What Time Does Your Puppy Go To Bed

first timer

So the title says it all :confused:

Im just curious as to what time your puppy goes down for the night??

I think we may be putting Bella down to early, hence why she is waking at 5am :confused:

So I would really like to see what time others are saying goodnight to their little one...and what time are they waking in the morning ?

Puppy, or dogs?

My 6 year old goes to bed about 2pm, and gets up between 9 - 11am (when i am not working)

My 4 year old goes to bed about 9 -10 pm and is up at 5:30 every morning

Just out of interest ... your 6 yo sleeps for 19 hours ?? Goes to bed at 2pm and wakes up at 9am (ish) - the next day ?

So the title says it all :confused:

Im just curious as to what time your puppy goes down for the night??

I think we may be putting Bella down to early, hence why she is waking at 5am :confused:

So I would really like to see what time others are saying goodnight to their little one...and what time are they waking in the morning ?

FT, Archie goes to be around 10pm, maybe 15 minutes either side, and wakes up about 7. He wakes a little bit later than he used to as a younger pup (he's now 4.5 months).

What time are you putting her to bed ?

Edited by mrs tornsocks

Muddy naps during the day and he gets quite sleepy around 8/9pm but he still runs around and plays and sees what's happening in the kitchen (he thinks washing dishes = food?). If he's had a big day then I put him to bed early.

He's currently asleep at my feet with a full belly from dinner :confused:

We are putting her to bed when we do so that can range from 930pm to 1030pm....

She was sleeping till 7am but has been waking at 5am and its killing me :confused:

mmmm, I wonder why ? Does she cry and go out to toilet or just she just wake up and want to play ? How old is she now ?

When ours woke up too early for our liking, we set the alarm to beat him to it, took him out for wees, then put him back in and he was sleepy enough to go down again until a more hospitable hour, 7 or 730. I figured that if he's going to wake me up at 5am, I was going to be waking up anyway, so why not wake up at 4 and get a few hours extra sleep.

Just a thought.

She was sleeping till 7am but has been waking at 5am and its killing me :confused:

mmmm, I wonder why ? Does she cry and go out to toilet or just she just wake up and want to play ? How old is she now ?

When ours woke up too early for our liking, we set the alarm to beat him to it, took him out for wees, then put him back in and he was sleepy enough to go down again until a more hospitable hour, 7 or 730. I figured that if he's going to wake me up at 5am, I was going to be waking up anyway, so why not wake up at 4 and get a few hours extra sleep.

Just a thought.

She wakes up barking :confused: she is nearly 14 weeks ...I might try waking up before her and taking her our for a wee and see if that helps...even that extra hour would help me :confused:

My boy is 18 weeks..Sleeps all day, sleeps all night, wakes me at about 8:30am.

He is one lazy pup. He is the most unpuppiest puppy ever lol.

We sit down to watch home and away (no criticism please lol) and he usually naps on and off from then- still gets up if I get up but mostly sleeps, then we go into the room at about 9pm, which he sleeps (mostly) again, lights out is prob around 10:30pm and he crashes. Doesn't wake me till morning, like I said before, at around 8:30..I think he would sleep in longer but my older dog likes to get up and out, so once she is up we're all up.

My boy is 18 weeks..Sleeps all day, sleeps all night, wakes me at about 8:30am.

He is one lazy pup. He is the most unpuppiest puppy ever lol.

We sit down to watch home and away (no criticism please lol) and he usually naps on and off from then- still gets up if I get up but mostly sleeps, then we go into the room at about 9pm, which he sleeps (mostly) again, lights out is prob around 10:30pm and he crashes. Doesn't wake me till morning, like I said before, at around 8:30..I think he would sleep in longer but my older dog likes to get up and out, so once she is up we're all up.

My boy sleeps alot too. I posted this on DOL and a number of people mentioned more sleep required as they have growth spurts.

Not sure if yours has always been sleepy but mine was happy to sleep for virtually 9am - 1pm today, I had to get him up and outside for a play etc and then his turkey wing kept him awake for a while :confused:

My boy sleeps alot too. I posted this on DOL and a number of people mentioned more sleep required as they have growth spurts.

Not sure if yours has always been sleepy but mine was happy to sleep for virtually 9am - 1pm today, I had to get him up and outside for a play etc and then his turkey wing kept him awake for a while :confused:

Yeh he has always been a lazy boy. More so because he is growing to be a bigg boy! You have to motivate him otherwise he is happy to laze around and snooze all day! Food and sleep- his two loves in life. I'd like to think i'm in there somewhere aswell though :confused:

hi, we have eight dogs and they all go to bed when we say and dont get them up till we are ready, having so many dogs mead we cant be ruled buy them, but if we think we are sleeping in a bit then we dont bring them in till a bit later. :cry:

She was sleeping till 7am but has been waking at 5am and its killing me :cry:

Is he wanting to go to the toilet or is she wanting food? Are you feeding her when she wakes up at 5am? If not what are you doing when she starts carrying on at 5am?

Where does she sleep? The days are getting longer and dawn in getting earlier. There is every possibility that she is sensing and seeing day break so thinks it's time to get up.

can't remember if you crate her or not FT ?

Maybe if you do you might want to think about moving her (slowly) to another room.

Not sure if that will help but having you close might make her more inclinced to yap to wake you up... or you might be stirring, turning over etc and if she's sleeping lightly, that actually wakes her up ??

I take it she had another 5am wake up today ??

It didnt seem to matter what time we went to bednight, Midnight was always up at 5 or 5:30. This lasted several months but gradually she has gotten better and gets to almost 7 every day. It was so tiring getting up at 5 plus one toilet trip in the night, like having a baby!