British Bulldog Prices?

rastus_froggy

The fact that I said 'I understand' conveys that I do not know them personally. I recall looking at their website some time back when someone first alerted me to them. The website stated quite clearly that they were being penalised in the ring I recall and that it was taking time for acceptance (or words to that effect). I am sure someone will point you in the right direction of who they are. :laugh:

aaahhhh

So in other words because you read this statement on his website, you have taken this as gospel.

I was all for hearing a good story.

I know who they are.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The fact that I said 'I understand' conveys that I do not know them personally. I recall looking at their website some time back when someone first alerted me to them. The website stated quite clearly that they were being penalised in the ring I recall and that it was taking time for acceptance (or words to that effect). I am sure someone will point you in the right direction of who they are. :mad

aaahhhh

So in other words because you read this statement on his website, you have taken this as gospel.

I was all for hearing a good story.

I know who they are.

You assume a lot don't you.

Not sure if we are talking about the same breeder, but if we are I had another sad phone call yesterday, another puppy buyer paid their large deposit and has asked many times for a receipt, they have nothing but what they see on the website. They called dogsqld and were told we can't say any thing and they read between the lines of the conversation.

Unfortunately these people learn to late after they have paid big deposits, six weeks ago another man gave me a call he paid the full purchase price of $5000 for a pup in January {which he toke out a loan for} and he still hadn't received a pup, this breeder has done so much damage in a short time, all for the $$$$$$$$

Not sure if we are talking about the same breeder, but if we are I had another sad phone call yesterday, another puppy buyer paid their large deposit and has asked many times for a receipt, they have nothing but what they see on the website. They called dogsqld and were told we can't say any thing and they read between the lines of the conversation.

Unfortunately these people learn to late after they have paid big deposits, six weeks ago another man gave me a call he paid the full purchase price of $5000 for a pup in January {which he toke out a loan for} and he still hadn't received a pup, this breeder has done so much damage in a short time, all for the $$$$$$$$

:laugh: :D :D I honestly don't know how this guy is still walking :(:):champagne:

I thought we had heard the last of his antics, obviously this new prefix has work wonders.

I feel for anyone who gets caught up with his crap as we have heard the same stories, dogs not

showing up, money not being refunded etc etc.

Thats absolutely disgusting I do hope Karma intervenes and acts, and people wonder why some "breeders" get a bad name no better than puppy farmers ( as in money farmers!)

Is this the one that someone else supposedly breeds pups under one prefix, then transfers the pups to the next bloke ( who has his own prefix ), who then becomes responsible for providing the new owners with the paperwork ?

Yep same guy, we all know but the puppy buyer sees an impressive website that looks legit, if this was a business it would have been shut down by now.

Is this the one that someone else supposedly breeds pups under one prefix, then transfers the pups to the next bloke ( who has his own prefix ), who then becomes responsible for providing the new owners with the paperwork ?

Had to laugh when I read that crap, the hide of them :laugh: :D :D

But like bulloved said unsuspecting puppy buyers see the flashy website, not knowing no different

& get seduced by all the glitz & glam.

Here is a recent pic of our Chester, "Australian Champion Bratrice Just in Time," with our 2 year old grandson.

He is a tad grey around the gills now, but at 11 years one would expect that.

He will still bolt up to the front gate if a stranger comes and he continually tries to hump the girls, is really still a puppy at heart.

I factually know that his breeders have had bitches free whelp.

No words could ever express the joy that Chester has given to our family over the past 11 years, and there is definitely no price we could ever place on his being.

Whether people agree or disagree on their costs, is entirely up to themselves.

Just like a gemstone, it may be priceless to one and worthless to another, it depends exactly what one desires in life.

We count our blessings for everyday we have shared together and all I can say is that we know that we certainly got what we paid for and more.

P1000033.jpg

My Bratrice dog died 6 months after I got her :laugh:

The heart ache of what I went through with her has put me off the breed altogether even though I know who gorgeous they are.

Edited by Clyde

and YOU know WHAT they say

when

U ASS U ME!!

;) :)

Exactly. :laugh:

I wish I could recall who it was now to see if the attacks against whomever the breeder is that is being referred to above is actually the same one.

Edited by ~Anne~

I love BB's but my memory of my neighbours one that used to constantly hump you whether you were sitting or standing always put me off, even if he couldn't get to you he would just hump the closest inanimate object to him and look at you :cheer: I think his name was Mumbles but I called him Humpy.

