Litters Due In December 2009

Bilbo Baggins

Always love coming in here to share in everyone's excitment over their babies, and am sad to see that not everything has gone well for a few of you :rofl:

Sending you all BIG :( and hoping that you all manage to enjoy the festive season and that 2010 brings more happy memories and puppy breath for you all

:rainbowbridge:

• Replies 603
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I took some pics of the fur babies today, so thought I would post pics other than the group ones.

These are just profile photos, but at least they have their eyes open now and are rather cute..

white dogwhiteboy25weeks1.jpg

black/brindle & white dog

blackdog25wks.jpg

Here's little Ripley (she was my wee little girl, now she has almost caught up the others)

ripley25weeks.jpg

brindle/white "clown face" girl

clowngirl25weeks2.jpg

the BIG white girl

whitewhalegirl25weeks.jpg

black/brindle & white girl

blackgirl25weeks.jpg

and lastly, the girl that I have liked since day 1, white girl

whitegirl25weeks1.jpg

Sorry to hear Silverblue and Chopperlodge that no babies are coming. :clap:

Loved all the pickies of everyones pups.........cant beleive how much those kelpie bubs look like labbies when they are little.

For us - more SAD news. Yeh...was hoping to come here on Xmas Eve and give you all good news - but sadly we lost the last of the black pups at midnite last night. 3 weeks of age. She fed just fine at lunchtime but by mid arvo started to go downhill, and despite our best efforts and the efforts of a long time breeder friend, we couldnt save her. :cheer::cheer::clap:

RIP Sheldon, Blue Boy, Bambi and Pinky. :D

The 2 choc babies had there first meal tonite and lapped it all up in no time at all.

Just want to wish everyone a very Merry Xmas and let us all hope that the new year brings all of us that have had losses much better luck with our breeding plans, and those yet to have litters, let us hope they also go well.

:p

It looks like the vet was wrong and you can put me back on the list for an ooops litter. I got an urgent phone call from the boarding kennels this afternoon to say that Tyra had 3 pups. Unfortunately, a huge boy had died but she has two beautiful little girls. One weighs 247g and the other 262g. They are the smallest Elkie babies we have had but they seem healthy. Luckily the people who run the kennels also breed dogs.

We had so much trouble having a litter out of Tyra previously and it took three goes because her progesterone level kept dropping. She then needed an emergency c-section. This time the vet said that she wasn't in whelp but she had her three babies naturally. They are now home with us.

Edited by Norskgra

Thanks BB. Tyra was actually due yesterday but we are shocked that she kept them hidden and had them naturally. I also have to wonder how many she would have had if her progesterone was monitored.

Yes that could have an interesting study but maybe the same.

Sorry about the wee boy.

Thanks BB. He was absolutely huge but we think he was stuck and that is why he died. Tyra didn't show any symptoms of being in labour either. The kennel owners are very upset that they didn't notice she was in labour before they found her with two pups.

Just an update on my fur kids, they were 3 weeks yesterday so I got a couple of quick shots.

My little wee girl Ripley (second from left in group pic) has certailny caught up to the others

The Group

puppies3wks.jpg

"Bookends"

blackdogbitch3wks.jpg

"Thorn in amongst 3 roses"..lol White boy surrounded by 3 of the girls

puppies.jpg

White boy & clown face girl......

clowngirlwhiteboy3wks.jpg

Edited by Chopperlodge

Just an update on my fur kids, they were 3 weeks yesterday so I got a couple of quick shots.

My little wee girl Ripley (second from left in group pic) has certailny caught up to the others

The Group

puppies3wks.jpg

"Bookends"

blackdogbitch3wks.jpg

"Thorn in amongst 3 roses"..lol White boy surrounded by 3 of the girls

puppies.jpg

White boy & clown face girl......

clowngirlwhiteboy3wks.jpg

OOOoooo sooooo cute chopperlodge!!! our babies have the same birthday remembering!!! lol - my guys are growing fast also - must get some pics of them on her when they decide to stay still!!!

That little boy with the white spot on his back has really lightened up - he was very dark before - or am I mistaken ??

They look really lovely - you must be one proud grandma!!!