• Other?
  3. 3. Is Erskine Park okay for you?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yah I get to meet Top after all :laugh: . Awww naked Top thats ok my two have dropped all their clothes all over my bedroom floor. Hopefully they have finished cos otherwise they will drop it all over TerraNiks place too :mad .

Ah it'd just blend in with Ahsoka and Jedi's. Don't think I'd notice another 2 dogs worth of hair!!!!!

Hahaha yeah I know it will just blend :laugh: . Awww I am sure Top isn't as stupid as you make out. Not like my little midget who will be scared of everybody :laugh: and my dog snob who will just try and find whatever food there is to be had from wherever somebody may have dropped some in the last 6 weeks :mad . Ooooh TerraNik - Ness is all yours to look after :laugh: .

Hahaha yeah I know it will just blend :rofl: . Awww I am sure Top isn't as stupid as you make out.

Wait until you meet him, you will be amazed at how a supposedly smart breed can be so dumb. Theres a light on but no ones home.

Is it fenced? And is there a tap? Or do we need to bring bottles of water.

The main perimeter of the whole complex has fences yes but I'm not sure where we will be meeting.

There are plenty of taps.

There is a GSD show on so the main ring areas should be free :rofl:

The gates are always open, there is no fence between the carpark and the rings, so it is not dog proof fencing. There are also sheep on the property for herding so the dogs need to be kept away from them and there is an open show and obedience trial for the GSDs on their ground so they won't appreciate other dogs running over to their side.

Lovely place to meet, some shade, plenty of water taps, and large flat grassed areas for photos but it is not an off lead park it is a dog showground. If your dog has a rock solid recall and won't worry anyone else then they can be let off but otherwise no. The road out the front has an 80km speed limit so don't take any chances. I only ever let mine off on the GSD ground when it is empty because it is furthest away from the road. Also remember if you are taking clam shells, make sure they don't make mud holes in the grass. The groundkeeper will not be happy if you do.

I may drop out to meet you all if I get a chance. If not hope you all have a fun day.

Edited by dancinbcs

Top is coming I convinced her to bring him :rofl: . Hmmmm dancinbcs - thanks for the heads up re the sheep - will have to keep an eye on the midget :offtopic: . And would love to meet you if you do get a chance to come dancinbcs :) .

Morgie is ready for lots of play :rofl:

What about Top? I'd like to meet him, :) as I can't go to the Santa photos.

Yeah the dumb one is coming. Don't say I didn't warn you!

Perhaps if people want an off-leash area we could go to a fenced dog park?

Edited by poocow

Stevie, Jodie and I will be there!

Looking forward to it. Can we bring santa props?

ETA please everyone, don't give Stevie any treats - you'll never be rid of her!

Same here although Tilba loves human pats & jumps on everyone she can be a little obsessed with other dogs if she thinks they will take her food. :rofl:

Edited by luvsdogs

Perhaps if people want an off-leash area we could go to a fenced dog park?

That might be a good idea - depends if people were planning for the dogs to be off-lead/able to have a play. Are there any large ones that are unlikely to be really busy on a weekend?

I went to a nice one out at Westleigh (near Pennant Hills, only 5 minutes off Pennant Hills road) that was pretty big with some seating and shade, but I wouldn't have a clue about any others - that one is the closest one to my place and it's an hour away. No fenced off-leash areas around here at all :D

Well being slightly selfish I would prefer EP because we have to head out there on the Sunday as well and it might mean that Kenzie is more settled on the Sunday :D .

But also:

I am never keen on fenced "dog parks" at the best of times. I found most people here use them as an excuse for having no verbal control over there dogs and this almost always ends in at least an argument or three. At least there would be less strange non DOL dogs at EP (well it sounds like its not a place people just rock up to run dogs).

Sorry but thats just my view on fenced parks and I would almost always avoid them like the plague.

Edited by ness

Well being slightly selfish I would prefer EP because we have to head out there on the Sunday as well and it might mean that Kenzie is more settled on the Sunday :D .

But also:

I am never keen on fenced "dog parks" at the best of times. I found most people here use them as an excuse for having no verbal control over there dogs and this almost always ends in at least an argument or three. At least there would be less strange non DOL dogs at EP (well it sounds like its not a place people just rock up to run dogs).

Sorry but thats just my view on fenced parks and I would almost always avoid them like the plague.

