November Challenge

tlc

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be a late starter and have a go this month. My kids are both sick so it might be a few days until I have willing subjects :rofl:

Hmm.. unless the cat wants to cooperate :rofl:

ETA.

This is one I took a while back of Rex (my ex's dog)

f5.0

ISO 100

1/125s

DSC01743-1.jpg

Edited by lic_82

I took this last month but it's still practise as it was the first outing with my 1.4x teleconverter which slows down focusing I've found.

I hate taking pics in middle of the day top lighting, but with wildlife unless you get up at sparrow's fart and drive somewhere out of town when they are more active, what you see out at lunchtime is pretty much all you are going to get in any weather.

Superb Fairy Wren

Details:

Canon 30D

Exposure: (1/400)

Aperture: f/5.6

Focal Length: 420 mm

ISO Speed: 200

4041775551_4e6a7a29c9.jpg

Edited by Ripley

Love the photo of the Wren and of Rex

I am so jealous

Did you do any editing

Thanks Pandii. The photo of Rex is cropped, then I made it black and white and adjusted the contrast levels a little. I didnt do much to it though.

It one of my fav's.

Did you do any editing

Hi Pandii. I took the pic in RAW and processed it with RAW software using CS3, but I'll stop now or I'll get labelled a purist again.

eta: sometimes I do a bit in PS on dog pics, but usually not for bird pics unless exposure is really off or shadows creeping in.

Edited by Ripley

Ash, I found your 'story' really wonderful! so interesting, what a terrific grounding you've had. You must have a natural 'eye' because your photos are really wonderful.

Lenses! I used to have many for my SLR, but with my digital slr I only have one, a canon ultrasonic image stabilizer 17-85mm (if that makes sense)

Now many of you have the same, I have NO excuses ;) :laugh:

I have absolutely no idea re editing etc. as my computer skills are pretty pathetic.

IMG_2270-1.jpg

This is about the most recent one I've taken, so I guess you can see where I'm starting from :mad

Love the photo of the Wren and of Rex

I am so jealous

Did you do any editing

Thanks Pandii. The photo of Rex is cropped, then I made it black and white and adjusted the contrast levels a little. I didnt do much to it though.

It one of my fav's.

Did you do any editing

Hi Pandii. I took the pic in RAW and processed it with RAW software using CS3, but I'll stop now or I'll get labelled a purist again.

eta: sometimes I do a bit in PS on dog pics, but usually not for bird pics unless exposure is really off or shadows creeping in.

AAhhh I see now, thanks for the info, I better go work on my editing skills so some day my shots look as good as both of yours :laugh:

Monah, Look at those eyes, Love them

Ohhhh So many great shots here today, I was looking forward to getting home from work to check out this thread, It inspired me to go pick up the camera and take some snaps, Im just uploading them now.

Pandii, I use light room for editing, I also have CS4 but dont use it much since I discovered light room, it is just awesome!!

Ok here is mine for today, a few more than one but I couldnt choose,:D

They all taken with the 50mm, shutter speed 100 iso 800 inside and 400 outside, a little editing in LR

DSC_0277.jpg

DSC_0296.jpg

I think the caption on this one should be "im so over this" :)

DSC_0312.jpg

and two of my big boy cause he is soooo bootiful!!

DSC_0322.jpg

DSC_0329.jpg

Think Im going to have to find some willing humans to take pics of although Id rater take doggies than human. :D

Whoops just checked my ex comp and it was on -0.7 I guess it didnt hurt, I just forgot to check it.

Edited by tlc