Western Australian Thread

Lab_Rat

I'd love to do a camping weekend with dogs too, one day when mine is good at obedience and your is good at agility we'll go, okay RS? :cry: Should only take about 3 years for Trixie to figure it out :)

Who said anything about them needing to be any good? I'll never get there at that rate :rofl:

Maybe next year I will entertain the idea of a camping weekend with the dogs in Geraldton. Keep your calendar open Amy and keep the training up, you're coming with :rofl:

I would be keen to go next year, Mason wont be ready for the trial but we will go for the camping fun, just let me know in advance and we can organise something, I will start buying camping stuff , so far I only have 4 camp chairs and 1 sleeping bag lol.

If anyone wants to join WAclick just PM me and I'll pass on your names to the moderator. If you don't get a reply within a week email me again as things happen and either of us may have forgotten :)

For those not on the list, the details for the Show n Go are Saturday evening 13th March 6.30 start at the Canine lower ground. Agility and Jumping nested courses . Obedience - CCD, Novice, Open, UD, $3 per go in the ring. We still need helpers so please consider coming down and having a go in the ring as well as helping out either by calling or stewarding for a stint. We will also have the dumbell in the bucket competition so brush up on your throwing skills :D This is a fundraiser for the National Agility. :hug:

RubyStar you should join WA Click, that's where bedazzled posts details about the show'n'go's.

I want to join WAClick but still dont know how. :(

Me neither, it's like a secret cult :(

I've asked Deb if she can refer me which she has, just waiting to be accepted. That was like a week ago though, so maybe I'm just not good enough to be apart of this exclusive club? :cry:

Edited by bedazzledx2

I'd love to do a camping weekend with dogs too, one day when mine is good at obedience and your is good at agility we'll go, okay RS? :hug: Should only take about 3 years for Trixie to figure it out :(

Who said anything about them needing to be any good? I'll never get there at that rate :)

Maybe next year I will entertain the idea of a camping weekend with the dogs in Geraldton. Keep your calendar open Amy and keep the training up, you're coming with :cry:

The Geraldton show/trails can be alot of fun so it is definaitly worth considering and camping is availablle on the grounds for a few dollars so makes for a very relaxed weekend with like minded people. I use to go all the time, but petrol costs are a big killer these days as I usually use about two tanks of fuel with the van. One of Jenna's babies (well not still a baby) lives up there so it use to be good to catch up with her and her owners while I was there especially as she was one of the 2 that I was tossing up about keeping.

So perhaps I will add your name to the list too, then! :( I definitely think it would be a lot of fun. I'd go this year if we could organise a group, but I think it's probably too short notice.

And no worries Candice, if it happens you'll be sure to know! I don't own a tent either, nor a sleeping bag :D

If anyone wants to join WAclick just PM me and I'll pass on your names to the moderator. If you don't get a reply within a week email me again as things happen and either of us may have forgotten :)

For those not on the list, the details for the Show n Go are Saturday evening 13th March 6.30 start at the Canine lower ground. Agility and Jumping nested courses . Obedience - CCD, Novice, Open, UD, $3 per go in the ring. We still need helpers so please consider coming down and having a go in the ring as well as helping out either by calling or stewarding for a stint. We will also have the dumbell in the bucket competition so brush up on your throwing skills :cry: This is a fundraiser for the National Agility. :hug:

I will help steward if needed, someone just grab me if they want me!

I suck at throwing the dumbell, I was actually thinking the other week I need to practice that bit solo so I can get it a bit straighter :(

:( Poor DB throwing must be a WA thing - although having said that I throw lovely straight DBs and the only time I have had to rethrow the bloody thing has been a trial in WA. Lets just say a light wooden DB and a bit of breeze at the canine and you end up with it nearly back at your feet :hug: . Ah well the judge must have felt sorry for us because after the rethrow she did end up with 30 for ROH. My ROF must have just landed outside the minimum and very crooked but Ness was a good kid and still managed a nice retrieve - bless her.

