Cool Collars?

Red Fox

Anyone know where you can buy cool collars from :rofl:

By cool I mean the ones that stop your dog from overheating, not "cool" as in trendy :)

I've seen some that you can put in the freezer like an ice pack or insert ice cubes into so that the water drips out onto the dogs chest but am yet to find any in Australia.

Does anyone have any recommendations or know where I can buy one from at a reasonable price?

**Just thought I'd do a quick edit to the title of this thread as it's included a lot of discussion re the Polar products (which are AWESOME by the way :( )

Hopefully it will help send those who are looking for something to keep their doggies cool in this stinking hot weather in the right direction! :(

Edited by SecretKei

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the links APBT.

I was looking at the Kool collars today but was hoping that I could find something similar here in Australia rather then having to pay o/s shipping.

Am wondering if its better to go for the ice type or the one that you soak in water though? Ice would be quick and easy but the other type says that it can stay cool for up to 3 days. How does that work :rofl:

I was looking at the Kool collars today but was hoping that I could find something similar here in Australia rather then having to pay o/s shipping.

Am wondering if its better to go for the ice type or the one that you soak in water though? Ice would be quick and easy but the other type says that it can stay cool for up to 3 days. How does that work :rofl:

I have a cool mat SK and I immerse it in water for about 5 minutes and it has small hard gel crystals inside it, when soaked they expand, soften and do their thing.

The mat stays cool for 3 to 5 days, depending on how hot it is. The crystals just start losing their moisture or however the hell it works and then after 4-5 days it is back to flat and hard gel crystals. I didnt believe it, but it works. Now to get my dog to lay on it ..... thats a whole other story!!

Im not sure who I got it from but I'm sure I could back track and find out if you want their info. Its an Aussie company. Not sure if they did the neck thingies though.

Anyone know where you can buy cool collars from :rofl:

By cool I mean the ones that stop your dog from overheating, not "cool" as in trendy :)

I've seen some that you can put in the freezer like an ice pack or insert ice cubes into so that the water drips out onto the dogs chest but am yet to find any in Australia.

Does anyone have any recommendations or know where I can buy one from at a reasonable price?

SecretKei, I have PMd you regarding my Polar Collars

Am wondering if its better to go for the ice type or the one that you soak in water though? Ice would be quick and easy but the other type says that it can stay cool for up to 3 days. How does that work :confused:

I have a cool mat SK and I immerse it in water for about 5 minutes and it has small hard gel crystals inside it, when soaked they expand, soften and do their thing.

The mat stays cool for 3 to 5 days, depending on how hot it is. The crystals just start losing their moisture or however the hell it works and then after 4-5 days it is back to flat and hard gel crystals. I didnt believe it, but it works. Now to get my dog to lay on it ..... thats a whole other story!!

Im not sure who I got it from but I'm sure I could back track and find out if you want their info. Its an Aussie company. Not sure if they did the neck thingies though.

Hi HH, I am pretty sure you purchased your mat from my ebay store, and it is a Polar Pad. Yes I have the Polar Collars also.

Am wondering if its better to go for the ice type or the one that you soak in water though? Ice would be quick and easy but the other type says that it can stay cool for up to 3 days. How does that work :confused:

With the products that contain the non-toxic polymers (crystals) they work by an evaporative affect being created once the polymers are activated by soaking them. the slow evaporation is what gives off the cooling and as it occurs gradually, this is what makes them last so long. duration of cooling provided depends on several factors.. ambient temperature, humidity, conditions, quality of water used etc. Also rolling the collar over every couple of hrs can help also, but is not necessary. And yes, cooling can last for several days. However, I find a quick and simple top up soak each morning works best.

I am not a big fan of the ice type products as these can and have been known to create chills. Perhaps different with using mats, as the dog can get up and move away, but with a collar, the dog is forced to keep it on until you can attend it.

I leave my Polar collars on the dogs when I go out and I feel confident that they will be kept cool without being over cooled and having a velcro fitting, mean that if they get snagged (never happened with me) then the colar can "break away" easily enough before the dog would be in any danger.

Hope this helps. ;)

What is your ebay store called dyzney?

Hi princesszelda.

On ebay, I sell under the User ID of Aussiepetstuff

or you can do an ebay search on Polar Collar or Polar Pad, and this will also bring up the Polar Product listings

:thumbsup:

Edited by dyzney

Hi princesszelda.

or you can do an ebay search on Polar Collar or Polar Pad, and this will also bring up the Polar Product listings

:laugh:

:laugh: I thought that might have been you! - I'm trying to wrangle Mort now for a measure-up :thumbsup:

Hi princesszelda.

:love:

:laugh: I thought that might have been you! - I'm trying to wrangle Mort now for a measure-up :thumbsup:

Excellent. Like I said, pretty sure Mort will be medium, but with his measurements, I will feel more confident at accurately sizing him.

:laugh: