K9 Force In Queensland

Can someone please tell me do I have to bring a crate? I don't own one and Oscar has never been crated in his six years?

He is the only one of my dogs that is not dog friendly which is why I am bringing him because he is the one that I need help with. So for this reason I wouldn't want to tie him up where any dog might run up to him.

I have never been to one of these days before so I am a bit unsure about how they work.

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can someone please tell me do I have to bring a crate? I don't own one and Oscar has never been crated in his six years?

He is the only one of my dogs that is not dog friendly which is why I am bringing him because he is the one that I need help with. So for this reason I wouldn't want to tie him up where any dog might run up to him.

I have never been to one of these days before so I am a bit unsure about how they work.

Hi Mish

From memory Camp Tailwaggers have crates there that you might be able to borrow. You don't have to crate your dog but it does make it easier especially if he is not friendly to other dogs, as it gives him somewhere to feel secure. You don't need to worry about other dogs running up to him, as the space is quite big and we all keep our dogs on leash or crated.

If you know he'd be comfortbale in (reasonably) close proximity to other dogs on leash then don't worry about crating him :love:

ETA: Just three weeks to go! :)

Edited by huski

As Huski said, if you keep him on a leash near you or tied to pole he'll be fine. Everyone will have their dogs crated or tethered so there is not chance he will have another dog run up to him.

I was lucky last year with Micha as I bought Daisy's large crate down with us. He'd never been crated before in his life (he was six years old at the time) but he was an angel and loved it. I didn't hear a peep out of him.

Daisy on the other hand loves her crate unless she wants to get out because there's tonnes of interesting things going on :thumbsup: I am dreading her barking, I don't like my chances of getting her to sit still for the day :) :)

I've got a spare metal crate if you'd like to borrow it. It's a large size, so should fit a std poodle... my frenchies are spoilt for room :)

Anyone want to car pool from Brissie??? I'm debating about bringing both dogs as they are fighting whenever the crate is around atm (stoopid territorial male) so if someone wants to share the ride I'll leave definitely leave Griffin at home.

I've got a spare metal crate if you'd like to borrow it. It's a large size, so should fit a std poodle... my frenchies are spoilt for room :thumbsup:

Anyone want to car pool from Brissie??? I'm debating about bringing both dogs as they are fighting whenever the crate is around atm (stoopid territorial male) so if someone wants to share the ride I'll leave definitely leave Griffin at home.

If you have room that would be fantastic, he is a very tall standard so if you think he would fit that would give me piece of mind.

much apreciated Michelle

Hi all I'm fairly new to DOL and have just booked a spot for this seminar as well! Looking forward to it from the sounds of it it should be a great day! I see from the posts a few are talking of a car pool I would be interested as well I'm on the northside of Brisbane. :laugh:

the weekend is a private group, not sure who but only people from that club/group are able to attend. So the one day is for those of us who are not amoung the special group who get the whole weekend!! :laugh:

Yeah damn those lucky special group people :(

We're just coming down for the Friday too :shrug:

I've got a spare metal crate if you'd like to borrow it. It's a large size, so should fit a std poodle... my frenchies are spoilt for room ;)

If you have room that would be fantastic, he is a very tall standard so if you think he would fit that would give me piece of mind.

much apreciated Michelle

I'll measure it on the weekend and then you can decide if he'll fit.

Alright... measured it or I'll just procrastinate all weekend... it's 900 L x 620 W x 680 H. Maybe it won't fit a std poodle... your decision, I'm happy to bring it just in case.

Where abouts in brissy are you sparky? A car pool would be good but not sure if it would work for me! ;)

Only a few more weeks to go now!

I'm southside - not overly far from ANZ stadium (QEII).

The workshop is my end of exams celebration.

YAY!!! I've just booked my spot!!!! So.... if any one needs a lift down from Toowoomba, let me know... you will have to share a very small car with a GSD and me tho :laugh: so I can't fit another dog in :(

Wow - I thought they were booked out in September!!!! A week to go and you still got in.

We are coming from the sunny coast on Thursday and are staying til Saturday when we will put the dogs in the kennels for the day and go SHOPPING - haven't told OH yet but he will work it out fast enough.

I have just said explore I didn't say where - he he he

The Weekend bit is organised by the Caboolture Sports Dog Club for dog trainers - more intense

I am excited about the Friday - though haven't yet got my projected roster past the end of next week - BAH oh well, have lots of sick leave up my sleeve anyway