAP still in the packet but no box and the other is another brand still in the box. I bought them online from the UK but never needed to use them and forgot about them until I saw this post.

What size/s and cost please Bark? How long have you had them and is there a "used-by" date on them?

What size/s and cost please Bark? How long have you had them and is there a "used-by" date on them?

I bought them about 1 yr ago. The DAP one is a small, expires in Jan 2012 (this one will be going cheap) and the other brand expires in 2013 (I have two of those ones) which I think is a one size fits all and you cut to adjust the length. Let me double check the details and I'll get back to you with a cost (postage will extra).

The real details are: DAP collar 45cm/18in exp 13 Jan 2012 cost is free provided it's purchased with the 2 Beaphar collars.

2x Beaphar Calming Collar 70cm exp 01 Feb 2013 cost for both $50 plus postage.

Edited by bark