:hug: Poor DB throwing must be a WA thing -

"cough" "cough" er wash your mouth out - I only duck for cover when calling a round for Deb or Zoe - I have no troubles hurling it all the way to the end of the ring and under the fence :(

Edited by Ptolomy

Goodonya Ptolomy :( . Hmmm I do laugh as I tried a ROF with Kenz in the training ring the other night and the DB went so far they were like would you like to throw it again - nah LONG retrieves are so much fun :hug: .

HI, I am just making an enquirey at this point to see if anyone is heading to SA for the stafford champ shows on the 16th and 17th (there are also obedience and agility trials on the same weekend). I am thinking about it and have enquired on how much would be to fly and have worked out a rouch estimate on how much to drive ( :laugh: ). It would be cheaper to drive BUT, longer. I have a new dog trailer(large 4 berth with wardrobe, a/c ) and also a landcruiser so would have the room.

If anyone is interested then please let me know.

The Geraldton show/trails can be alot of fun so it is definaitly worth considering and camping is availablle on the grounds for a few dollars so makes for a very relaxed weekend with like minded people. I use to go all the time, but petrol costs are a big killer these days as I usually use about two tanks of fuel with the van. One of Jenna's babies (well not still a baby) lives up there so it use to be good to catch up with her and her owners while I was there especially as she was one of the 2 that I was tossing up about keeping.

So perhaps I will add your name to the list too, then! :laugh: I definitely think it would be a lot of fun. I'd go this year if we could organise a group, but I think it's probably too short notice.

And no worries Candice, if it happens you'll be sure to know! I don't own a tent either, nor a sleeping bag :D

ROAD TRIP! If we go next year I'm sure we can talk ozjen into it :)

I have a swag, I'm set :)

HI, I am just making an enquirey at this point to see if anyone is heading to SA for the stafford champ shows on the 16th and 17th (there are also obedience and agility trials on the same weekend). I am thinking about it and have enquired on how much would be to fly and have worked out a rouch estimate on how much to drive ( :D ). It would be cheaper to drive BUT, longer. I have a new dog trailer(large 4 berth with wardrobe, a/c ) and also a landcruiser so would have the room.

If anyone is interested then please let me know.

If your planning on sharing costs with others I'd advise getting money upfront. Did a trip over east with some friends and took the extra vehicle so that another so called friend could come. We had planned out the costs for all of us well before and this person had none of the vehicle prep costs or camping equipment costs to worry about. Anyway three quarters of the way across Australia she anounced she had no more money. The rest of us who were all travellling on a tight budget where left with her share of the costs including camping and food for the three weeks we were away and pre booked accomadation on the way back. To top it of she told everyoneat the dog shows and camp a bunch of lies about us and then disappeared on the last day leaving us a note to say that she had got a lift to Melbourne and was flying home. Also mean't that one driver (me) had to drive home across Australia without a co driver and had the full petrol costs. She was the only one in the group that didn't help out around camp too, never cooked or made a cuppa for anyone just turned up for meals and then tried to dissappear so she wouldn't have to do dishes. Plus often we had to toilet her dog as she would go off and leave him penned up at camp and he would be barking to get out.

Luckily the rest of the group were great people and we had a fantastic time regardless of this person. Do wish though that my parents hadn't brought me up quiet so well, because she deserved to be left on the side of the road, but I wouldn't have done that to her dog. :cool:

ozjen, that is disgraceful! :D Some people :D

Geraldton is only like 5-6 hours away right? Not enough time to make a doco or declare halfway we're outta cash :cool:

Yep it sucked because I could have gone in my sisters car but took the extra vehicle so this person didn't miss out. Still, one of lifes lessons learnt. We still had a great time, just mean't that my bills had to be paid in installments for awhile as I had to dip into my emergency funds and use some of my rates money. I'd always wanted to drive across Australia though, and also try showing in another state so I wouldn't have missed out on that part of the trip and the other ladies more than made up for the one.