Nutro Dry Food

Our local per shop has just started to sell Nutro. We currently feed Royal Canin and were wondering how is compares? Which would people recommend? I have never seen it anywhere before so I am totally unfamiliar with it. Any suggestions/recommendations/experiences is much appreciated.

Can't compare to Royal Canin never used it ,but I and my dogs love Nutro. They are on the sensitive formula ,my old girl who has always had skin issues is doing really well on it.No hotspots,chewing and licking like before and to boost they love it. They have been on it since early this year.

I have my adult corgis on RC and my puppy has been on Advance, Eukanuba, RC and now Nutro. I was contemplating switching the adults to nutro but after searching on here I've decided to switch to Eagle Pack instead. My pup seems to be doing well on Nutro, no different to when he was on RC but he does better on both of these than on Advance or Eukanuba. I'm switching the adults from RC just to see if they do better on EP, they do well on RC but I am wanting to try lots of products to make sure they are eating the best one for them.

I reckon EP is better but because it was getting a little harder to get I now use Nutro. Mine like it but they have never been fussy.

I believe it can take between 30-60 days before you see any real difference. The Natural is made in Aus which I like from Aussie ingredience.

The Natural is made in Aus which I like from Aussie ingredience.

The rice in Nutro is monsoonal rice from Asia.

Keep in mind that the Nutro currently being sold is a different formula than when it was made in the US. Some dogs do well on it, others who used to use the original Nutro have been disappointed, so as with anything, it will depend upon the individual.

Sags

:thumbsup:

The Natural is made in Aus which I like from Aussie ingredience.

The rice in Nutro is monsoonal rice from Asia.

Keep in mind that the Nutro currently being sold is a different formula than when it was made in the US. Some dogs do well on it, others who used to use the original Nutro have been disappointed, so as with anything, it will depend upon the individual.

Sags

:offtopic:

Yes, they use Asian monsoonal rice because they believe growing rice in Australia is unsustainable [which I have to agree with]

Im currently feeding my 7 month old lab Artemis Large breed puppy. His pooh has been kinda soft lately..a bit messy to pick up around teh backyard. Its not runny..but its not firm either.

I was considering changing to Nutro Large breed puppy, and was wondering what the gereal consensus was. Or am I better off switching back to Innova Large Breed puppy which is what started him on...?

THanks!

We fed the US made Nutro to our dogs from 2000-2008, and weaned litters on it, with good results. We fed Chicken and Rice, Lamb and Rice and Senior.

During the time when Nutro was pulled from the market here, and prior to it being made avail. as an Aussie made product, we fed Orijen, Artemis and Dick Van Pattens Natural Balance, none of which we were happy with. We also fed Ziwipeak which we are more than happy with, but given its $$$ value, it is now not economical to feed seven dogs.

During this transitional time we also started our dogs on a home-made mix of minced chicken frames, pasta, yoghurt, linseed and veges. etc etc

We currently feed 2/3rds of our home made mix and 1/3rd Nutro/Ziwipeak.

Our dogs are doing well on what we now feed, healthy/shiny coats, firm stools etc etc.

Edited by Hesapandabear

His pooh has been kinda soft lately..a bit messy to pick up around teh backyard. Its not runny..but its not firm either.

Stevo - might be worth reducing the amount you feed for a couple of weeks and reassessing as the softer stools are often from overfeeding.

Sags

:laugh:

Im currently feeding my 7 month old lab Artemis Large breed puppy. His pooh has been kinda soft lately..a bit messy to pick up around teh backyard. Its not runny..but its not firm either.

I was considering changing to Nutro Large breed puppy, and was wondering what the gereal consensus was. Or am I better off switching back to Innova Large Breed puppy which is what started him on...?

THanks!

I wouldn't feed Innova cause of the stockist.

THanks!

I wouldn't feed Innova cause of the stockist.

If the food is good, I'll get it for my lab, regardless of where it comes from...which by the way is the same place I bought him from too!

His pooh has been kinda soft lately..a bit messy to pick up around teh backyard. Its not runny..but its not firm either.

Stevo - might be worth reducing the amount you feed for a couple of weeks and reassessing as the softer stools are often from overfeeding.

Sags

:)

Problem is he doesn't really look like he could do with less food...if anything quite the oppsite really. I wouldn't say he's too skinny...infact he's probably perfectly dimensioned. Currently I'm feeding him 1 cup of Artemis three times a day...with the occasional pigs ear or liver treat as a snack, but not everyday.

Is that too much do you think??

THanks!

I tried artemis and my dogs had soft stinky poop and lots of farts I kept perseveering with it but it didnt agree with them.I got some Nutro a few weeks back and theyve got good firm poop now and both of them are going great.So yeah Nutro works for mine.