My Bratrice dog died 6 months after I got her :wave:

The heart ache of what I went through with her has put me off the breed altogether even though I know who gorgeous they are.

We've had that happen to us too :love::love::) , our bitch (not from the same kennels as ur's though) died at 6mths :cheer::laugh::laugh: , we were absolutely shattered had brief thoughts of walking away from the breed, but could never see ourselves without one.

My Bratrice dog died 6 months after I got her :wave:

My Bratrice dog died 6 months after I got her :love:

We've had that happen to us too :love::):( , our bitch (not from the same kennels as ur's though) died at 6mths :cheer::laugh::laugh: , we were absolutely shattered had brief thoughts of walking away from the breed, but could never see ourselves without one.

Is it appropriate to ask what they died from?

I have some GOOD NEWS ON the British Bulldog I was trying to rehome after a family tragedy.

The dog has been rehomed to a family who are immigrating to Australia in the next few weeks, who have to leave the BB at home as the arlines wont transport the dog due to breathing problems and age.

The family are excited and ideal as having experience with the BB will make great parents, what a happy ending to a very sad story.

J

post-9555-1277347491_thumb.jpg

We've had that happen to us too :mad:eek: :p , our bitch (not from the same kennels as ur's though) died at 6mths ;) :D ;) , we were absolutely shattered had brief thoughts of walking away from the breed, but could never see ourselves without one.

Is it appropriate to ask what they died from?

Our girl died from aspiration phenmonia as she had a mega oesophagus (food was going straight to her lungs) we had to make the choice to have her pts as there was never a 100% guarantee she would recover. The last wk of her life was very heartbreaking & expensive for us we would've paid any amount of money to keep her alive, unfortunately we didn't have the money tree sitting in our yard to continue. Still look at pics of her wondering how she would've turned out etc. But she's in a better place now, no more suffering for her :p :p :p

I have been doing research on bulldogs for awhile now because I was considering one but settled on a Frenchie instead :mad

Puppies go anywhere between $3000-5000. A breeder told me the price was high because it's not a common breed and they don't have many puppies, plus most if not all births have to be done via caesarian as well. This particular breeder also told me that the most she's had in a litter was four, and she decided to keep 2 females for breeding because she doesn't like breeding the mature dogs as many times as other breeds.

Also, I believe bulldogs are an expensive breed to care for and maintain, which may put off backyard breeders who breed for a quick buck and the general popularity of the dog as a breeding dog.

Why would BB be an expensive breed to care for and maintain? Crikey, I would hope that after having paid such a stiff price for a dog you should not have to continue walking around with your hand on your wallet all of the time and besides which, isn't that the whole idea of health testing? ;)

Bulldogs are sensitive to heat and to cold, so you can't just buy one and keep it outside in the garden when you're out as compared to other breeds. In summer I would think you'd have to keep the air-condition running for a very long time. I think the breeder I talked to mentioned that as soon as it gets hotter than 26 degrees, you need A/C on ASAP. They're also prone to hyperthermia and over-heating which could lead to death if not properly monitored. It gets expensive to have the air-conditioning or heater running a lot, and in Melbourne 40 degree heat, oh boy! ;)

There is a breeder of BB and boxers living about 2kms from my place, she is a registered breeder by the way and not a byb. Her bulldogs and boxers are kept in runs with no air conditioning whatsoever except for shade cloth thrown over the wire runs. :D

So sorry to hear about your sad loss, Moko81. My parents own a purebred fox terrier that has megaesophagus. He was born with no signs of this disorder, he was fed chicken wings, chicken necks, etc etc and never regurgitated. He came down with parvo in between vaccinations even though he never left the backyard. He was taken to the Werribee Animal Hospital and placed on a drip and given antibiotics. He came home 10 days later but was unable to keep his food down. Johnny was taken back to Werribee and the vets concluded that he had megaesophagus. They suggested surgery. When questioned as to why all of a sudden Johnny has this issue their explanation was that perhaps it was as a result of parvo; I never heard that parvo could cause this problem. After much research I found some info that stipulated that certain types of antibiotics can aggravate the esophagus. Anyway, Johhny is still very much alive and will be turning 10 in 3 months. He is fed dry food that has been soaked and mashed. He is able to keep this down without a problem. I wonder if your vet suggested ways you could have adopted in preventing aspiration pneumonia from occurring? I would hope so.