Agreed, Ness. The off lead parks can be a nightmare. I only use the tiny local one if no one else is around. My two dogs have both had a 24 hour vomiting bug this weekend after going there in the last few days so will giving it a wide berth for a while.

If the main purpose of this meet is to take photos then a more controlled area would be a better idea than a free for all in an offlead park. Erskine Park is a lovely ground, clean and well kept, which is a lot more than you can say for the average off lead dog park. The general public do not use EP as it belongs to the members of DogsNSW. It is not a public park and the average pet owner would not know it exists.

Well being slightly selfish I would prefer EP because we have to head out there on the Sunday as well and it might mean that Kenzie is more settled on the Sunday :laugh: .

But also:

The one I mentioned is a lovely park, but the dogs we met there were less so, which is why I asked whether anyone knows one that's likely to be less popular/busy. I'm not keen on random unknown dogs in dog parks either, especially after the other day.

The 8 or so dogs there when we went ALL disliked other dogs (except the ones they lived with and were there with 2 groups of 4 dogs).

So Gypsy got snapped at just for sniffing noses by almost all the dogs there, which was a bit off-putting (I can understand it if she's getting in their faces being all bouncy, but she wasn't, and mostly they came up to her, and then snapped at her). So, it wasn't the best experience, but the location itself was great.

Also, I don't know what kind of photos Iltby wants to take - dogs on lead might limit the options, or maybe it doesn't matter

I don't mind if it has to be on-lead - although the possibility of off-lead play is attractive because Gypsy only ever gets to play on-lead and she'd probably love an off-lead play, for the record her recall is pretty good, calling her away from other dogs she's playing with is fine, although calling her away from people who are giving her food, not so much :D

Edited so it makes more sense

Edited by Serket

I think EP would be the better deal. Lots of lovely green well kept grass with plenty of taps plus there are the shaded judging areas to sit under if it is a bit warm. I can throw in a couple of puppy pens so that people can let their dogs have a rest in them, if they like?

Just let me know and I will put them in the car as I will be bringing along my trolley for my two to sit in.

I can maybe bring one.. just depends on how many dogs I bring.

Yes Shmoo!! *wills you to bring the fluffy one* :laugh:

Definitely happening, and because 10am has received the most votes we'll go with 10am :rofl:

So-

12th of Dec

Erskine Park

10am

Bring dogs

:rofl:

+ camera :rofl:

OH has gone and organised his birthday BBQ for that day but it doesn't start until 12...so Morgie and I will be there from 10am-11:30 :rofl:

I'm taking my niece to the ballet (and by ballet, I mean we're seeing Angelina Ballerina performed by a ballet company) at 2 so I'll only be there till about midday.

:rofl: TerraNik - hmmm yep you can take all 5 and I'll stay home and practice for the comp on the Sunday. Will certainly test you out :rofl: .

:rofl: That's okay - Shell is coming so I can palm off a couple to her! :rofl:

Yay!!

hmm just what she wants 2 norti BCs to look after.

You haven't seen naughtyness until you've met Zero :laugh:

hmm just what she wants 2 norti BCs to look after.

I actually thought I would give her Soaks and Jedi :rofl:

To keep? :D

Awwww poocow - I wanna meet Top!!!!!!

I suppose I could bring him too. Hes naked at the moment, I clipped him off.

Will leave Doog at home though, hes a grumpy old man.

*wills you to bring Darcy too*

Zero is a grumpy old man too - I'm sure they'll get along really well, standing away from everyone else and not running around with the young'uns. :rofl:

I think EP would be the better deal. Lots of lovely green well kept grass with plenty of taps plus there are the shaded judging areas to sit under if it is a bit warm. I can throw in a couple of puppy pens so that people can let their dogs have a rest in them, if they like?

Just let me know and I will put them in the car as I will be bringing along my trolley for my two to sit in.

I can bring 2 (actually, maybe 3, not sure how many I have actually) of the Bunnings compost crates, I think they'll fit in the car (new car since I bought them, but should be ok)

*wills you to bring Darcy too*

Zero is a grumpy old man too - I'm sure they'll get along really well, standing away from everyone else and not running around with the young'uns. :D

Nah he really is a grumpy old man. He gave shmoo's Dexter a telling off on Thursday.

He's currently annoyed at the Christmas beetle crawling around the lounge room.